Vista - Thin Walls Reported on Celebrity Forum

On 2/25/2024 at 1:00 PM, islabahia said:

After a terrible experience in a Celebrity Suite on Summit last march we cancelled our 12/23 cruise on Reflection.  We left a very small deposit on the table.  X provided compensation in the form FCC’s of a significant amount.  We have moved on to Oceania (2 cruises booked) which was a non-brainer.  Our PH on Oceania (10 days) cost less than an 8 day on Reflection and included free wifi, shoreex credit and OBC.

We just did Oceania's newest ship (for 11 nights in Concierge level) the Vista and immediately transferred  from Miami to Port Everglades for a week in a Sky Suite on the Ascent. We enjoyed both. Nice that butlers have returned to Sky Suites on Celebrity...they are correcting the mistake of removing them. Luminae, even with its limited menu, was better than Oceania's Grand Dining Room, although Oceania's specialty restaurants with no surcharge meet or exceed Celebrity's in quality. Of course Oceania's Terrace Cafe (their version of a buffet) is outstanding. Entertainment pretty good on both ships. Sadly, will not sail on Oceania's new Vista again due to extremely thin walls. I could only sleep when my neighbor's TV was off, and he was cooperative, keeping his volume very low. Such a contrast to much more solidly built Ascent where noise from neighbors or even hallway noise was not a problem at all. We have done 15 cruises on Celebrity and 10 on Oceania...will continue to enjoy both, but will avoid Oceania's thin walled new ships.

Came across this post on Celebrity referencing Vista's thin walls. I believe others on this forum have reported same.

Was interesting comparison of the Retreat product on Celebrity versus the inclusionary approach on Oceania.

FYI

Thx for this. I’ve read enough posts about thin walls and noise bleeding through into the state room that I will not be booking any cruises on Vista (unless a very low fire sale price). 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PhD-iva said:

Thx for this. I’ve read enough posts about thin walls and noise bleeding through into the state room that I will not be booking any cruises on Vista (unless a very low fire sale price). 

I have very excellent hearing, so I am always mindful of cabin location etc.

I most certainly agree with you, given this structural issue, I will not book on Vista either.

Most unfortunate.

Q - is it a new design product or being cheap I wonder?

• Like 1

In my feeble memory, I recall thin wall complaints only for Veranda staterooms, but don't  recall folks in PHs reporting such problems, with possible exception of adjoining staterooms.

Does anyone have know if folks in PHs report from the same malady as the Verandas?  I may have missed them

Interesting hypothesis:  Vista's HVAC is reported to be much quieter, making noise from adjoining cabins more noticeable. 🤔  I'm considering packing a white-noise generator for my trip in 2 weeks.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

We sailed on Vista 30 days, no issue with noise. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

We were in a PH on Deck 10 and didn’t have issues. Friends in a PH on 11 did.

The difference wasn’t the Deck, the difference was his neighbors played their tv loudly nearly 24/7. Our neighbors, like us, rarely turned theirs on. Also some people naturally speak in a lower tone, while others feel they have to SHOUT every syllable. I believe these factors are as much the problem as the thin walls. Unless they’re traveling with you, and book next to you: You can’t pick your neighbors.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I posted this on Nov. 20: 

We just returned from Vista. We could hear neighbors talking on both sides and anyone in the hall as well as TVs on both sides and neighbors when they were on their balconies. We used our Eargasms but could still hear them. One morning the woman on one side was loudly telling her partner that she has already told him "NO!" while the woman on the other side was loudly telling her partner that she has already told him "YES!" We could usually hear and understand most words. 

I hope Allura doesn't have this problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Simply More . . . noise from neighbors? Less time in ports for more time hearing "NO!" and "YES!" from opposite sides of your cabin. Who's world, who's way?

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, kibutzer said:

We sailed on Vista 30 days, no issue with noise. 

What category and deck?

I am getting paranoid about others hearing conversations from our stateroom.  We leave for the Vista a week from Saturday. We are on Deck 8, mid-ship in a Veranda stateroom.  We do sleep with a white noise machine, but have no desire to have it on during the daytime.  I will try to keep voices down, and the TV volume quiet, but DH has a new hearing loss and speaks quite loud to my sensitive hearing.

