Elite Perk Internet

6 minutes ago, closecruiser said:

Do Elite members get free 90 minuets of internet?  I thought I saw that somewhere but am sot sure.

Thanks.....

Yes. Each member. All CC perks/benefits are per person. 

Question: Can the Elite internet discount be combined with the discounted internet packages bought ahead of time?

This line from the T & C's seems that they could be combined.

Wi-Fi

Discount applied to the total price of the Wi-Fi package or upgrade purchased. Combinable with the pre-cruise advantage only.

9 minutes ago, jdvmd said:

Question: Can the Elite internet discount be combined with the discounted internet packages bought ahead of time?

This line from the T & C's seems that they could be combined.

Wi-Fi

Discount applied to the total price of the Wi-Fi package or upgrade purchased. Combinable with the pre-cruise advantage only.

Yes.  The Celebrity website and post #3 answers your question.  Also do a search for internet and you can see multiple questions on exactly that.

I responded to a similar question concerning Elite 90 minutes internet perk.

Yes, 90 minutes, but, if you already have internet you purchased or as an all included perk you must use the Elite minutes firsty.

Also, make sure you logoff after each use to conserve the minutes, it goes very fast.

2 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Yes.  The Celebrity website and post #3 answers your question.  Also do a search for internet and you can see multiple questions on exactly that.

Since you posted your reply, I have been looking and two hours later, I am still not finding what I need to know. I know how to get the 90 free minutes. I am trying to book the discounted Wifi package before cruising and also applying the 30 percent off for being Elite. When the package is in the cart and I am trying to check out, I am not getting the additional discount. How do you get both discounts to appear? Does it have to be called in?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, jdvmd said:

Since you posted your reply, I have been looking and two hours later, I am still not finding what I need to know. I know how to get the 90 free minutes. I am trying to book the discounted Wifi package before cruising and also applying the 30 percent off for being Elite. When the package is in the cart and I am trying to check out, I am not getting the additional discount. How do you get both discounts to appear? Does it have to be called in?

No

Look at the website or app, you don't have to do anything, its a perk for your status.

If you are Elite, you dont have to do anything.

If you need more assistance please send me a message, I will try to help you !

Happy Cruising !

Edited by m8zenblue

4 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

No

Look at the website or app, you don't have to do anything, its a perk for your status.

If you are Elite, you dont have to do anything.

If you need more assistance please send me a message, I will try to help you !

Happy Cruising !

I'm in my reservation currently and it shows,

Premium Wi-Fi 2 Devices

Full Sailing - 13 Days

From

$35.99 / per guest per day
$45.89 onboard
(20% OFF) PRE-CRUISE SAVINGS

As an Elite member of Captain's Club, we get another 30 percent discount so that should be $10.80 off the cost or $25.19 a day. When added to the cart, the only discount applied is the 20 percent off for pre-cruise savings. Total is $467.87, which is $35.99 a day X 13 days.

47 minutes ago, jdvmd said:

Premium Wi-Fi 2 Devices

Full Sailing - 13 Days

From

$45.89 onboard

As an Elite member of Captain's Club, we get another 30 percent discount so that should be $10.80 off the cost or $25.19 a day. When added to the cart, the only discount applied is the 20 percent off for pre-cruise savings. Total is $467.87, which is $35.99 a day X 13 days.

They haven’t been allowing stacking of discounts.  You can use which ever discount is most beneficial. 

To use the Elite discount you must call the Captains Club to purchase the upgrade with the discount. 

3 hours ago, jdvmd said:

Thanks, will do some more searching but I am not seeing where the additional Elite discount is coming off the price when it is in the cart.

You must call to get the Elite discount… the flash sales are not combinable, but generally the normal sales are.  Read the fine print very carefully and all the way thru… generally says whether it is combinable.

A few months back there was talk of the Elite discount coming up in the planner, but we have had several cruises since that rumor and have never seen it on ours.  Does seem like an easy thing for them to do… lol… but Celebrity IT does have lots of issues.

In my post above (No. 5), it looks like it is combinable. Hence, my question as to how to get it. How do you know if it is a flash sale versus a normal sale?

Wi-Fi

1 hour ago, jdvmd said:

Premium Wi-Fi 2 Devices

Full Sailing - 13 Days

From

$45.89 onboard

So, you purchased Premium wifi  ?

