Our luggage tags were issued -- then we bought Premium Access - New tags were not reissued

Mustsea

One of the perks of Premium Access is expedited luggage delivery to your stateroom. Our luggage tags were assigned and ready to be printed; then we purchased Premium Access. I was expecting the tags to automatically change and reflect the new status. Didn't happen. I called Celebrity and was told the tags were already issued. Will I be able to receive the express luggage tags at the pier - Port Everglades. After all, this is one of the perks we paid for. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Mustsea said:

One of the perks of Premium Access is expedited luggage delivery to your stateroom. Our luggage tags were assigned and ready to be printed; then we purchased Premium Access. I was expecting the tags to automatically change and reflect the new status. Didn't happen. I called Celebrity and was told the tags were already issued. Will I be able to receive the express luggage tags at the pier - Port Everglades. After all, this is one of the perks we paid for. Thanks!

Not likely.

Just give the porter your bags and have them tagged.  Luggage carts are loaded first come first served.  Thinking probably not worth the hassles if trying to get them redone.

Less stress to carry on things you might need and drop off at your cabin.

Thanks AZ Wildcat, and come to think of it, the porters have a manifest and hopefully our names will reflect the express designation. Early delivery is important because it takes me forever to hang and put away everything I cram in my 30" luggage - and I always end up having to request a bunch of extra hangers!!

• Haha 1

That was one of the perks that I am curious about.  Honestly I usually board around 1 most of time and luggage has always been to room by 4 or so the latest.  Not a major thing at all overall.  I have my carry on and everything I need for 2-3 days in it so not a major need in premium access pass.  Could see value for some who want the special seating for shows and or do use a lot of room service. Value wise I don’t see it a need for myself.  

This is one perk I don’t understand how they would actually implement…they sort the luggage by deck and section once on board..it all arrives about the same time..I’m usually out and about enjoying the ship.  Maybe just the thought you may get luggage a few minutes earlier is enough to make the sale. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

My personal opinion is that priority baggage service is again just advertising.    We only travel Suites and even when dropped off at the Suites Only area I can't say I notice any quicker than when I just drop it with the first porter I see.

• Like 2

We have had our luggage by 3 on all our cruises since the restart.  We are usually on board by 1. 

The interesting thing with pass is that it includes  priority to enter the terminal but not boarding.  Info suggests that those purchasing the package should check in when it opens in order to get an early arrival slot so that they can enjoy the MDRvlunch that is a part of the package.  

I'm trying to understand how priority baggage service would even work. I'll have to look, but I don't think it's part of the Retreat. And having had priority baggage for years on airlines, good luck with that...

42 minutes ago, markeb said:

I'm trying to understand how priority baggage service would even work. I'll have to look, but I don't think it's part of the Retreat. And having had priority baggage for years on airlines, good luck with that...

Easy, your baggage gets priority over every bag that was loaded after yours.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have this exact same issue. How do the porters know that I am entitled to the so called “priority luggage delivery?”  I started my quest for an answer by calling Celebrity. I was rather abruptly told by the “gentleman” on the other end of the phone that all questions about this should be directed to my TA. So I emailed her and explained the issue. She responded by saying that she has forwarded my question to her travel agency’s guest relations department and they would get back to me.

In the meantime, I needed to talk to Celebrity about an issue having to do with my CC points and spoke with someone who was helpful. The nice, friendly woman listened to my question and said she would transfer me to the department who handled this issue. I spoke with another polite, humorous woman, who listened to my question (w/o interrupting me) and told me the following:

This is a very new program and, as of now, if  Premium Access is booked AFTER completing on line check in, the luggage tags and Express Pass do not update. She took all my info and confirmed that it is on my reservation  and will be reflected on my SeaPass card. For the luggage checkin, I was advised to have a copy of the Premium Access program paid order available to show the luggage porters so they can handle appropriately (we will see how that works!!)

Later yesterday,I received an email from Guest Relations at the travel agency. Basically they said the same thing, which was to have proof of the Premium Access purchase available for the porters. They also confirmed that my record shows the purchase and that it will appear on my Seapass card.

As I said, we will see. I am not overly optimistic. Others mileage may vary!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

Easy, your baggage gets priority over every bag that was loaded after yours.  

😀

Do you work for United? I’ve watched dozens of bags come off the belt before the first orange “Priority” bag came off. No real confidence in any cruise line being better. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, markeb said:

😀

Do you work for United? I’ve watched dozens of bags come off the belt before the first orange “Priority” bag came off. No real confidence in any cruise line being better. 

I think it's kind of gimmicky.  Can't call it an outright money grab, because if not in a suite, it has some good benes.  Bags are always in the room by 3 anyway.

1 hour ago, markeb said:

😀

Actually, that was said somewhat tongue in cheek. If you read it, I actually said there was no priority, just first loaded, first offloaded.

Although, I will say that it seems my priority bags on airlines most always  come out while most people are still waiting, so I think it is some advantage, even if not as much as we might hope for.

Edited by Mark_K

I’m sure the porters at the port will be happy to stop loading bags on carts to read the description of the benefits of the pass and find that priority luggage cart for your bags.  😉

I'm also sure that the porters will not know anything about "premium access", as this has been already discussed in another similar thread. They are not even employed by the cruise line.  Packaging up perks that everyone is supposed to think that they need is called marketing. Cruise lines are gearing up to find ways to increase the amount spent in addition to the base fares.