GET OFF SHIP ON ISLAND?

11 hours ago, jedi bobs said:

You need to have special permission from Carnival, and I don't think they are giving it.  You could just leave the ship, but, you could be given fines onboard the ship and such and banned from all futire Carnival, and carnival corp sailings.

According to the PVSA rules, the cruise lines will have no fines since I started out in a US port and leaving in a foreign port.  It is not allowed if you start in a US port and end in another US port, so the cruise lines can't charge me any fees as they won't incur any.

Aruba Customs sent me the ED Customs card that I must fill out and it does have a question how I will arrive to Aruba and it has the option of choosing by sea and they ask the ship name.  

I would let guest services know I will be leaving the ship but if I do get banned it won't matter we graduated to Celebrity, our last cruises all have been on Celebrity.  But I highly doubt I be banned.

5 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Fine you for what? It's not a PVSA violation.

Carnival can't hold you hostage. If they won't approve an early debark in advance, just have a family emergency the night before and go to Guest Services telling them you need to disembark in Aruba.

You are correct, it is not a PVSA violation.  The problem with people is they do not do the research in learning the actual rules/regulations, your correct.  Departing in Aruba does not violate this law because it is not a US port.

I would tell guest services that I will be leaving the ship for sure.  They can't hold us hostage I can simply say that I just want to spend more time in this port and show them proof of my hotel reservation and my airline information to return back to the states.  

30 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

The problem is we not getting anybody to answer so I will keep asking, maybe find somebody who knows.

What you really mean is that you will keep asking until you get the answer you want.  EM

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

You still pay the fees incurred by Carnival,  no matter what reason you use.  I think it is about $800 pp. 

Carnival will receive no fines since I will disembark in a foreign country, they will receive fines if I disembark in a US port different port than when I started the cruise with.

7 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

What you really mean is that you will keep asking until you get the answer you want.  EM

And it does not really matter what answers are provided in this forum as the only answer that really matters is from the cruise line.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Until I get somebody that actually did this and can actually give true results.  Some people here do understand the true PVSA laws, like I do, it is not a violation to start off in a US port and disembark in a foreign port.

• Haha 1

Just now, ontheweb said:

And it does not really matter what answers are provided in this forum as the only answer that really matters is from the cruise line.

That is the problem, they are saying no out of convenience because they do not know exactly who to ask to get the answer then I got two agents who said just miss the ship, it happens.  This is my problem, I am not getting an answer from Carnival.

2 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

That is the problem, they are saying no out of convenience because they do not know exactly who to ask to get the answer then I got two agents who said just miss the ship, it happens.  This is my problem, I am not getting an answer from Carnival.

You cannot just claim you just missed the ship when you disembark with your luggage. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Until I get somebody that actually did this and can actually give true results.  Some people here do understand the true PVSA laws, like I do, it is not a violation to start off in a US port and disembark in a foreign port.

I would say just because it is not a PVSA law doesn't mean the cruise line policy permits it.  Of course they can't hold you hostage, but I would question if there is anything that would stop them from charging a fee if they deemed appropriate.  Even if you get someone's experience, I would continue to seek the answer from Carnival.  Everyone's experience can vary.

11 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Just because someone was able to do it and tells you they were able to on this forum doesn’t mean it’s allowed and their result will be the same for you.

It sounds like you know what you’re doing so just go ahead with your plan.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

You cannot just claim you just missed the ship when you disembark with your luggage. 🤦‍♂️

Nor is it the correct thing to do….

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

Nor is it the correct thing to do….

And it is hard for them not to notice that you have all your luggage!

3 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Sure is….

And I wonder what story a passenger would come up with when asked why do you have all your luggage with you for this port stop.

28 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Carnival will receive no fines since I will disembark in a foreign country, they will receive fines if I disembark in a US port different port than when I started the cruise with.

It's not a fine, but I know that RCI charges a fee for downline disembarkation, since it does require more paperwork for passenger manifests, and the fact that the cruise for everyone else actually returning to the US is no longer on a closed loop cruise, since the manifest changed since leaving the US embarkation port.  Not sure if Carnival charges this fee.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

15 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

And I wonder what story a passenger would come up with when asked why do you have all your luggage with you for this port stop.

Souvenir gathering??? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don’t have an answer but I have seen people leave early because of rocky seas caused by a distant hurricane in the Atlantic. They got off with all their luggage in a foreign port and told us they were flying home.  (Tbh it was not even that rocky, I would have called it moderate at most.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I got off my last cruise last week with luggage, gifts for my friends in Aruba.

17 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Thinking of taking a cruise and getting off at the port of Aruba, staying a few days and flying back.  I know people will say its impossible but I called Aruba Customs and they said its fine, as long as I fill out online the customs card that I am arriving by sea and flying back to the states on air.  

With respect, Aruba customs is not the people to ask about this.  It's the cruise line.  Ask the cruise line if you can do this and then come back and tell us what they say.  We would all love to know. 😏

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

And there were no questions asked?

6 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

It really doesn't matter, because Aruba is a distant foreign port, so you could leave the ship in a different US port.

FYI to all,

The OP's two threads regarding the same topic have been merged. Per the Cruise Critic software, all posts now appear in post date/time order on this thread. If anyone reading this thread was not aware there were two threads, please read back through the whole thread to make sure you have seen ALL of the posts so far. 

Happy sails to all,

Host Kat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

So you already know the answer if you already did this last week. Which I suspect isnt the case, but assuming it is why ask again? You clearly already know the answer and claim you already "know" PVSA rules than anyone else and have posted twice about this now.

What more do you want answers to?

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 1