Anyone able to get a kettle for their room? (Not UK cruise)

dizgal64

29 minutes ago, rbtan said:

I'm referring to an electric kettle that you plug in..

Yes I know, they are allowed and we have had them provided loads of times

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rbtan said:

Tea kettle will NOT be provided. Too much of a fire hazard for SOLAS to allow.

Princess provides electric water kettles by default on cruises ex Southampton.  Regal and Sky have them and provide them.  Something about the Brits and their afternoon tea.  They are put in storage once the ships reach the Caribbean.

Some cruise lines have Nespresso machines in their cabins--same difference, heating element that causes water to boil. 

9 hours ago, SCX22 said:

Princess provides electric water kettles by default on cruises ex Southampton.  Regal and Sky have them and provide them.  Something about the Brits and their afternoon tea.  They are put in storage once the ships reach the Caribbean.

Some cruise lines have Nespresso machines in their cabins--same difference, heating element that causes water to boil. 

Afternoon tea? Morning, noon and night tea. I require two cups just to get out of bed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Hamilthorn said:

As a backup, look for a stainless steel electric immersion heater - small, saw one on Amazon as low as $5.99.

They are banned on most cruise lines.  Shame because they work well.  Used one many years ago when I travelled through Europe.

On 2/6/2024 at 1:24 PM, pompeii said:

We were on the Sapphire Jan 4-20 S. America and Antarctica and our steward brought us a kettle. I don’t know how many they have on board but we requested it right after boarding and he brought it no problem. 

Either they had a limited number or I just had a lazy steward. He really was marginal at best.

I was on the 34 day sailing just before yours LA to BA Dec 1 to Jan 4, 2024 and was told they ran out. I asked on day one of the cruise. Since the cruise before us was a long South Pacific sailing there weren’t too many b2b folks. 

I’ve asked for and had kettles provided on the Emerald and the Diamond in 2023. If my steward tells me no again I’m going to ask for the room supervisor and let them tell me no. 

13 hours ago, Gwendy said:

They are banned on most cruise lines.  Shame because they work well.  Used one many years ago when I travelled through Europe.

20 hours ago, Hamilthorn said:

As a backup, look for a stainless steel electric immersion heater - small, saw one on Amazon as low as $5.99.

Considering you might get in trouble, I'd recommend not using one. They can get really quite hot. We use them in Sous Vide. 

On 2/8/2024 at 6:05 AM, antsp said:

Yes I know, they are allowed and we have had them provided loads of times

So have we....with a complete tea and coffee set up.
We ordered it off the room service menu on the app.

Edited by suzyed