RCCL announces new addition coming.

The Royal Caribbean Group announced that it has entered into an agreement with the French shipbuilder Chantiers de l’Atlantique to build the new ship. The French shipbuilder is to build the seventh Oasis Class ship for the Royal Caribbean International fleet in 2028.

“While we eagerly anticipate the debut of Royal Caribbean’s Utopia of the Seas this summer, we’re already dreaming up her sister ship and the next installation in the brand’s extremely popular Oasis Class,” said Jason Liberty, president and CEO of Royal Caribbean Group.

16 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm still hoping they build a new smaller ship.

Me too.  Not happy with all of these mega theme park ships, that just keep getting bigger.   If I want Disney World...I will go there.  😉 

And unfortunately RCI seems to be running the sweet little ships that are still left in the fleet ....into the ground to pay for the big ladies.  Even Serenade had so many things broken on the ship, it was a total shame.  IMHO....That ship should have been sent to major dry dock before the WC.  But RCI does not want to put any money into the little ladies.  😞 

• Like 14

Oasis class is my favorite , yay !

Dont like any ship without a promenade .

I hope they drop cruise fares on the older Oasis class as they introduce the newer ships .

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, loman said:

I hope they drop cruise fares on the older Oasis class as they introduce the newer ships .

I like Oasis, but I wish they had a real outside promenade. This was a key part of any cruise ship. 

• Like 12

22 minutes ago, Tatka said:

I like Oasis, but I wish they had a real outside promenade. This was a key part of any cruise ship. 

The Icon has some interesting improvements to the Indoor Promenade . 

Double decker promenade and the large window enhances it .

My hope is that RC might incorporate those two features in future plans .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, loman said:

Whether prices drop on older Oasis ships will ultimately be determined by the demand for these ships. When Icon bookings were first available, prices were very reasonable. Prices went thru the roof because of the demand to cruise on Icon. For people complaining about the high prices for RCI cruises they days, the blame is ultimately with passengers, not RCI. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, loman said:

The Icon has some interesting improvements to the Indoor Promenade . 

Double decker promenade and the large window enhances it .

My hope is that RC might incorporate those two features in future plans .

I liked that you could see water/outside the ship at numerous locations on the promenade on Icon. It didn’t impact me one way or another, but it definitely felt like you were at a mall when walking around the promenade on Icon. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George C said:

I am also a big fan of oasis class , great entertainment, restaurants options etc

What I especially like about oasis class, so many balconies that booking one is downright reasonable. Those smaller ship balconys cost more than oasis class.

A few of us who did harmony and sat together for dinner decided to book around may. Mariner comes in may 5 and is doing a 7 day. Harmony is also doing a 7 day. One guy finally said harmony has cheaper balconys. My other friend booked mariner with me, and he paid about $200 extra for a balcony on mariner. Over 2k. Harmony would have been a little cheaper. It is Mariners maiden voyage out of Galveston but still ... it's a older ship. 

A ship with more balconys equals a better balcony price. 

Now a JS or suite is cheaper on older ships, but not balconys. Also fewer perks on older ships. 

21 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Whether prices drop on older Oasis ships will ultimately be determined by the demand for these ships. When Icon bookings were first available, prices were very reasonable. Prices went thru the roof because of the demand to cruise on Icon. For people complaining about the high prices for RCI cruises they days, the blame is ultimately with passengers, not RCI. 

correct. I put off booking on Icon, and am happy I paid less than $3800 to book on it.  Would've paid less, but I waited too long

Edited by UPNYGuy

23 hours ago, loman said:

I think my favorite features of Oasis class are:

Dedicated walking/jogging track - no chairs to dodge!

Vitality cafe - love the smoothies

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LEMJMcC said:

I think my favorite features of Oasis class are:

Dedicated walking/jogging track - no chairs to dodge!

Vitality cafe - love the smoothies

Track is covered so the sun doesnt roast you.

And they will allow a diamond drink voucher to purchase a smoothie too 🙂

• Like 1

On 2/18/2024 at 8:47 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm still hoping they build a new smaller ship.

Same here, and at this point I'm pretty flexible on their definition of "small". I'd be happy with some new design in the same size range as the Voyager class. Under 100K gross tonnage would be even better. 

Edited by DarthGrady
  • Like 2

On 2/18/2024 at 8:30 AM, JJK2008 said:

“While we eagerly anticipate the debut of Royal Caribbean’s Utopia of the Seas this summer, we’re already dreaming up her sister ship and the next installation in the brand’s extremely popular Oasis Class,” said Jason Liberty, president and CEO of Royal Caribbean Group.

He went on to say (under his breath) "... and we are dreaming of the biggest prices the industry has ever seen."

• Haha 9

I know I will get slammed for this but (with the exception that we loved every minute spent cruising with adult Children and Grandchilren) our late June 2023 sailing on the Oasis was the worst cruising experienc of all 26 RCI crusies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

I know I will get slammed for this but (with the exception that we loved every minute spent cruising with adult Children and Grandchilren) our late June 2023 sailing on the Oasis was the worst cruising experienc of all 26 RCI crusies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Why would anyone slam you , you like what you like , and thats ok .

Many like Serenade , but not me , i will never book another cruise on that class.

I'm curious why they elected to build another Oasis-class ship after rolling out Icon? I love the Oasis-class personally, but it was an interesting decision, I think. Wasn't Utopia promoted as the last ship in the class?

Nothing wrong with it, it just seems a bit odd after marketing Icon as bigger and better. On the plus side, Boardwalk fans should be happy.

9 hours ago, ChrisCJR said:

I'm curious why they elected to build another Oasis-class ship after rolling out Icon? I love the Oasis-class personally, but it was an interesting decision, I think. Wasn't Utopia promoted as the last ship in the class?

Nothing wrong with it, it just seems a bit odd after marketing Icon as bigger and better. On the plus side, Boardwalk fans should be happy.

Icon class will have 3 ships in the span of 3-4 years. Oasis class took 7 years to get 3 ships.  Smarter to take time to see what works and what does not. 

Cost of Icon class build is roughly 50% more than Oasis Class.  

Does seem less likely they are going to allocate much money outside of Oasis class or larger.

• Like 1