Laundry? Cappuccinos?

Hi- we have done many cruises- but never on NCL! We are booked on the Norwegian Dawn in August in the British Isles with our grandchildren- both teenagers. As we will be away from home 16 days, I'm wondering if there are laundry facilities on the Dawn. Also wondering if our basic drink package includes cappuccinos  anywhere on board.  We are really looking forward to sailing with NCL!

Norwegian ships do not have self-serve laundry.  Sometime during the cruise, there will be a "Fill The Bag" laundry special.  Everything in  the bag will be one price.

I do not think that cappuccinos are included in the basic drink package.

• Like 3

• specially coffees are not included.  Like mentioned above, there will be a fill the bag special of laundry during your cruise.  Make sure to take inventory as you put things in the bag ( there will be a ticket supplied you will fill in with # of items and type of items).
  •  Roll everything really tight ( those bas are pretty flimsy).  If you are in Haven suite ( if he dawn has them), the laundry bag will be made of a much more durable fabric, and is much larger.  Also, if in the Haven ( again, if there is one on Dawn), you can get cappuccinos no charge in the Haven dining room.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 9tee2Sea said:
  • specially coffees are not included.  Like mentioned above, there will be a fill the bag special of laundry during your cruise.  Make sure to take inventory as you put things in the bag ( there will be a ticket supplied you will fill in with # of items and type of items).
  •  Roll everything really tight ( those bas are pretty flimsy).  If you are in Haven suite ( if he dawn has them), the laundry bag will be made of a much more durable fabric, and is much larger.  Also, if in the Haven ( again, if there is one on Dawn), you can get cappuccinos no charge in the Haven dining room.

The Dawn does not have a Haven Restaurant.

@Victoria Darcy

You will have laundry bags and lists in your cabin; fill in list put all in bag, label outside and leave for the steward to take away, back on  the second day normally.

In the middle of the cruise you will get an offer of all you can get in the bag for a fixed price

image.png.e1262c6da5efbc560ae8fe6cf7d7be4f.png

HTH

A P

if you get the upgraded drink package, both starbucks and latte's cappuccinos are included.

in the alternative, they are offered in most restaurant for an additional charge of $2.95 +tax.

i

it's cheaper to pay for them than to upgrade the drink package, especially if you're not big drinkers. along that thought, it may even be cheaper to drop the drink package entirely, save the money, and just pay as you go.

sometimes (when we're in a suite) if we're at breakfast in moderno, lunch in cagneys, or even in a mdr, the waiter will bring me a cappuccino and my wife a latte, and not charge

1 hour ago, Victoria Darcy said:

Do you know what the cost is to upgrade? We aren’t big drinkers- maybe 2 each a day, but do love the coffees-may be cheaper to pay for them! I’ll check it out!

I think it is $29 per day per person. Plus 20% gratuity. So that is 34.80 per day per person. So, on a 11 night cruise, that’s $383 per person for the upgrade. 

On 3/2/2024 at 7:08 PM, BirdTravels said:

I think it is $29 per day per person. Plus 20% gratuity. So that is 34.80 per day per person. So, on a 11 night cruise, that’s $383 per person for the upgrade. 

Do they ever put the upgrade on sale?

The only specialty coffee I have found in the drink package is a Jameson Irish Coffee.

Sometimes in the specialty restaurants, using a Free at Sea meal or a Latitude Rewards voucher, I get a cappuccino at the end of the meal and I am not charged.  Perhaps this is the waiter looking for a bigger tip....

We were going to pay about $700+ for the drinks package (the service charge) for our 17 day cruise but now that I know that cappucino is not included in the drinks package I think I will cancel the "free" drinks package. 

We are not big drinkers (we do like cappucino) so I don't think it's worth paying about $22 each per day in service charges.  Some port days we might have one drink and a couple of cappacino so it's better to just pay as we go.

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

On some ships but ended like 2008.

Our most recent NCL cruise was in 2007.  All of our previous NCL cruises had them.  We've sailed Carnival (23 times) and Princess (13) most often and they both have guest laundries.  I like the convenience and being able to pack less, but it's all good!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

On some ships but ended like 2008.

We sailed Dawn when it was brand new and I seem to remember laundry facilities and my wife actually doing a load of wash while onboard.

I understand why they would have gotten rid of that and I'm glad too. Lol!!

4 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

We sailed Dawn when it was brand new and I seem to remember laundry facilities and my wife actually doing a load of wash while onboard.

I understand why they would have gotten rid of that and I'm glad too. Lol!!

That’s one thing I really like about all of the Princess Cruises ships, even the newest Sun Princess that just came out - they all have laundry services on every passenger cabin deck level that passengers can use (washers, dryers, and irons). This really comes in handy on extended cruises and the cost is minimal. 

• Like 1

I don't disagree.

We're sailing for 10 days in April and a laundry room would be great for many on board.

I just don't want my wife to be doing laundry while we vacation and, anyway, we get a free bag of laundry when we sail and I thought they did a reasonably good job with it last time.

• Thanks 1