Is this the worst sensation on a cruise ship?

wcook

Ever have a late (late!) night onboard, possibly while getting the most out of your drink package. You stumble out of bed and somehow make it to breakfast only to be treated by… the buffet.

Who are all these people? Why is it so chaotic? And as the Grinch would say, the noise, noise noise. 

I’ll be fine after a little bacon and eggs. Just thought I’d share with you guys as I cruise along, somewhere in the Persian Gulf…

5 hours ago, wcook said:

Who are all these people? Why is it so chaotic? And as the Grinch would say, the noise, noise noise. 

These people are me and my husband.  We are excited and cannot wait for the day to begin.  We were in bed asleep by 10pm and up and waiting for the buffet to open an hour before it opened.

We have already had coffee and we are talking and planning and discussing what is in store for the day.

Sorry that you are looking for a quieter room..... but you had fun the night before and that is all good!

• Like 2

No the worst sensation is when you wake up and this is the first conversatiom.

Me: Happy anniversary.

DW: Happy anniversary. Could you get the daily and read to me when the medical clinic opens.

11 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

IMHO, the worst sensation is when you hear that ding as you are carrying your stuff off at debarkation. 

I was going to say, the worst sensation is waking up and seeing that your ship is docked at your departure port. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mangrove Snapper said:

Yes, that final ding when they scan you off for the last time...  That's the worst to me.

1 minute ago, Mangrove Snapper said:

Yes, that final ding when they scan you off for the last time...  That's the worst to me.

We're doing a B2B so maybe after the first segment I should listen for that ding and be happy 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mangrove Snapper said:

We once had an excursion back from Dover to Heathrow that included Canterbury. It made it seem like we were not ending our cruise vacation even when there was that final ding. And for the cruise we had booked for the summer of 2020 that never happened due to Covid, we were booked on an excursion back to Heathrow from Southampton including Stonehenge. My DW actually said she was looking forward to that even more than to the cruise itself.

3 hours ago, clo said:

We're doing a B2B so maybe after the first segment I should listen for that ding and be happy 🙂

There is a certain happy -- almost smug, if I'm honest -- feeling one gets when sitting and having a leisurely cappuccino at the espresso place on disembarkation day, and watching everyone else shuffling around nervously with their carry-on bags waiting for their tag to be called...😉

Edited by cruisemom42

The sensation the next morning after that late late night when you’re on a big coach bus. 

I have a very clear memory of a hungover hike I took to Mendenhall Glacier 2 years back. Now I try to plan my party nights to avoid early morning hikes. Woohoo for being a woman in her 30s and living her best life.

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

And for the cruise we had booked for the summer of 2020 that never happened due to Covid,

We had one of those but not a cruise. (Well), a part was a Hurtigruten cruise. Then I had to cancel it all. Fourteen different pieces. Sigh.