Permanent change to lounge access?

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

Our 11 day sailing on Anthem on Jan 7th to Southern Carribean was pretty expensive. And it featured 120 Pinnacles. Number is just rising and rising.  🙂 

Depends on when you booked.  Mine was cheap.

• Like 1

Just now, Merion_Mom said:

Depends on when you booked.  Mine was cheap.

It became pretty expensive very soon after we booked. And there were still lots of rooms available.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BND said:

As for when to sail with less pinnacles, our experience is a shorter cruise and for us, in particular 5 night to Bermuda from Baltimore accomplishes that.  Our last 5 night Bermuda cruise in 2022 on EN, as D+ with 400 something points, we were #3 for points onboard and were recognized at the Top Tier.  There were literally 2 Pinns onboard and we were next in line lol.  

Ah, 2022.  A lifetime ago.  😄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Ah, 2022.  A lifetime ago.  😄

5 night Bermuda cruises have always had fewer top tier.   So, any D wants access to HH in the Crown Lounge, here's their opportunity to pretty much guarantee it.

Would you kindly tell me where in the app it addresses Diamond access to Crown Lounge?  We leave on Symphony on 2/24 and are wondering if we will have restricted access. Just trying to manage expectations!

1 minute ago, tanderine said:

Would you kindly tell me where in the app it addresses Diamond access to Crown Lounge?  We leave on Symphony on 2/24 and are wondering if we will have restricted access. Just trying to manage expectations!

I think it is not in app, but in doc which is placed in the room. It is not known prior .

Just now, tanderine said:

I found the Nnedto Knowse Timon on the app but there is nothing about Crown and Anchor limited access for Diamonds.  Does this mean we will have access from 5-8?🤞

If it doesn’t say you are limited you can assume you have access. 

7 minutes ago, tanderine said:

5 minutes ago, Tatka said:

I think it is not in app, but in doc which is placed in the room. It is not known prior .

It is in the app. 

IMG_1698.thumb.jpeg.286852d2fa9feb66b7935861e5e33ddc.jpeg

click here and scroll down until you get to here. 

IMG_1697.thumb.png.92470de7ee1925df081928e5e2089450.png

if you don’t have access it will be listed under we value you loyalty. On this up coming cruise it appears I have access. 👍🏻

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BND said:

5 night Bermuda cruises have always had fewer top tier.   So, any D wants access to HH in the Crown Lounge, here's their opportunity to pretty much guarantee it.

In general, Vision class ships sail with lower numbers of top tier cruisers than the other classes.

Interesting... My exclusive benefits just show regular list of benefits available on RCI page.

It could be just like with menus... information related to current sailing, not my future.

Edited by Tatka

22 minutes ago, tanderine said:

When you pull up the app, scroll down, right above the buttons it says something like welcome aboard. Click on that it is a link to information about your cruise. It is on the app. Right above all the buttons. 

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

Then I'd expect you have full access to the CL.

I am not sure. If I open menus for my sailing it shows menus for current one (we have 12 dayer, current one is 7 days .. so app has 7 days with 7th being Bon Voyage), so this could be similar.

Edited by Tatka

22 minutes ago, Tatka said:

That's where it is, on the app.... treeskier gave you a picture of where to find it. 

Treeskier picture is correct. 

Just now, firefly333 said:

That's where it is, on the app.... treeskier gave you a picture of where to find it. 

Treeskier picture is correct. 

It is in the app, but it is not clear if it is related to current sailing or your future. I guess it can be double checked on board

2 hours ago, Tatka said:

Honestly with removing unlimited drinks in Diamond lounge they already reduced a number of people who go there during HH.

For us it is also a location. I like lounges with windows or adjacent to Viking Crown lounges or at least places with windows like on Quantum class.

I find that I do not go into DL (now Crown lounge) on Oasis class as it is just in bad location.

Except on Allure, which has the best lounge in the fleet IMHO.   Great view, relatively spacious

• Like 3

1 hour ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

You can't get a higher tier than Diamond, so it was just a ton of top tier travelers.  It's all getting pointless.

I like your post but maybe the problem is that "It's all getting point-full."

I think it is human nature to try and get as much as possible for your purchases. Every little bit helps but now everyone is competing in larger numbers. The situations are becoming "Catch-22".

