What essentials and fun items do you bring?

Oh, I love this! I, too, used to be anti-lanyard.... but then I realized the practicality of it, so I made a few fashionable adjustments.

My mother came up with this creative idea. It's a stretchy wrist bracelet with a lanyard sleeve so you can wear your SeaPass on your wrist at the pool.

53445619399_34826019ed_c.jpg

My mom gifted them to all of the girls on Rachel's Bachelorette Cruise, and they came in super handy. Prime use case example on Coco Cay -

53589990101_074318c911_c.jpg

And for the evenings, I don't like to carry a purse because I carry a camera, but my dresses don't have pockets for my phone or SeaPass. Enter this adorable Bandolier phone case! It's on a purse chain and can carry my SeaPass. I love it so much, I have it in two different styles.

52935382062_ec03a4e7e7_c.jpg

Something else that's super handy are these plastic sleeves for your luggage tags. My dad legit used to travel with a stapler to staple these to our bags. This is much easier. They're affordable, and you can reuse on future cruises.

52630236858_6b6fa72769_c.jpg

For stateroom organization, heavy-duty magnetic hooks are really a game changer. I use them to hang necklaces, hats, bags, you name it!

52936373665_6b77225a2f_c.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LittleMissMagic said:

My dad legit used to travel with a stapler to staple these to our bags.

OMG I still do. LOL. And I have those plastic luggage tags. But you never know when you might need to staple an extra paper tag (which I carry) on the bags. It's a little mini stapler. I tag every handle. Just in case one tag falls off. OCD (Hey, I need my stuff. LOL)

• Haha 2

We get dressed up for dinner each night. Including formals for formal night so we bring lots of clothes. I don't do laundry on vacation call me lazy but it's only 7 days and I pack enough. We bought the magnetic hooks and still never used them. I do pack a ton of sunscreen and take all my own toiletries. My hair would break off if I used that jail house all in one lol. I did get 2 cheap floats to use on the islands so I don't have to rent them ( I paid less for the 2 than I would to rent one) I'lluse them to lay on and snorkle, i bring my own snorkle gear too. I always have medicines , I have IBS so only God knows what is going to send my stomach into a frenzy haha I bring stuff to "stop" & stuff to "go" 😉😆. Also my hubby gets bad indigestion ever since having his gallbladder removed so gotta pack his pills. Other than that a floppy sun hat, a couple wristlets for carrying things in the evening,  a beach bag for the pool. Nothing spectacular. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I bring the clothes and shoes I plan to wear, toiletries, flat iron for hair, medications and any jewelry I may want.   Passport, credit card and phone.  Some cash for tips. For our recent 28 day cruise plus 10 days in Australia, I had one large suitcase and one carry on.   My husband had the same.  We each used our free wash & fold bag for laundry on the ship.

I am always amazed at all the junk people bring.😂

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Exactly the same as us.

P.S. Fly Eagles Fly (and PLEASE get a defense). Born and raised in the Philly 'burbs myself as was my wife.

If we get someone who can tackle that would be an improvement, my husband can tell you how many times I yelled "stop with the arm tackles that don't work"

15 hours ago, LittleMissMagic said:

And for the evenings, I don't like to carry a purse because I carry a camera, but my dresses don't have pockets for my phone or SeaPass. Enter this adorable Bandolier phone case! It's on a purse chain and can carry my SeaPass. I love it so much, I have it in two different styles.

I got something similar off Amazon and couldn’t be happier.  But I use mine all day, not just in the evenings 😁.

Also a huge fan of the cheap over the door shoe holder. Sounds stupid, but it’s a game changer when u have 2 kids and 2 adults worth of shoes spread all over the floor.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LittleMissMagic said:

Oh, I love this! I, too, used to be anti-lanyard.... but then I realized the practicality of it, so I made a few fashionable adjustments.

My mother came up with this creative idea. It's a stretchy wrist bracelet with a lanyard sleeve so you can wear your SeaPass on your wrist at the pool.