• Like 2

Why people are so concerned about other people hearing them? If you are concerned about hearing others at night, bring earplugs. From what I remember from our previous cruises, most people sleep at night..

9 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

What category and deck?

I am getting paranoid about others hearing conversations from our stateroom.  We leave for the Vista a week from Saturday. We are on Deck 8, mid-ship in a Veranda stateroom.  We do sleep with a white noise machine, but have no desire to have it on during the daytime.  I will try to keep voices down, and the TV volume quiet, but DH has a new hearing loss and speaks quite loud to my sensitive hearing.

We were in Stateroom 8071 and had no issues with noise.  This was the case even with those in the next stateroom seemingly in quarantine nearly the entire cruise. 

• Like 1

We were in 8015 when we sailed Vista in August. I heard no noise from adjacent staterooms and I have very acute hearing. Either we were surrounded by unusually quiet neighbors or the insulation between units is not uniform throughout the ship. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hanoj said:

We were in 1045 when we sailed Vista in August. I heard no noise from adjacent staterooms and I have very acute hearing. Either we were surrounded by unusually quiet neighbors or the insulation between units is not uniform throughout the ship. 

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 1

This isn’t difficult. We had people on O cruises that signed up for three walker ship tours that couldn’t walk 50 yards without a break. We had people reserving loungers and leaving the ship for tours. We’ve had neighbors that are deaf that play their tv on extra loud. While Oceania chooses not to adequately address these issues, the primary problem is actually the quality of attitudes of fellow cruisers not Oceania. Does YWYW mean you can blast your tv 24/7? Seems to be a point of contention. Where is the difference between someone that puts down personal belongings on a lounger at 07:00 and doesn’t show up again until 14:00, and someone turning their tv on full blast at at 05:30 and may or may not turn it off all day? I have a descriptive adjective for both and it doesn’t vary . Separating Oceania short falls from horribly rude passengers is a crapshoot. Define YWYW.

• Like 8

On 2/29/2024 at 8:13 AM, PhD-iva said:

Perhaps we got lucky, but our B3 veranda stateroom was so quiet on Vista in December that I suspected we didn't have guests on either side of us. It took me a week to realize we did have guests on both sides. But it was because we saw them (coming out of the stateroom and once on the veranda). Never heard a peep on either side.  

• Like 3

We were in a concierge verandah on Deck 12 for a B2B for 32 days and never heard anything from neighbors on either segment.  It appears the noise issue is not ship wide but specific cabins...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Where is the difference between someone that puts down personal belongings on a lounger at 07:00 and doesn’t show up again until 14:00, and someone turning their tv on full blast at at 05:30 and may or may not turn it off all day?

Well, I suppose the main difference is that the former may be a relatively minor inconvenience to me, whilst the latter ruins my night's sleep, as I'll have planned at least another couple of hours shut-eye. I may tut about the former culprit. I want to do serious injury to the latter in retaliation. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/29/2024 at 1:24 PM, goletans said:

I posted this on Nov. 20: 

We just returned from Vista. We could hear neighbors talking on both sides and anyone in the hall as well as TVs on both sides and neighbors when they were on their balconies. We used our Eargasms but could still hear them. One morning the woman on one side was loudly telling her partner that she has already told him "NO!" while the woman on the other side was loudly telling her partner that she has already told him "YES!" We could usually hear and understand most words. 

I hope Allura doesn't have this problem.

Sorry, are you complaining about the noise or discussing the new entertainment?😜

• Haha 1

HA! Our amusing observation that (perhaps) people should pay more attention to their partners. This did not interfere at all with our enjoyment of the cruise at all. We were on Riviera in January and never heard any noise from our neighbors. This being said, we did find that Vista's walls were somewhat 'thin.'

Helpful Hint: Eargasm earplugs are GREAT!

4 minutes ago, goletans said:

HA! Our amusing observation that (perhaps) people should pay more attention to their partners. This did not interfere at all with our enjoyment of the cruise at all. We were on Riviera in January and never heard any noise from our neighbors. This being said, we did find that Vista's walls were somewhat 'thin.'

Helpful Hint: Eargasm earplugs are GREAT!

On the Eargasm  ear plugs…..the high fidelity ones or the squishables?  Gosh, that doesn’t even feel right typing that out! 🤣

• Haha 2