19 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

In general, Vision class ships sail with lower numbers of top tier cruisers than the other classes.

Because they cruise with less passengers overall.  We've been on Vision class 15 or so times and we've seen higher numbers (25+) on longer cruises.  The 12 night always have more top tier than others.   Heck, we were on Jewel (not much bigger) in Oct/Nov for the 10 night NB and 10 night SB Bayonne to Quebec City and there were well in excess of 50 Pinns each direction.  

12 minutes ago, 3yorkies said:

Except on Allure, which has the best lounge in the fleet IMHO.   Great view, relatively spacious

Not for long.  She's going in for her amp up finally and that will change, just like all Oasis class ships.  We did enjoy that lounge.

1 hour ago, BND said:

As for when to sail with less pinnacles, our experience is a shorter cruise and for us, in particular 5 night to Bermuda from Baltimore accomplishes that.  Our last 5 night Bermuda cruise in 2022 on EN, as D+ with 400 something points, we were #3 for points onboard and were recognized at the Top Tier.  There were literally 2 Pinns onboard and we were next in line lol.  

I agree with you about there being fewer Pinnacles on shorter cruises. I live in Florida and did a lot of 3 day weekend cruises on Navigator, Mariner, Independence and Freedom prior to retiring. Since retiring over a year ago I have done several 4 day cruises on Independence and Freedom. You don’t see many Pinnacles on these cruises, although hard to know for certain the exact number since the short cruises usually don’t have a top tier event. I am really curious to see if more Pinnacles will be on Utopia, which is only doing short cruises. I feel bad for Utopia, Icon is getting all the love, at least down here in Florida. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

I like your post but maybe the problem is that "It's all getting point-full."

I think it is human nature to try and get as much as possible for your purchases. Every little bit helps but now everyone is competing in larger numbers. The situations are becoming "Catch-22".

Yes... I hope though people sail not only because of benefits.

We sailed with 8 lines multiple times before we became Diamonds with Royal, but around this time we started sailing more and more with Royal and then we switched almost exclusively to sailing with Royal.

Did we become more loyal? Could be... But it is more because of convenience of sailing with Royal from Northeast. They provide us with 5 quality cruises for various seasons and itineraries.

If we are stripped from all our Diamond + benefits we will still cruise mostly with Royal.

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, doghog said:

We aren't Diamonds

You'll find this on the Crown&Anchor list of benefits. Once you reach Diamond, these are the benefits Royal currently offers to you:

"Royal Caribbean reserves the right to modify the Crown & Anchor® Society, Club Royale®, and MyCruise® Rewards programs along with their terms and conditions, at any time and without notice"

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

Also take specific note of #14:

"14_  ......  Royal Caribbean may limit or remove access to the Crown Lounge as needed to accommodate special sailings including, but not limited to: Charters, Crossings, Repositionings, Inaugurals, Trade Events, and President’s Cruises."

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

Why would you voice your opinion about company rules?

It is not LA who decides to allow or not D to Crown lounge. It is a RCI decision.

Name is changed from Diamond Lounge to Crown Lounge for a reason. It is kind of difficult to explain why  Diamonds are not allowed into Diamond lounge.

After this it is regulated based on number of people of certain statuses on every sailing.

Royal adjusted rules and rather than having Happy Hours with unlimited drinks in lounge all Diamonds get 4 drinks in any bar throughout a day, Diamonds Plus get 5 and Pinnacles get 6. So the only thing that Diamonds are losing is access to this lounge and snacks. If all D, D+ and Pinnacles are allowed it will be suprecrowded and it will be difficult to change anything after the fact. So RCI made a decision to limit access during this time if there are many guests of certain statuses.  

Confrontation will happen if all people are allowed and there are too many of them and LA will need to start barring people from entrance. This is why rules are announced in the beginning of each cruise. If number of D,D+,P is low then Ds are allowed to CL on that week. Otherwise they are not. And it is only between 5:00 and 8:00 PM.

You can complain, but it is a rule

Because I have every right to voice my opinion. Why do you feel you have to make so many assumptions! Absolutely has nothing to do with rules.Again I'm very well aware of all the CAS perks/benefits. You are preaching to the choir. The LA is the belly button for all CAS issues, concerns, positive and negative.