Blu - Can Jeans be worn at dinner?

RMLLEL

4 hours ago, doghog said:

Absoultly not! Why? Would you care?

I think jeans should not be in the dress code.  Definitely not ripped jeans as some posters in the past claimed were ok because they were “designer”.

I think jeans are subjective.  So Celebrity might allow someone in ripped designer jeans but my relaxed and worn jeans might not be ok?

It’s not hard at all to dress up like an adult.  People can be an individual on their own time.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, zitsky said:

I think jeans should not be in the dress code.  Definitely not ripped jeans as some posters in the past claimed were ok because they were “designer”.

I think jeans are subjective.  So Celebrity might allow someone in ripped designer jeans but my relaxed and worn jeans might not be ok?

It’s not hard at all to dress up like an adult.  People can be an individual on their own time.

Dosn't bother me (us) what Celebrity IDs as acceptable in their suggested dress guidelines for the evening, especially in the MDR. I always take Levi Strauss to wear in port on our cold weather cruises. I don't wear them in the evening but thats my choice and wouldn't be concerned what others may think even if I were to wear them in the evening in the MDR. We've experienced a loud mouth nosey busybody on one of our cruises. We were wearing formal wear on a casul evening. Of course I called her out on it. Goes both ways. People need to mind their own business!!

Edited by doghog
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, doghog said:

Dosn't bother me (us) what Celebrity IDs as acceptable in their suggested dress guidelines for the evening, especially in the MDR. I always take Levi Strauss to wear in port on our cold weather cruises. I don't wear them in the evening but thats my choice and wouldn't be concerned what others may think even if I were to wear them in the evening in the MDR. We've experienced a loud mouth nosey busybody on one of our cruises. We were wearing formal wear on a casul evening. Of course I called her out on it. Goes both ways. People need to mind their own business!!

Ok then.  I’m glad you won’t be joining the conversations about how we all need to be “real” people by dressing down at dinner.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, zitsky said:

I wasn’t joking about ripped “designer” jeans.

Are these jeans ok for the dining room?

IMG_3246.webp

High waters?  Is there a flood in the dining room 🤣

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

I think it is rude to say "dress up like an adult".  Jeans are within the dress code. I'm sorry you don't think they are "adult", but it has nothing to do with being an adult.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Ok then.  I’m glad you won’t be joining the conversations about how we all need to be “real” people by dressing down at dinner.

Don't bet on it as you can't speak for me.  

On 3/17/2024 at 6:44 AM, zitsky said:

So now I have to dress like a lumberjack to get into a restaurant on a cruise ship?

So what about the "designer jeans"  where it looks like they got attacked by knife wielding midgets?

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Peteymil said:

I think it is rude to say "dress up like an adult".  Jeans are within the dress code. I'm sorry you don't think they are "adult", but it has nothing to do with being an adult.  

Additionally, my vacation is most definitely “my own time.”  I happen to enjoy being a little dressier on my vacations, but if I had to dress up every day for work, I might prefer to wear more relaxed clothing (within venue guidelines) on the ship.  I would be doing absolutely nothing wrong, immature, or classless. IMO, of course. 

• Like 2

When people wore tuxes onboard was that a requirement?  Were jeans allowed at dinner?

I like how people “express their individuality” by dressing like 5 other people behind them.

4 minutes ago, DWhit said:

At the risk of being banned for stupid puns, I would say it’s OK to wear jeans at Blu, as long as they are “Blu-Jeans”. 

cd c:\Internet Explorer

Delete *.* /y

Format C:\

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 3/16/2024 at 2:38 PM, zitsky said:

Never a second look?  You mean from staff or other pax?  Because my withering gaze is usually enough to burn a hole in most designer jeans.

I have never received a second look from a single person. I don't wear designer jeans; I wear dark blue, with either a golf shirt or a button-down and dress shoes.  

And if it bothers you that bad, I mean this in the nicest way possible: Hate that for you, must suck to live your life worrying about what people wear.  

When we spoke with a Celebrity Rep, we were told that jeans fit within their guidelines. (for TA's and other media) 

Edited by flvol77
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 3/18/2024 at 9:03 PM, NMTraveller said:

So what about the "designer jeans"?

image.jpeg.55eacec61a59c7a0060d56c9de0d7d69.jpeg

On 3/20/2024 at 10:37 PM, DWhit said:

At the risk of being banned for stupid puns

wait, what? 

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

4 hours ago, flvol77 said:

I have never received a second look from a single person. I don't wear designer jeans; I wear dark blue, with either a golf shirt or a button-down and dress shoes.  

And if it bothers you that bad, I mean this in the nicest way possible: Hate that for you, must suck to live your life worrying about what people wear.  

When we spoke with a Celebrity Rep, we were told that jeans fit within their guidelines. (for TA's and other media) 

How do you know whether or not people look at you?  And thanks for the fake concern but my life is just fine.   I do wish I was more like you.

On 3/16/2024 at 11:59 AM, sun bum said:

If you would wear jeans to a 5 star restaurant at home, by all means ,wear them. Personally I would not. to each their own

Cruise ship dining is NOT 5-star dining, not even the specialty restaurants.  Far from it.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, waterbug123 said:

Cruise ship dining is NOT 5-star dining, not even the specialty restaurants.  Far from it.

Ok, anything else you want to say?

On 3/29/2024 at 5:43 AM, flvol77 said:

Exactly!

• Like 1

Never understood why people feel the need to insult each other about what to wear to Blu.

When I was in a full leg cast and was unable to full length pants over my cast the maitre d wrapped me in a table cloth like a kilt.

Sad we feel necessary to challenge the boundaries of everything today.

On 3/29/2024 at 10:06 AM, zitsky said:

How do you know whether or not people look at you?  And thanks for the fake concern but my life is just fine.   I do wish I was more like you.

"Because my withering gaze is usually enough to burn a hole in most designer jeans."

Hmm I think I would know when someone would be giving me a "withering gaze"

It's so fine you worry about people wearing jeans in the Blu on Celebrity in 2024. lol 

On 3/29/2024 at 10:06 AM, zitsky said:

Your life needs more Medications.  OMG, we all wish you were more like the OP

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2024 at 7:24 PM, zitsky said:

Ok, anything else you want to say?

Nope, not unless the poster I was responding to tries again to compare cruise ship dining to a 5 star restaurant. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2024 at 11:36 PM, flvol77 said:

"Because my withering gaze is usually enough to burn a hole in most designer jeans."

Hmm I think I would know when someone would be giving me a "withering gaze"

It's so fine you worry about people wearing jeans in the Blu on Celebrity in 2024. lol 

Please tell me what I should worry about?  Kids in the Solarium?