Sun Princess Staterooms & Categories

1 hour ago, dides said:

No, but we did go past the Oceanview window for 10106 when walking around the secret deck outside. It's a lovely outside space!

image.png.efe63c4250c6c236337c70ed1ec2c96c.png

Still also looking for 14101,102,103,104. Also strange shaped with huge balconies. 

6 hours ago, abouna said:

Still also looking for 14101,102,103,104. Also strange shaped with huge balconies. 

There are posts about all the forward balconies in general on the site that shall not be named, or livre du visage, mostly complaining they were not advised there would be a steel instead of glass balcony. The problem they have is that you can’t see the ocean when sitting down. I’ve sailed in cove balconies on other ships so for me it’s not really an issue.  I think the rooms you’re asking about, if you look at outside photos of the ship, the first two are crammed under the bridge which would make the room dark and obstruct the view. The second two, 03 and 04, appear to be more open and unobstructed. 

On 4/6/2024 at 10:03 AM, andreakul said:

We were in a sphere cabana mini suite on deck 12 and not in one on deck 9 which has the cabana area adjacent to them.  We met a couple who were in one and I was commenting on their experience that they shared with us--that they liked it and felt like they had a private hot tub and area much to themselves for the most part.  I couldn't get out on deck 9 to see the cabana area myself because that area was restricted only to deck 9 mini cabana suite guests. 

I was looking at a mini suite on deck 10 on a youtube video.  The person had the cabana, then his balcony area with chairs, but then he had a huge wall of glass.   I want to make sure I do not get that type of mini suite.  Did yours have that glass or did it have the half railing on your balcony?

On 6/17/2024 at 3:00 PM, CUontheC said:

I was looking at a mini suite on deck 10 on a youtube video.  The person had the cabana, then his balcony area with chairs, but then he had a huge wall of glass.   I want to make sure I do not get that type of mini suite.  Did yours have that glass or did it have the half railing on your balcony?

Depending on when you want to cruise you will find mini suites on a couple of decks that are not the cabana mini suites.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2024 at 3:00 PM, CUontheC said:

The mini-suite cabana cabins in the "mid-aft" area of the ship on deck 10 have only the normal glass area below the railing and not the larger "wall of glass".  I believe the wall of glass cabins are on deck 9 which has been shown on other videos and if you look at photos of the ship which feature all the decks on either the port or starboard side of the ship.

We have booked a cabin for our 21-day Med cruise next September and based on the research we have done we have a "normal" amount of glass to the railing.  Just to be sure, I have asked one of the Princess corporate persons that will be on the ship this coming week to verify that this is correct.  I'll report what his findings are for both deck 10 and deck 9.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Deck 9 has the glass, the entire length.

The ones on deck 10 do not, but notice that they are there just above and behind the top of that glass.

The Cabana Minis on the Sphere should not be obstructed at all.

And, a reminder...  The cabin of these Cabana Mini-Suites is actually the same as a Deluxe Balcony.  They are bigger as they include that cabana area.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2024 at 5:52 PM, vjmatty said:

There are posts about all the forward balconies in general on the site that shall not be named, or livre du visage, mostly complaining they were not advised there would be a steel instead of glass balcony. The problem they have is that you can’t see the ocean when sitting down. I’ve sailed in cove balconies on other ships so for me it’s not really an issue.  I think the rooms you’re asking about, if you look at outside photos of the ship, the first two are crammed under the bridge which would make the room dark and obstruct the view. The second two, 03 and 04, appear to be more open and unobstructed. 

I agree that most, if not all of us, are booking balcony locations so we can have a clear view of the ocean or the ports we are visiting.  The mini-suite cabana balconies on deck 9 have blue glass above the rail making the balcony closed in and turning it into a terrarium.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 2:27 PM, capriccio said:

We haven't experience the S9 signature suite (15606) yet but that cabin description is
"Sanctuary Benefits Bed By Entrance".  The S9 next door (15608) is described a "Sanctuary Benefits Sofa By Entrance". Even though both show a picture with the bed by the entrance the deck plan supports the differentiation.

We reserved 15606 instead of 15608 specifically because we like the sofa next to the balcony.

The deck plans shows

image.png.0ca446b8502e189bcdf78d76b6077a1c.png

Just checking that it's the notch (indentation) on the deck plan that shows the location of the bed?  That's why 15608 has bed closer to the balcony?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheHawk1 said:

Just checking that it's the notch (indentation) on the deck plan that shows the location of the bed?  That's why 15608 has bed closer to the balcony?

Yes the notch is the location of the headboard, so bed closer to the balcony, facing aft

image.png.6b3e8f43b9122d4c5d45cc247825862a.png

Note this stateroom also has an inter-connecting door to 15610 so there might be noise issues.

Edited by dides
  • Like 2

On 6/23/2024 at 8:12 AM, Grego said:

I agree that most, if not all of us, are booking balcony locations so we can have a clear view of the ocean or the ports we are visiting.  The mini-suite cabana balconies on deck 9 have blue glass above the rail making the balcony closed in and turning it into a terrarium.

Except I think, on the actual Cabana deck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

Except I think, on the actual Cabana deck.

The rail between the individual balconies and the cabana deck is normal height, about waist high. On the outside of the cabana deck, facing the ocean, is the 8 foot wall of blue glass. 

• Like 2

Funny enough, I just went to look at the different categories of cabins and details and every cabin on every deck show "no availability"....guess they don't want us to know how much each cabin is before the "big sale" next week. Yesterday they were almost all available.

Edited by suzyed

On 4/1/2024 at 4:45 PM, stevenr597 said:

We have book Reserve Class Mini-Suite during March, 2025 on Sun Princess.  We are a party of three and found out that most Mini-Suites are limited to two people.  The majority of Mini-Suites available for three people are connecting.  

We have heard that connecting cabins are usually noisier.  

Any comments about this?

I am going on the TA cruise in March 2025. on the  Sun. My experience on the Sky is that there is a sofa bed in the mini suites, because I slept on it for both my mini suite SKY cruises. I assume Sun will have the same.  Also I had a (at that time a club class mini suite which is not reserve collection) dont know if that made a difference but i do not think so. For 2025 I am in a deluxe Balcony with a sofa bed so the room also can sleep 3.

35 minutes ago, Princess_gal said:

I am going on the TA cruise in March 2025. on the  Sun. My experience on the Sky is that there is a sofa bed in the mini suites, because I slept on it for both my mini suite SKY cruises. I assume Sun will have the same.  Also I had a (at that time a club class mini suite which is now reserve collection) dont know if that made a difference  For 2025 I am in a deluxe Balcony with a sofa bed so the room also can sleep 3.

Yes there are a lot of connecting cabins

13 hours ago, Princess_gal said:

I am going on the TA cruise in March 2025. on the  Sun. My experience on the Sky is that there is a sofa bed in the mini suites, because I slept on it for both my mini suite SKY cruises. I assume Sun will have the same.  Also I had a (at that time a club class mini suite which is not reserve collection) dont know if that made a difference but i do not think so. For 2025 I am in a deluxe Balcony with a sofa bed so the room also can sleep 3.

For some reason, Princess lists most of the Mini-Suites for only two people.  When I tried to book independently, I did notice that the number of mini-suites available increased when one listed only two, rather than three passengers.