53445619399_34826019ed_c.jpg

My mom gifted them to all of the girls on Rachel's Bachelorette Cruise, and they came in super handy. Prime use case example on Coco Cay -

53589990101_074318c911_c.jpg

52935382062_ec03a4e7e7_c.jpg

Something else that's super handy are these plastic sleeves for your luggage tags. My dad legit used to travel with a stapler to staple these to our bags. This is much easier. They're affordable, and you can reuse on future cruises.

52630236858_6b6fa72769_c.jpg

For stateroom organization, heavy-duty magnetic hooks are really a game changer. I use them to hang necklaces, hats, bags, you name it!

52936373665_6b77225a2f_c.jpg

Where did you get the wrist thing with the sleeve? Were going to the water park and this would be handy 

11 hours ago, cruise1957 said:

If we get someone who can tackle that would be an improvement, my husband can tell you how many times I yelled "stop with the arm tackles that don't work"

You are preaching to the choir. But I believe things will be better this year.  Please?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tatka said:

Agree about meds, especially after being through 3 Covids (5 among us), 1 illness similar to Flu or RSV and 1 Noro on board in the last 3 years.

So Robitussin DM cough and congestion, NyQuil/DayQuil, Imodium... and some other stuff. 

Not fun!!!

I didn’t think of couch medicine. I assume it’s the pill form?  

24 minutes ago, Grankm21 said:

Also a huge fan of the cheap over the door shoe holder. Sounds stupid, but it’s a game changer when u have 2 kids and 2 adults worth of shoes spread all over the floor.

Agree! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Grankm21 said:

Not stupid.  I love using mine when I book smaller cabins.  On really long trips, I will take two of them.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, firstimer2009 said:

You can take whatever you prefer.  The cruise line has no regulations regarding this and if it is packed in a suitcase neither will the airlines. But bringing common OTC medications is wise as they are very expensive in most ports of call and very limited in what will be sold on board.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

You can take whatever you prefer.  The cruise line has no regulations regarding this and if it is packed in a suitcase neither will the airlines. But bringing common OTC medications is wise as they are very expensive in most ports of call and very limited in what will be sold on board.

Yes I became sick with an RSV coughing bug on a Med cruise in 2019.  The whole ship had it.  Only thing I could find at a RX on a little Greek island was honey lemon cough drops.  Will never sail again without a full bag of meds.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, firstimer2009 said:

We use syrups, but I think pills are available

5 hours ago, firstimer2009 said:

Yes I became sick with an RSV coughing bug on a Med cruise in 2019.  The whole ship had it.  Only thing I could find at a RX on a little Greek island was honey lemon cough drops.  Will never sail again without a full bag of meds.

Oh, those too.  🙂

5 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

We learned hard lesson when I suddenly had bad heartburn. Not only prices, but not everything is available.

6 hours ago, Love2cruise-71 said:

Where did you get the wrist thing with the sleeve? Were going to the water park and this would be handy 

Amazon! It's a two separate pieces. The ones I have are "LGEGE 6PCS Stretchable Wristband Wristlet Keychain" combined with "KINGSUM Vertical ID Badge Holders Sealable Waterproof Clear". There's many different sellers offering similar products in different colors/quantities.

Magnets for hanging everything and anything inside cabin

Magnet for door- makes finding my cabin more easier

Medications for everything 

AirPods- not everyone wants to hear the music I like to listen to 

Phone/watch/ AirPod chargers

French Vanilla creamer 

Books for me, adult coloring book and pencils for DH 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 1:18 PM, island lady said:

Our own bar soap...not happy with the chips of soap they give you, and very easy to pack. 

Packs of ones and fives picked up from the bank ahead of time for cash tips.

Didn't mention these, but yep, I bring also. 

1 hour ago, Ozzie26 said:

And ziplocks in every size they make!

I have these as well (all liquids go in them).  I even have a special plastic cushioned pack for my wine bottle when I bring one.  I saw a suitcase (not mine) after a bottle of red wine broke in it.

IPAD (download books before leaving home)

Paperback book to take to pool.

Rasher and Sunscreen.

Many of the other things above as well.

Carry prescription meds with you if you take any, do not pack them.