A Day at Labadee, Haiti. March 13, 2024

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, twangster said:

And we’re off.  

Can you see my shadow?  Im the one waving.  

IMG_2314.thumb.jpeg.9030afe75f346588e0231e4be3c46377.jpeg

You're much taller and thinner than I imagined. Thanks for taking us along. 

Edited by doghog
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, doghog said:

You're much taller and thiner than I imagined. Thanks for taking us along. 

I'm trying t figure out what he's holding in his hand. Umbrella? Grappling hook?

14 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Thank @twangster,  I always love your photo's 

I love Labadee,  Later this year we have a cruise that goes to both Labadee and Coco Cay and it'll be interesting to do a side by side comparison.

I think on Coco Cay it is possible to have a Labadee type experience if you head to the right areas. On Labadee you can't necessarily have a Coco Cay type experience. The food is much better on Coco Cay. There is not as much need to return to the ship for lunch. The vendor area seems much more "commercial" on Coco Cay. They sell things like snorkels and masks with price tags on them like you would find at Walmart. I don't know if you can negotiate on price. On Labadee it has more of a Caribbean vibe even if most of the stuff was made in China. The merchants on Coco Cay are totally non aggressive to the point where some just ignore you unless you ask them a question. That is very different from Labadee. I like the loungers being set up ahead of time at Coco Cay rather than having someone stalk me in Labadee looking to move a chair then expecting a tip.

Sailing up to Coco Cay gives the impression of arriving at an amusement park whereas sailing up to Labadee has much more of a secluded Gilligan's Island type vibe.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sailing up to Coco Cay gives the impression of arriving at an amusement park whereas sailing up to Labadee has much more of a secluded Gilligan's Island type vibe.

One of the great things about Royal is that they have something for everyone.  Labadee has always been one of my favorite stops specifically for the secluded Gilligan Island type vibe. Not sure if this is accurate, but in my mind, it's an old time Caribbean  stop. I hope they keep it that way.

But the food does need to seriously be improved. Right? 🙂

• Haha 1

Thank you for this report.

We have not stopped at Labadee since 2019.

I  think I see some updates, but maybe I missed them last time? It was rainy. Nice

places to take photos with a word Labadee.