A new feature in the app

New to us, at least! I also don't know if it's fleetwide. But as of last week's Oasis cruise, we were able to access our photos from the ship's photographer within the app, from an icon at the bottom of the home screen. We loved being able to preview them without having to go to the kiosks. We couldn't figure out how to apply our free Diamond photos so we had to do that part at the photo center, but we had already picked out the two we wanted. The thumbnail previews showed up within a matter of hours, too.

Another bonus is that it was super easy to download the pics we got with our coupons. We still got the emails so I was able to download them to my desktop, but they were on my phone right away.

Anyway, just a heads-up if you're cruising soon and you get pictures taken onboard. 🙂 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

59 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I don't see an icon that would do that on my sailing. Does it show up after you connect to ship's WiFi? Or is it ship dependent for now?

Yes, you do have to be connected to the ship's WiFi. I'm not sure if it's on every ship or not--before this one, our last cruise was four months ago on the Ovation and it wasn't available.

• Thanks 1

It was on Icon last week.  You ordered the photos and they were delivered right to your stateroom. No issues with using our free diamond photos although it gid appear as if it was going to charge you but it showed up as a 0 charge on the folio. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

New to us, at least! I also don't know if it's fleetwide. But as of last week's Oasis cruise, we were able to access our photos from the ship's photographer within the app, from an icon at the bottom of the home screen. We loved being able to preview them without having to go to the kiosks. We couldn't figure out how to apply our free Diamond photos so we had to do that part at the photo center, but we had already picked out the two we wanted. The thumbnail previews showed up within a matter of hours, too.

Another bonus is that it was super easy to download the pics we got with our coupons. We still got the emails so I was able to download them to my desktop, but they were on my phone right away.

Anyway, just a heads-up if you're cruising soon and you get pictures taken onboard. 🙂 

We had this on Harmony back in December. It is a great new feature!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No issues with using our free diamond photos although it gid appear as if it was going to charge you but it showed up as a 0 charge on the folio. 

Oh, that's good to know! I backed out when it looked like it was going to charge us.

21 hours ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Yes, you do have to be connected to the ship's WiFi. I'm not sure if it's on every ship or not--before this one, our last cruise was four months ago on the Ovation and it wasn't available.

It is available on the Symphony currently. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Eastern flygirl said:

Thank you, Scottdalfonso, that is very good information.  Much better than visiting the Next Cruise office.  

No problem- if you booked with the cruise you are currently on with a Travel agent, the booking will automatically go to them, as well. Then you can just get in touch with them when you get home and work it all out.  And yes, much easier than dealing with Next cruise- I never even had to leave my seat at Playmakers- decided while we were sitting there that we wanted to book another one, pulled out my phone, two clicks later it was done. 

Edited by Scottdalfonso
  • Thanks 1