Back to the Celebrity we loved

SM Cruiser

Today we finished our cruise on the Reflection, we were a bit concerned about this sailing after taking our last B2B Infinity in Greece last September, this is when the new CEO introduced major menu changes in the main dining room which led to us eating at the buffet almost every night, in addition you could tell that the staff weren’t as happy as what they usually are. We didn’t know what to expect on this sailing. 

I’m so happy to report that everything was excellent, food was back to what we had in the past, pre new CEO,  and tasted excellent. Prime Rib, Lobster, Beef Wellington etc. Staff were amazing and the whole experience was top notch 😁

Wish we were doing a B2B on this sailing   ! Did not want to get off. 

Edited by SM Cruiser
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 4

• SM Cruiser changed the title to Back to the Celebrity we loved

Glad your experience was great.  We were on the Beyond last month, our second post COVID cruise and were disappointed in the food.  Most of it was very very very salty.  A few nights things were good but most nights, not so much.  We found things much better on our first cruise back on the Summit last July.  Maybe it was just us but we found it lacking and are hoping things are better when we go to Iceland this summer.

25 minutes ago, Dawnya00 said:

Thanks for sharing! I’m new to X and will be on Reflection in 2 months! Sooo happy to hear happy cruisers! 

I’ve sailed many cruise lines and approx 40 cruises, I  keep booking with Celebrity , you’ll have a wonderful time, the staff can’t do enough for you 😁

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SM Cruiser said:

Today we finished our cruise on the Reflection, we were a bit concerned about this sailing after taking our last B2B Infinity in Greece last September, this is when the new CEO introduced major menu changes in the main dining room which led to us eating at the buffet almost every night, in addition you could tell that the staff weren’t as happy as what they usually are. We didn’t know what to expect on this sailing. 

I’m so happy to report that everything was excellent, food was back to what we had in the past, pre new CEO,  and tasted excellent. Prime Rib, Lobster, Beef Wellington etc. Staff were amazing and the whole experience was top notch 😁

Wish we were doing a B2B on this sailing   ! Did not want to get off. 

That’s great to hear, we were the opposite to you were on Reflection b2b in September and ate in the buffet most nights because food in MDR was poor.

on Infinity in two weeks again a b2b hopefully the food as improved on all the ships.

We were on Reflection the week before and thought the food and service in the MDR was poor . Our beef Wellington had uncooked pastry ! The staff were lovely but overworked . On a couple of nights we couldn’t get a second glass of wine as the somelier had so many tables to serve 

Thankyou. We've had several cruises on Celebrity then switched to Viking for a couple. Next one is back to Celebrity in July and was hearing of all the poor reports and was wondering if we'd made a mistake in returning. 

1 hour ago, Pushka said:

Thankyou. We've had several cruises on Celebrity then switched to Viking for a couple. Next one is back to Celebrity in July and was hearing of all the poor reports and was wondering if we'd made a mistake in returning. 

People like to complain as much or more than be complimentary.

Especially about Food.

Let your Own experience with Celebrity be approached with an open mind.

• Thanks 1

I did my fair share of complaining about the food after our September cruise, so I don’t have blinders on when it comes to complaining about Celebrity, however I feel they have done a 360 since September, so credit where credit is due. 😁

• Like 2