All Dining "sold out"

Yesterday, all of the dining venues, one by one started showing as "Sold out" on cruise planner. It is the same for lunches and dinners.  My cruise is still 10 months out. I am on WOS.  Maybe they are getting ready to start new dining reservation process?  Has anyone else experienced this?

6 minutes ago, Island Beachdog said:

Yesterday, all of the dining venues, one by one started showing as "Sold out" on cruise planner. It is the same for lunches and dinners.  My cruise is still 10 months out. I am on WOS.  Maybe they are getting ready to start new dining reservation process?  Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for posting this.  The same thing happened to me also on the Wonder for Sept and Oct.  There were a couple of restaurants that DID have availability but most had the banner sold out.  Weird

• Like 1

I just checked my bookings and on my 5-5-24 Wonder booking almost all of the restaurant options are showing "Sold Out".  Luckily I have already made all of my CP purchases for that cruise.  Obviously there is something going on with the system.  I do not believe that the venues are sold out.  Probably just an IT update...or they are in the process of increasing prices, which sounds about right.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Thanks for posting this.  The same thing happened to me also on the Wonder for Sept and Oct.  There were a couple of restaurants that DID have availability but most had the banner sold out.  Weird

Just noticed the same thing for my upcoming Wonders.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

It seems to be just the Wonder  I can book on the Allure Utopia and Voyager

Maybe they're about to implement the booking UDP in advance? Wonder was supposed to be the guinea pig ship for that.

• Like 3

I have been told repeatedly on board by the dining staff that only about 40-50% of available specialty dining slots are pre-sold.  They hold back the remainder on purpose.  When you board the cruise on any RCCL ship there will be availability if you go to any dining venue or restaurant right away when you board.  Make your reservations then for any restaurant.   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I have been told repeatedly on board by the dining staff that only about 40-50% of available specialty dining slots are pre-sold.  They hold back the remainder on purpose.  When you board the cruise on any RCCL ship there will be availability if you go to any dining venue or restaurant right away when you board.  Make your reservations then for any restaurant.   

Not sure what this has to do with the discussion of Wonder dining suddenly appearing sold out for multiple cruises. People with Wonder cruises booked for the next 8 months didn’t coincidentally book a ton of dinners in the past 24 hours. It’s clearly something unique going on.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Maybe they should rename the ship to Weightloss of the Seas. If you can't eat, you'll surely be able to finally lose some weight on a cruise.

Alternate: "NutraSea Diet System", Where seaweed and plankton meet fine dining,

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

I'm in!  Could use a weight loss cruise!  LOL

I'm out! If I ever lose weight on a cruise it means I need to seek medical attention!

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Haha 4

I tried all last week to make Wonder specialty dining reservations for my late April sailing and almost all venues showed sold out or error when trying to select what appeared to be an available time slot. I even called Royal to try to make some res and they said no availability for anything I was interested in. I asked if res were held back for passengers to make res onboard and she said no, which I know has got to be wrong. I've just resolved to having to rush to a dining room to try to make res right after boarding the ship.

31 minutes ago, RumRunner01 said:

I tried all last week to make Wonder specialty dining reservations for my late April sailing and almost all venues showed sold out or error when trying to select what appeared to be an available time slot. I even called Royal to try to make some res and they said no availability for anything I was interested in. I asked if res were held back for passengers to make res onboard and she said no, which I know has got to be wrong. I've just resolved to having to rush to a dining room to try to make res right after boarding the ship.

Wow! You were not able to even do a few specialty dining reservations of any type before boarding?

They used to say "We will do first day reservations for you (as a courtesy) and you can do the rest when on board."

Do you think this is another way of reducing cruisers who try to use the unlimited dining package for every lunch and dinner onboard?  If so, I almost thinks this smells like a switch-n-bait sales trick.

Offer unlimited dining for a certain price but limit the dining opportunities which means each cruiser does not get an unlimited opportunity to enjoy unlimited dining options.

There should be no "limits" on an "unlimited" plan (Unless you are on a future Royal Cruise).

Seems a bit devious to me.

🤔😉

1 hour ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Wow! You were not able to even do a few specialty dining reservations of any type before boarding?

They used to say "We will do first day reservations for you (as a courtesy) and you can do the rest when on board."

Do you think this is another way of reducing cruisers who try to use the unlimited dining package for every lunch and dinner onboard?  If so, I almost thinks this smells like a switch-n-bait sales trick.

Offer unlimited dining for a certain price but limit the dining opportunities which means each cruiser does not get an unlimited opportunity to enjoy unlimited dining options.

There should be no "limits" on an "unlimited" plan (Unless you are on a future Royal Cruise).

Seems a bit devious to me.

🤔😉

I was wondering the same thing. I don't have UDP, I was booking a couple individual restaurants. I was able to book Mason Jar for brunch on the last sea day but none of my other options, even our back ups were available. There were a few spots for things like Chef's Table and Hooked open, and Izumu for lunch the same day we are doing Mason but we didn't want any of those. Otherwise, everything "booked" as far as online says. 

20 minutes ago, RumRunner01 said:

I was wondering the same thing. I don't have UDP, I was booking a couple individual restaurants. I was able to book Mason Jar for brunch on the last sea day but none of my other options, even our back ups were available. There were a few spots for things like Chef's Table and Hooked open, and Izumu for lunch the same day we are doing Mason but we didn't want any of those. Otherwise, everything "booked" as far as online says. 

Ok, since you do not have UDP, my whole conspiracy post was a complete failure 🙃  This is a good thing. I like when conspiracy theories are proven wrong. No conspiracy at all, just my imagination running completely out of control.

Very interesting to say the least. Maybe Royal is steering customers to less used venues?

Do you think the demand is so high that the venues are not available?

You may not know until you get onboard and try an in person reservation.

Since my almost conspiracy theory was sunk like a rock thrown into the ocean, lots of other theories ready to be floated....

🤯

FWIW, nearly everything is back to normal and NOT "sold out" for my next couple Wonder cruises as of this morning. A couple restaurants are missing but everything else is showing availability.

I'll stick with my original guess that it was something IT-related and is now being cleared up.

• Like 4