Going Live on Scenic "Chef's Culinary Adventure of Belgium and the Netherlands with Lynn Crawford and Lora Kirk"

1of4

I’m looking forward to following your ‘Live from…’ adventures while we are floating around the Caribbean.  We have been contemplating a river cruise in conjunction with a family visit in The Netherlands, so this may just clinch this decision. Oh, and by the way, I got my new knee last summer, after a lot of hesitation. So glad I did,  it literally changed my life. Have a wonderful trip, i’ve always followed your posts  when you were still traveling with your children.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ineke said:

I’m looking forward to following your ‘Live from…’ adventures while we are floating around the Caribbean.  We have been contemplating a river cruise in conjunction with a family visit in The Netherlands, so this may just clinch this decision. Oh, and by the way, I got my new knee last summer, after a lot of hesitation. So glad I did,  it literally changed my life. Have a wonderful trip, i’ve always followed your posts  when you were still traveling with your children.

Happy to have you follow along!  I’m sure your weather will be better than ours. Thanks for the encouragement for Rob and getting new knees. I’m sure it will make a world of difference so I’m happy to convey another positive experience. DS will be busy on an expedition but DD, although also busy with exams, is dishing out a dose of guilt that she won’t be joining us. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Things are starting to get serious around here. Piles of clothes and daily necessaries plus just in case pharmaceuticals clutter most surfaces in the bedroom and bathroom. This is the part I dislike the most. All the while a slow moving Colorado low is hitting us for the next 3-4 days bringing high winds, rain and snow. 

I see the temps in Amsterdam are 8-10 degrees C higher than us at the moment but that North Sea winds can’t be ignored!  So our end trip to much warmer Vienna may be in the same clothes for 3 days 😆 as I haven’t dug out my summer clothes yet. Just kidding but it won’t be extensive. 

IMG_6494.png

IMG_6495.png

IMG_6496.png

• Thanks 1

You'll be OK, longer range forecast for next week shows no snow. 🙂  Maybe rain, but temps will be great at 15 or so (up here anyway).  I do understand, we left with the two hurricanes coming up the coast last Sept., and it was a little worrisome. Have a great trip, will look forward to your review.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Busted!  Now I’m getting the corgi stare of disapproval 😂 

IMG_6497.jpeg

Pets are very aware of the departure of their people. 

• Like 2

Mother Nature just made things a bit more difficult. My mind is having trouble sorting out what to pack and the scene outside my window doesn’t make it any easier!

IMG_0183.jpeg

IMG_0184.jpeg

IMG_0187.jpeg

IMG_0188.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My goodness, that is quite a bit of snow. No way we will get this is in April still. We have had snow in April in the past but it is highly unusual. By the time you are in Europe there will be only a minute chance of that happening. Pack for wind, damp, rainy days, early morning chill on excursions if you feel the cold easily. Temperatures are in the double digits during the day and at the weekend Germany and Belgium will have a warm spell. This means sunny days of up to 20 Celsius and potentially above. No winter down jacket or snow boots needed!

notamermaid

• Like 3

@1of4 we got up this morning figuring we lucked out....just a dusting after a very windy night. About 7:00 it started snowing, now we almost have as much as you. Start dreaming of warmer weather, should be along soon. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, notamermaid said:

My goodness, that is quite a bit of snow. No way we will get this is in April still. We have had snow in April in the past but it is highly unusual. By the time you are in Europe there will be only a minute chance of that happening. Pack for wind, damp, rainy days, early morning chill on excursions if you feel the cold easily. Temperatures are in the double digits during the day and at the weekend Germany and Belgium will have a warm spell. This means sunny days of up to 20 Celsius and potentially above. No winter down jacket or snow boots needed!

notamermaid

Great news!  Thanks!

I am sure you know tons of weather report sites and this one is for Germany only, but I like the design. Easy to figure out where Brussels is - basically just off the map to the West of Cologne. We get our weather from the West normally so what is in the Netherlands is at the Rhine twelve hours later. Basic rule.

https://www.dwd.de/EN/weather/weather_climate_local/_node.html

notamermaid

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, notamermaid said:

I am sure you know tons of weather report sites and this one is for Germany only, but I like the design. Easy to figure out where Brussels is - basically just off the map to the West of Cologne. We get our weather from the West normally so what is in the Netherlands is at the Rhine twelve hours later. Basic rule.

https://www.dwd.de/EN/weather/weather_climate_local/_node.html

notamermaid

Thank you. I have been looking at my favourite weather app and looking up Amsterdam and Vienna but this is much better. It will warm up here too, after we leave, but I am having issues remembering those temperatures as I haven’t felt them in 6 months. But with the wind factored in, I should be fine with cotton shirts with or without a sweater under my outside water resistant layer. 

IMG_0812.png

Well in 24 hours we will be on the way to the airport. I’m nearly packed but DH hasn’t even begun. I have printed out itineraries for each suitcase and the dog sitter. Taxes being done. Sewing space emptied as built in storage gets started Monday. I made my purse, my hidden pocket infinity scarf, my tote and dh’s travel sling to wear under his jacket. I just need more medicine for our 14 year old dog, get my last minute items together and get my purse organized. Oh and clean the house 😑

Photoroom_20240325_134402.jpeg

IMG_0142.jpeg

IMG_0144.jpeg

IMG_0034.jpeg

Photoroom_20240307_121658.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Well in 24 hours we will be on the way to the airport. I’m nearly packed but DH hasn’t even begun. I have printed out itineraries for each suitcase and the dog sitter. Taxes being done. Sewing space emptied as built in storage gets started Monday. I made my purse, my hidden pocket infinity scarf, my tote and dh’s travel sling to wear under his jacket. I just need more medicine for our 14 year old dog, get my last minute items together and get my purse organized. Oh and clean the house 😑

Wow.  So much talent.  Those travel items look absolutely great.

Wishing you a safe, smooth and uneventful flight tomorrow.

Edited by cbr663
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Oh and clean the house 😑

Why?  It'll be just as dirty when you get home whether you clean it now or not.

[I tried dusting once.  The blasted stuff came back!  Not going to fool me again...]  🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Why?  It'll be just as dirty when you get home whether you clean it now or not.

[I tried dusting once.  The blasted stuff came back!  Not going to fool me again...]  🤣

Only because our dog sitter will be living here. Otherwise the dust could stay 😆 

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

Only because our dog sitter will be living here. Otherwise the dust could stay 😆 

Sitter's got nothing to do all day, between dog walks.  Set out the cleaning materials and instructions.  Problem solved...  [Follow me for more great advice 🤣]

• Haha 7

Jazz come come my DH has only just realised what the strange couple of ladies who appear regularly in our house are there for, if he finds out what the interesting machines and clothes and cleaning products are for he will then realise why there’s a big hole in his accounts each month. So mums the word! 

• Haha 3

I got back from Amsterdam yesterday after a Viking cruise to many of the same places you are going to.

Weather - very cold vary strong winds an lots of rain, but clearing in the afternoon. Thursday afternoon in Amsterdam was pleasant - sunny and not cold.

Are you actually mooring at Arnhem? Viking sent an update before our cruise substituting Nijmegen for Arnhem. They are quite close and the excursions to Arnhem went ahead, The mooring area at Arnhem is  being developed.

• Thanks 1