dining reservations

Bstein493

We are sailing on the Beyond over Christmas and New years.  In the past we have never had problems making dinner reservations fairly  far in advance.  We are beiing told that for this sailing, the reservations for speicalty and any time seating won't be available until 90 days before we leave.  This seems like it will be a mess consideriing the ship is full and it is over the holidays.  Anyone else having this issue?

1 hour ago, rcrabb1513 said:

If I am not mistaken, you should able to make reservations for all dining venues that take them at any one of them when on board.

On our cruise on Beyond, there were no reservations for the MDRs.  Everything was Anytime Dining.

6 hours ago, Mr. Click said:

We were able to make reservations by going to each dining room once we were on board. WIth 4 different dining rooms and interchangeable menus it was never a problem.  

This is true, but I assume the OP is looking to make reservations in advance as it is a big holiday sailing and would like to lock them in.

23 minutes ago, Liao said:

This is true, but I assume the OP is looking to make reservations in advance as it is a big holiday sailing and would like to lock them in.

I realize that but on our Beyond sailing last month you could not make them in advance, only on the ship.  Our sailing was pretty full too and we had no trouble eating when we wanted.  

You can book specialty dining in advance but not My Time.

22 hours ago, keesar said:

On our cruise on Beyond, there were no reservations for the MDRs.  Everything was Anytime Dining.

For our august 2024 sailing on Eclpse we were able to make reservations for Anytime Dining in the MDR.  

3 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Eclipse is s class.  Beyond is e class.  They operate differently.

From a consumer experience point of view that is not good.  If one books 2 Celebrity cruises on different classes of ships we could make Anytime dinner reservations before boarding on one of them yet could not on a different ship?  That is enough to end my relationship with Celebrity.

2 hours ago, rcrabb1513 said:

From a consumer experience point of view that is not good.  If one books 2 Celebrity cruises on different classes of ships we could make Anytime dinner reservations before boarding on one of them yet could not on a different ship?  That is enough to end my relationship with Celebrity.

Okay. 🤷 But the E-class ships have an entirely different dining room setup, with 4 MDRs. I've been on Apex twice and never had to wait for a table. Reservations aren't necessary, which will mean I continue my relationship with Celebrity. I don't want to plan what time I am going to eat 9 months in advance.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

Okay. 🤷 But the E-class ships have an entirely different dining room setup, with 4 MDRs. I've been on Apex twice and never had to wait for a table. Reservations aren't necessary, which will mean I continue my relationship with Celebrity. I don't want to plan what time I am going to eat 9 months in advance.

I didn't make my point clear.  The consumer should be afforded a consistent view of services, in this case from ship to ship.  I have made reservations for dining times but we we arrived at the restaurant there were plenty of open tables.  No harm in still being able to make the reservation, needed or not. It would also help dining managers allocate staff as needed.  At the very least Celebrity could let the consumer know a reservation for Anytime Dining is not needed for that particular booking instead of not offering the method to make one. 

14 hours ago, rcrabb1513 said:

I didn't make my point clear.  The consumer should be afforded a consistent view of services, in this case from ship to ship.  I have made reservations for dining times but we we arrived at the restaurant there were plenty of open tables.  No harm in still being able to make the reservation, needed or not. It would also help dining managers allocate staff as needed.  At the very least Celebrity could let the consumer know a reservation for Anytime Dining is not needed for that particular booking instead of not offering the method to make one. 

Was always clear to me.  Obviously a ship with 4 MDR locations is completely different than a ship with only one.

Try Princess where twice we made reservations only to find out they were all canceled as they had anytime dining.

Are you serious that services on every ship should be the same?  How as some have 1900 passengers and others more than twice that number. 

11 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Was always clear to me.  Obviously a ship with 4 MDR locations is completely different than a ship with only one.

Try Princess where twice we made reservations only to find out they were all canceled as they had anytime dining.

Are you serious that services on every ship should be the same?  How as some have 1900 passengers and others more than twice that number. 

I feel I beating a dead horse.  I'm done.

13 hours ago, zestyzorra said:

Isn't that what Anytime Dining means? 

We have waited 20 or more minutes for a table with Anytime Time dining.  On one cruise they were offering 2 for one pricing at Tuscan grill to reduce the line length at the MDR.

I've said my piece, Thank you all for your thoughts.

I just booked the Apex for 2025 last week any time dining. I received an email to book my dining. When I went to the website and looked at anytime dining more info it said I must prebook the dining. Not sure when I want to eat this far put but guess I can book and change times or just show up and expect I may need to wait.