Blu - Can Jeans be worn at dinner?

RMLLEL

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, bjahil47 said:

On Beyond right now.  They are not enforcing any dress code in Luminae.  Shorts, flip flops, jeans have all been seen in the evening.  

Saw the same on Millie.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

When we sailed in Alaska, there was a posted dress code in the daily.  It said. 'Long sleeved dress shirts'.  I only brought one long sleeved shirt.  I was worried when I wore a short sleeved shirt- but not a problem.  I felt relieved when upon entering the dining room, it looked like a lumberjack convention going on. No utility belts though.     No offense intended to all you lumberjacks or those aspiring to be lumberjacks.......

On 3/15/2024 at 4:30 PM, Stem to Stern said:

According to their website your "jean" does not have to be nice.

On Evening Chic night, the recommendation evolves into "designer jean."

I am not sure why the singular is used in their wording.

FAQs: Dress Code & How to Dress on a Cruise | Celebrity Cruises

Since the original question was about Blu, officially, both Blu and Luminae are smart casual every night. Even though they may try to make you think otherwise.

Specialty Restaurants (Including Luminae for our Suite Class guests and Blu for our AquaClass® Guests):

The dress code in Celebrity’s Specialty Restaurants is Smart Casual for every night of your cruise. Evening Chic attire is only required in the main dining room on your
“Evening Chic nights.”

5 hours ago, keesar said:

When we sailed in Alaska, there was a posted dress code in the daily.  It said. 'Long sleeved dress shirts'.  I only brought one long sleeved shirt.  I was worried when I wore a short sleeved shirt- but not a problem.  I felt relieved when upon entering the dining room, it looked like a lumberjack convention going on. No utility belts though.     No offense intended to all you lumberjacks or those aspiring to be lumberjacks.......

So now I have to dress like a lumberjack to get into a restaurant on a cruise ship?

What is classified as designer jeans?

Designer jeans brands sell high-quality denim apparel with varying material styles, comfort, and elegance. Designer jeans cost a few hundred to a few thousand dollars, depending on the fabric quality and added embellishments.Apr 28, 2023
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sun bum said:
What is classified as designer jeans?

Designer jeans brands sell high-quality denim apparel with varying material styles, comfort, and elegance. Designer jeans cost a few hundred to a few thousand dollars, depending on the fabric quality and added embellishments.Apr 28, 2023

If they have holes, rips, tears then they are designer jeans.  That’s what I learned on CruiseCritic.  😂

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

If they have holes, rips, tears then they are designer jeans.  That’s what I learned on CruiseCritic.  😂

How are designer jeans different from Goodwill jeans?  Asking for a friend ...

On 3/16/2024 at 11:59 AM, sun bum said:

If you would wear jeans to a 5 star restaurant at home, by all means ,wear them. Personally I would not. to each their own

wish jeff ruby would open a place down here in fla. and no we would not wear jeans to it...Come to think of it we dont wear jeans at all, it's too hot most of the year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, retired dude said:

wish jeff ruby would open a place down here in fla. and no we would not wear jeans to it...Come to think of it we dont wear jeans at all, it's too hot most of the year.

The suggested evening dress guidance (especially for the MDR) Celebrity publishes is the only one that matters. What land based restaurants do has nothing to do with Celebrity. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, doghog said:

The suggested evening dress guidance (especially for the MDR) Celebrity publishes is the only one that matters. What land based restaurants do has nothing to do with Celebrity. 

Well you could also say that any policy doesn’t matter if the staff doesn’t enforce it.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Well you could also say that any policy doesn’t matter if the staff doesn’t enforce it.  

And since jeans are allowed, which was the question in this post, there would be nothing for staff to enforce.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, markeb said:

And since jeans are allowed, which was the question in this post, there would be nothing for staff to enforce.

Exactly 

This is not something new

Not sure why the debate 

I’ve been wearing jeans in Blu for years

cheers

3 minutes ago, markeb said:

At this point we are just hoping that people wear clothes 😂

1 minute ago, highway180 said:

Exactly 

This is not something new

Not sure why the debate 

I’ve been wearing jeans in Blu for years

cheers

No one has started a tipping debate for a few days. There has to be something...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, markeb said:

No one has started a tipping debate for a few days. There has to be something...

Do you have to tip on cruises leaving from Southampton?  

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, zitsky said:

I can't and won't say that. Jeans are acceptable in any dining veneu.So the staff is doing their job by not stopping those weraing jeans in the dining venues.  

Edited by doghog

3 hours ago, doghog said:

I can't and won't say that. Jeans are acceptable in any dining veneu.So the staff is doing their job by not stopping those weraing jeans in the dining venues.  

If Celebrity decided to change the policy and not allow jeans, would you care?

8 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

So if you don't have "designer" jeans what do you wear?

Still not sure what designer jeans are ...

I wasn’t joking about ripped “designer” jeans.

Are these jeans ok for the dining room?

IMG_3246.webp

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, zitsky said:

If Celebrity decided to change the policy and not allow jeans, would you care?

Absoultly not! Why? Would you care?

Edited by doghog