Included Drinks

Robb

Been a while since we have sailed with Oceania.  What drinks are included?  I think I saw where wine was included with lunch and dinner.  Is that correct?

Thanks so much, guys.

"

As part of the Oceania Cruises simply More program, the House Select beverage package provides three dozen premium label champagnes and wines, plus two dozen beer selections from around the world, all to be enjoyed during lunch and dinner at all onboard restaurants.Nov 12, 2023

• Like 1

And please understand that ‘premium’ is always subjective. Just wanted to get this out there before all the self proclaimed wine experts chime in. We have not had an issue finding something to our liking.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Don't forget Oceania allows you to bring wine/beer (spirits?) on to the ship for consumption in your own cabin only. Based on several other posts it appears numerous cruisers pick up an interesting bottle or two in various ports which allows them sample some nice wines not on the O list !

• Like 1

For those cruises booked under Simply More, you can get wine and beer at lunch and dinner in their restaurants. You only can only get what they have and offer. BUT... You can bring all the alcohol you want on board at embarkation and in ports, including beer, hard liquor and wine. Drink the beer & hard liquor in your cabin. Pay a corkage fee to drink your wine in their restaurants. Or pay to upgrade to their drinks package (to drink from what they have and offer from it).

• Thanks 1

On my recent O cruise I was delighted to realize that wine and beer are also included when you order lunch or dinner from room service. I had a couple of excursions return at late lunch time. The GDR wasn’t open and Terrace was slammed. I just decided to get room service and was able to order a glass of wine to go with. 

Some lines with beverage packages don’t allow this. I thought it a nice touch.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

And please understand that ‘premium’ is always subjective. Just wanted to get this out there before all the self proclaimed wine experts chime in. We have not had an issue finding something to our liking.  

On our recent Vista cruise, we felt that the by-the-glass wine selection during lunch and dinner was very good. Among the whites: a very nice Spanish Albarino and a reasonable white Burgundy (Chardonnay), also an Italian Pinot Grigio. There were some domestics as well and a Reisling that we did not try.

Among the reds: An off-the-menu Bordeaux Superiore (Chateau de Parenchere) which was delicious, a nice Burgundy (Pinot Noir) beautiful cherry-red color and fruity taste, a most popular Wente Cabernet (we found that flat and too sweet), and a nice Cote de Rhone, among others.

Maybe best of all was a delicious dessert Sauterne - Chateau des Ormes - a perfect coda to a great meal! All of these wines are presented professionally by a dedicated wine steward and served in proper stemware.

So, maybe not, as EJL2023 stated, "premium" wines, but a well-curated let's say "value" selection.

As for cocktails, there are two Happy Hours (2 for 1) at 5-6 and 10:30-11:30 pm. Complimentary open bar at the Captain's Party also. 

Also as noted, bring whatever you want on board for cabin consumption.

Above all, enjoy your cruise!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Is there sometimes an alcoholic Ginger Beer available on O ?

If so, I wonder if that would be included in SM.

I guess I'll find out onboard. 

The ginger beer has been the no-alcohol version in my experience. Also beware of the cider - Angry Orchard is the sweet kind with added sugar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, loge23 said:

Almost forgot! Also available is a Champagne Montaudon and Prosecco!

Montoudon is also the included wine on Seabourn  We find it quite drinkable.

13 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

I have used the 'deal' yet but having looked at the menu I know that we won't either.

19 hours ago, loge23 said:

Almost forgot! Also available is a Champagne Montaudon and Prosecco!

Which ship are you either currently on or have recently departed that was serving Montaudon as the Champagne selection? To my experience it hasn’t been served since perhaps pre Covid when O brought back the horrendously poor German. The current champagne is fine( Heidseck blue top) but it’s not Mountadon. Has Oceania recently changed champagne?

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Which ship are you either currently on or have recently departed that was serving Montaudon as the Champagne selection? To my experience it hasn’t been served since perhaps pre Covid when O brought back the horrendously poor German. The current champagne is fine( Heidseck blue top) but it’s not Mountadon. Has Oceania recently changed champagne?

Correct, we had the Monopole on the Regatta in July, but last week on the Vista it was all Montaudon. Fortunately, we brought two Veuve Clicquots aboard for my big b-day!

On 2/17/2024 at 9:31 AM, pinotlover said:

On Marina Heidseck blue top was in my cabin six days ago.  Now it's in the refrigerator in my cabin.

• Like 1