Venezia out of NYC - Empty Water Bottles

I know you cannot bring water bottles (like Poland Springs, etc) on the ship.  But could you bring empty bottles of Poland Springs, etc. when you embark.  

Not sure what Poland Springs is but if your asking if you can bring an empty water bottle on board to fill yourself the answer is yes you can. 

I know that you can bring on water bottles like a thermos bottle.  I am asking about an empty water bottles that you would purchase in a convenience store. 

Posted (edited)

Only thing I would suggest is make sure it has wide mouth on it, no offense but I don't want a used water bottle neck pressed up to the water dispenser if I'm behind you unless you're filling it up in your cabin.

They do sell them onboard for about $15, you have a souvenir and reuse it.

Edited by thesmiths
  • Like 1

How would you fill a plastic bottle? You are requested to only fill provided glasses and then transfer the contents to your bottle. Unless you bring a funnel, it will be a messy process.

17 hours ago, kdr69 said:

Not sure what Poland Springs is but if your asking if you can bring an empty water bottle on board to fill yourself the answer is yes you can. 

I’m pretty sure they merged with Morgan springs and are now known as Moland.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, thesmiths said:

Only thing I would suggest is make sure it has wide mouth on it, no offense but I don't want a used water bottle neck pressed up to the water dispenser if I'm behind you unless you're filling it up in your cabin.

They are signs at the water dispenser that says to use a fresh clean cup to fill your bottle . That's the rule on all ships that people ignore

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I’m pretty sure they merged with Morgan springs and are now known as Moland.

Nope got nothing lol. 

11 hours ago, deelightfull said:

They don't care what empty containers you bring on board, they just don't want you to smuggle on vodka 😆.  Bring on whatever empty container you want!

Thanks for your reply.  We will bring small bottles and fill them in the cabin.  We like to have some water next to the bed side.

19 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Yes.  We brought empty water bottles we got on a plane that were much sturdier than the supermarket ones.

We also have bottles from a plane.  They are ideal and glad that there would be no problem bringing empty ones when we board.  Thanks

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CarolRoy said:

Thanks for your reply.  We will bring small bottles and fill them in the cabin.  We like to have some water next to the bed side.

There should be water glasses in the cabin.

6 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

How would you fill a plastic bottle? You are requested to only fill provided glasses and then transfer the contents to your bottle. Unless you bring a funnel, it will be a messy process.

Not really. You can fill up empty plastic Poland Spring bottles in the fitness room. There is a water fountain with a water bottle sensor on it. There will not be any mess. Tons of people were doing this on my last cruise. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On April 20, I tried to bring an empty ‘stubby’ water bottle on Carnival Paradise. The security person threw it right in the garbage. I said it was empty and I wanted to keep it. (It was the right size to fit in my purse). She said ‘ no plastic on Carnival’.  Got to my cabin..and what’s waiting for me…my order of water in 12 plastic bottles. There were no signs saying that one cannot bring an empty plastic bottle on the ship. It was my property, not her’s.  What a jerk! I’ll put it in my checked bag next time. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

That stopped around COVID, unless you have a suite.

I had water glasses in the room on my last few cruises including one ending last week on Carnival Spirit.  We had the two heavy water glasses with stem on the tray with the big bottles of water and ice bucket.  This time we also had two small glasses in the bathroom(that you can see in the picture below), which we haven't had on other cruises lately.  Not in a suite. 

I have never had a problem with drinking the water from the room, although after this last cruise, I don't think I will be doing it anymore.   This is what the water looked like one morning. 

20240501_065745.jpg

20240501_065626.jpg

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers

10 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I had water glasses in the room on my last few cruises including one ending last week on Carnival Spirit.  We had the two heavy water glasses with stem on the tray with the big bottles of water and ice bucket.  This time we also had two small glasses in the bathroom(that you can see in the picture below), which we haven't had on other cruises lately.  Not in a suite. 

Not on Glory a few weeks ago, but I guess they are coming back. Anyway, you can pick up fresh glasses (Plastics?) on Lido and have a constant supply in your cabin.

• Like 1

Looking through some of my Venezia pictures, we had glass on the Inaugural Transatlantic. Maybe they have been coming back for a while (May 23 at least)

P1000117_DxO.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Not on Glory a few weeks ago, but I guess they are coming back. Anyway, you can pick up fresh glasses (Plastics?) on Lido and have a constant supply in your cabin.

I always grab the nice ones by the 'Pour Your Own Beer' station on Lido to use in the bathroom.  They are still plastic, but much better for holding the toothbrush & toothpaste then the short water glasses from the Lido or the little glass ones that were supplied in the bathroom.

• Thanks 1