Elite, you have 90 minutes, you have to use it first.

3 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

So, you purchased Premium wifi  ?

Elite, you have 90 minutes, you have to use it first.

You do NOT have to use the free minutes first.  You choose which minutes to use when you log on. 

Another option is to wait until your 90 minutes have been used and then purchase a package mid-cruise using your discount on the pro-rated cost.

Also, I have been able to combine sales and the Elite discount.  But you have to call in or you can take care of it onboard with the IT Staff.

My understanding is if you use the 90 minutes you no longer have a discount.  People are saying use the 90 minutes first and then the purchased package. I ask why???  Why bother, if you paid for a package use it. 

I have had some success stacking the pre-cruise discount and the CC discount by calling the CC number.  You cannot do it online, you have to call.  Flash sales are just that, They come and go in a flash and are marked as FLASH SALE.  The best times for them seem to be Black Friday and July 4.  There are others but the discounts don't seem to be as big. 

The real rip off comes when you both have Elite status but you only buy a single device package during a flash sale thinking that "oh, I can use my 90 minutes and they are gone, I can use hers because we did not use that perk during the Flash Sale".  Nope, once you activate the package your other perk is gone whether or not you used  the discount.  

On 3/16/2024 at 12:20 AM, Mr. Click said:

My understanding is if you use the 90 minutes you no longer have a discount.  People are saying use the 90 minutes first and then the purchased package. I ask why???  Why bother, if you paid for a package use it. 

I have had some success stacking the pre-cruise discount and the CC discount by calling the CC number.  You cannot do it online, you have to call.  Flash sales are just that, They come and go in a flash and are marked as FLASH SALE.  The best times for them seem to be Black Friday and July 4.  There are others but the discounts don't seem to be as big. 

The real rip off comes when you both have Elite status but you only buy a single device package during a flash sale thinking that "oh, I can use my 90 minutes and they are gone, I can use hers because we did not use that perk during the Flash Sale".  Nope, once you activate the package your other perk is gone whether or not you used  the discount.  

I always have issues logging into ship wifi and tech staff says I must use my 90 minutes before I use my purchased wifi.

It's not me making this up.

I heard this from other cruisers as well.

Posted (edited)

On Equinox last November we had activated our free minutes first and were not able to activate our purchased Wifi package. So we went to the IT man and he closed off the free minutes and then activated our package, he said we would not be able to use the free Captain’s Club minutes. Do not understand how other people can make that work.

Edited by celly

4 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

I always have issues logging into ship wifi and tech staff says I must use my 90 minutes before I use my purchased wifi.

It's not me making this up.

I heard this from other cruisers as well.

We usually get one unlimited package and have no trouble activating it.  DW uses it for the most part and I use my 90 minutes until they run out. The annoying thing to me is even when we don't use her discount to buy the package, once we log into to the package her "free" minutes vanish and I can't use them.  That is another story for another life time I guess.

• Like 1

I realise it's not quite the same but we sailed on Millennium earlier this year and had basic WiFi included with our booking. I had read on these boards not to log into either free mins or package first but couldn't remember which. I went to the Internet desk and a very helpful member of staff set up 2 logins, one using my free basic package and one my better included E+ minutes. I was able to switch between the two. The basic package was good for everything except sending and receiving images/videos on WhatsApp so I switched to my included mins for that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobal said:

I realise it's not quite the same but we sailed on Millennium earlier this year and had basic WiFi included with our booking. I had read on these boards not to log into either free mins or package first but couldn't remember which. I went to the Internet desk and a very helpful member of staff set up 2 logins, one using my free basic package and one my better included E+ minutes. I was able to switch between the two. The basic package was good for everything except sending and receiving images/videos on WhatsApp so I switched to my included mins for that. 

Bobal, you are absolutely correct. We just got off Silhouette and we had the basic wifi included with our classic drink package. As Elite, we also had our 90 minutes of free high speed internet. We went to internet desk (now part of photo studio on Silhouette) and the IT staff setup up 2 logins. Whenever we logged in we chose between Basic or Free 90 minutes. Only logged into free 90 minutes after we composed msgs in text, email, WhatsApp, messenger on basic wifi. Through 10 day cruise, only used 10 minutes of our free 90 minutes of high speed internet .

• Like 1