Trying to be patient but I’m close the the edge

Called Celebrity (Captain’s Club # not like that did any good) to have the b2b credit applied to our 2025 cruises and ensure our Book Later OBC was added since the phone agent who booked last week advised it would take a week or so to apply. So far I have been on the phone for almost 2 hours, first leg invoice went from 3045.00 to 4715.00. No Book Later OBC applied and waiting for a supervisor. (Yes, I know, let a TA deal with it but I’m a control freak until I transfer to a TA) 

Is “you just have to chuckle” appropriate?

To add, this crazy (crappy) customer service is not isolated to Celebrity. Have experienced similar with Princess. I worked for a fortunate 100 company leading the sales department within their call center and it’s a tough customer service world now 🥲 Unfortunately that seems to be the way it is now. 

I’ve learned to call for customer service concerns while in my office getting other stuff done ❤️😂 Happy Cruising!

3 hours ago, Klugslodge1 said:

Called Celebrity (Captain’s Club # not like that did any good) to have the b2b credit applied to our 2025 cruises and ensure our Book Later OBC was added since the phone agent who booked last week advised it would take a week or so to apply. So far I have been on the phone for almost 2 hours, first leg invoice went from 3045.00 to 4715.00. No Book Later OBC applied and waiting for a supervisor. (Yes, I know, let a TA deal with it but I’m a control freak until I transfer to a TA) 

Is “you just have to chuckle” appropriate?

To add, this crazy (crappy) customer service is not isolated to Celebrity. Have experienced similar with Princess. I worked for a fortunate 100 company leading the sales department within their call center and it’s a tough customer service world now 🥲 Unfortunately that seems to be the way it is now. 

I’ve learned to call for customer service concerns while in my office getting other stuff done ❤️😂 Happy Cruising!

Join the club of ...  I feel your pain, but just hold your ground and transfer to a great TA; realize that TA’s are also having many of the same issues.  Many newbies on the ground crew/new hires need training, but there is life after being on hold, it just depends when your hold time equals the amount specified for you.  My TA says she has never encountered so much ....!

Posted (edited)

Think we can form an entire choir.  When possible I book on board and have my booking immediately transferred to my TA.

Some years ago I got a "I gonna get this fixed attitude" and spent hours on the phone with X.  No more.  Not now.  Now ever again.

If there is a problem with my reservation I call my TA, not a big box company, and they handle it.  If they have difficulty fixing things an email to the executive office takes just a few minutes to write and gets a response within about 3 business days.  

My wife said several unkind things to me when I spent all those hours fixing things.

I also kept the direct number of a person in Miami who handled the first big glitch concerning bad info on the X website.  We talk occasionally. 

The other key is remembering that except for missing points the CC rep cannot help.  

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

We started out using a TA when we began cruising.,, but then had many years of luck dealing directly with X..  We decided recently that we will go back to using  a TA  due to X  cust services changes...We  found a nice local agent  with an office nearby who is  associated with a big brand but not big box..We may give them a try..They are eager to help...

We have had good  luck calling X for various issues...prompt answering and knowledgeable reps,.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

And why I don't have a TA at the big box store.

TL;DR

BBTA Customer Service 9 out of 10

Celebrity Customer Service 4 out of 10 (would have been lower except for the 1st rep)

Yes, there is no specific TA at the BBstore, but.....

Based on my recent experiences trying to learn why a reservation transfer request submitted and approved by Celebrity the day after a friend booked the Apex while onboard the Constellation wasn't yet confirmed by the BBTA, Celebrity's customer service fell far short of that from the BBTA. 

The transfer still hasn't occurred despite being told by the 1st Celebrity rep that it would be within 48 hours. So I emailed the BBTA. Not only did I get an email reply, but also a phone call from them. Unfortunately, I was referred back to Celebrity. My second call to them was answered by an unhelpful, unsympathetic guy who told me to wait 5-7 days for my booking to be moved. It still hasn't been, although maybe that was based on my call to him and not the 1st rep on 3/15?.

Edited by TMLAalum

21 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

And why I don't have a TA at the big box store.

I use a bb store TA and I have to say the service has significantly improved.  And yes we are able to get a dedicated agent, at least for the booking part. With Celebrity dropping the significant obc for suites and next to nothing for anyone,  the extra obc we get from our TA makes a big difference. 

• Thanks 1