One person can't go :(

I can still go on our cruise, by not sure if my husband can go, can I just add my son to our reservation, how will this work, will we lose alot of money?  The cabin only holds 2 people.  Thanks

Swapping names of one person on reservation can be done up until a few days before cruising.  Just contact whoever you booked your cruise with.  No charge.

• Like 1

thank you guys, yes, he has his passport and is a C&A member, hes 22.   This helps, I can always count on CC for my answers w/o staying on "hold" with rccl forever

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hollon said:

I can still go on our cruise, by not sure if my husband can go, can I just add my son to our reservation, how will this work, will we lose alot of money?  The cabin only holds 2 people.  Thanks

FYI

Changing names will not affect any cruise planner purchases that may have been done.  Your sons name would just replace your husbands on those.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

FYI

Changing names will not affect any cruise planner purchases that may have been done.  Your sons name would just replace your husbands on those.

thank you

I'm jumping on with this challenge. My wife might have yo have small surgery and she might have to cancel. We are meeting our Daughter's family of 5 and the wife is saying that I should go. What would the process be if I become a single ? Who must I contact ?  Can I still sail as a single  ? 

33 minutes ago, Harrisonkid said:

I'm jumping on with this challenge. My wife might have yo have small surgery and she might have to cancel. We are meeting our Daughter's family of 5 and the wife is saying that I should go. What would the process be if I become a single ? Who must I contact ?  Can I still sail as a single  ? 

No one to contact if you are inside the strictest cancelation period. Just show up and tell them she isn't coming.  Cruise planner purchases, taxes and fees will be refunded automatically.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Harrisonkid said:

Cruise leave in late march...so I guess I'm inside the strick cancelation period ...so now I just wait and see?

Sorry this is happening...  Missing out is such a disappointment.  Hopefully things work out.

Edited by Tree_skier

Well, if she cant go We do have insurance so I may be able to re- coop some of the cost .

Here is an odd question.If my Wife can't go will I qualify for Double points since I'm paying for two ?

Just now, Harrisonkid said:

If my Wife can't go will I qualify for Double points since I'm paying for two ?

Yes, but only if you modify the booking to a solo before embarkation.

24 minutes ago, Harrisonkid said:

Well, if she cant go We do have insurance so I may be able to re- coop some of the cost .

Here is an odd question.If my Wife can't go will I qualify for Double points since I'm paying for two ?

If you modify the booking to one person to get the double points Royal will not provide you the letter for the insurance company.  You need to decide whether the double points are worth not filing the claim.

Life  is always fun.... Letter is probably more important to us then a few more points...heck, with the money we could get back I could apply it toward a future Suite 🤔 and get double points that way !!

On 3/6/2024 at 8:26 AM, Harrisonkid said:

What cost would you think you'd get back if you go solo?

8 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

What cost would you think you'd get back if you go solo?

I hope via insurance a some of the cruise cost and some of the airfare..dollars are unknown at this time

On 3/6/2024 at 8:51 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

If you modify the booking to one person to get the double points Royal will not provide you the letter for the insurance company.  You need to decide whether the double points are worth not filing the claim.

Q? Will this action cause re-pricing of cruise fare and with the current inflation in cruising prices it may cost more than the original 2X fare.

Just now, nelblu said:

Q? Will this action cause re-pricing of cruise fare and with the current inflation in cruising prices it may cost more than the original 2X fare.

No, at least I have never had any booking repriced to the current rates when I have made changes for clients.  It has always been just the taxes are dropped.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Harrisonkid said:

I hope via insurance a some of the cruise cost and some of the airfare..dollars are unknown at this time

you may able to get air back, but the price of the cruise isn't going to be less