Jim_Iain - B2B Sydney - Honolulu - Vancouver

Jim_Iain

19 hours ago, Lastdance said:

This is so true, not to mention keeping one’s core strong.  However, it takes time to stay in shape and do weights, but the rewards are great.  It sadden’s me to see so many people lose precious time due to falls.  I have Vertigo, so now I even focus more on my core and strength.  Sometimes I even have to fall and roll, so I do not get hurt. Lucky me that I am not very tall either. Cruising the world is a workout in itself!🤷‍♀️

Your lucky you learned that.   Last year on rushing out of the house for our Uber I tripped over my suitecase  and mid-air flashed on roll into the fall.  I did a complete summersalt.   Iain looked at me --"What the He11 are you doing".   LOL   That really made me much more aware how quick a fall can happen.

As a matter of fact yesterday when walking up to the Museum, we were at a traffic light and this lady probably mid40's tripped over her suitecase and went flying out into a lane of oncoming cars.   Luckily the car slammed on his break. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

As you may have read.... wasn't smooth and still sitting in port.

Yeah, sorry I didn't see those.  

18 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

I respectfully disagree. QVC (quality, value, convenience) does not sell junk and definitely not junk jewelry. I have been shopping there for 35 years and all quality stuff 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sorry did not want to offend.    My ex-wife after we divorced blew her total have of the settlement on the sale of our house on that site and had to file for bankruptcy.   Shall we say she was addicted.   She died recently and I was helping my daughters sort through all the stuff -- probably 700 pounds of STUFF - most never out of their original packaging.   I'm sure they have great deals buts boy did she have lots of junk jewelry.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Can you post the itinerary/schedule published in your Celebrity Today?

I always put a copy in my Favorites. 

IMG_3566.thumb.jpeg.da61b9636a5ecf1ebd83b2dd2cbf2e7d.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, champagnecruiser said:

Good morning Sydney! Just before 10pm here in the U.K. Jim.

Thoroughly enjoying the photos and news of your trip!
You and Iain have so many exciting twists and turns on your vacations!
I’m remembering the passport situation then the Coronavirus and then the weather affecting your trip to join a ship in Fort Lauderdale!
Never a dull moment!
Hopefully you are both doing okay and fingers crossed you get away safely today!
Elizabeth

Makes for good story.    It's incredible how people around all of us on CC when something happens.   Everyone can be so helpful.

It helps to pay thing forward.    A member contacted me just before the cruise that she needed something from Amazon -  she will be joining in Hawaii.    Her son lives in Sunnyvale so could drop it off.    As expected it was delayed and arrived 2 hours before we left for the airport.   He hopped on his bike and got it to us in record time.

Then ----- many may have read about me forgetting my Melatonin and them not selling it except by prescription in Australia.    Again someone came to my rescue and dropped by yesterday with enough supply to get me through.    

Thank you Bill !

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Sorry did not want to offend.    My ex-wife after we divorced blew her total have of the settlement on the sale of our house on that site and had to file for bankruptcy.   Shall we say she was addicted.   She died recently and I was helping my daughters sort through all the stuff -- probably 700 pounds of STUFF - most never out of their original packaging.   I'm sure they have great deals buts boy did she have lots of junk jewelry.  

Some people unfortunately just like having stuff. For the first 2 years of going to my in laws I didn't know they had a snooker table because it was under a pile of things.

My father in law still lives in the house and he's 93, I already said to Mike he better know where his dad kept all his paper work because one day he'll need to go through it all. I had the same thing with my uncle when he passed, he lived in the flat I grew up in and he moved the will and I spent a week searching for it in piles of rubbish

• Like 1

No update yet.    I don't know how they handled it but they opened up the gangways yesterday and Guests and Crew allowed to go ashore with a new all aboard by,  I believer 8:30 AM. 

We are suppose to get an update around 9:00 -  Should be a go!

Looking out from our deck I don't even see a tree leaf blowing.   It is a beautiful morning with just bit of low clouds -- probably marine layer

We will be skipping Lifou, Loyalty Island.  

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Some people unfortunately just like having stuff. For the first 2 years of going to my in laws I didn't know they had a snooker table because it was under a pile of things.

My father in law still lives in the house and he's 93, I already said to Mike he better know where his dad kept all his paper work because one day he'll need to go through it all. I had the same thing with my uncle when he passed, he lived in the flat I grew up in and he moved the will and I spent a week searching for it in piles of rubbish

Believe me she was into STUFF.   Hoarder would be a better description.   Her husband had asked me to help clean the stuff out.    Initially my daughter were going piece by piece each selecting pieces they wanted. By the second day the were going hand full by hand full and box my box.    She had one room she called her Jewelry room with over 100 Jewelry Boxes and bins of Stuff never out of their box. 

Her husband told me he knew she was a hoarder but just couldn't say no.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Believe me she was into STUFF.   Hoarder would be a better description.   Her husband had asked me to help clean the stuff out.    Initially my daughter were going piece by piece each selecting pieces they wanted. By the second day the were going hand full by hand full and box my box.    She had one room she called her Jewelry room with over 100 Jewelry Boxes and bins of Stuff never out of their box. 

Her husband told me he knew she was a hoarder but just couldn't say no.

We are not hoarders but after 40  yrs in our modest size house,  we battle constantly against clutter..  we are not paperless, plus  lots of kiddie toys b/c we watch our grands often.. Making progress...I think!

Told our dtr she can store whatever she wants in our attic.. after we are gone she  and her husb can clear it out! 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Time to catch up. 

After dropping our luggage we wandered around the Rocks.  We were looking to a place we had lunch about 30years ago.... of course long gone.  So many memories.

We grabbed a Cappuccino at a really cute Italian Coffee Shop... Definitely gave me a much needed caffeine fix. 

I might have mentioned that on Monday we went to Hermes to pick up some of Iain's Favorite Fragrances.    It was jammed and we were not about to stand in line for 45 minutes to give them our money. 

As it was on the way up to Art Gallery NSW we decided to go past it on King Street

No line and they almost bowed down to him when he walked in.   I stayed outside and noticed a sign by me for people with appointments or pickup orders... hmmm..  why didn't we notice that before

IMG_3497.thumb.jpeg.80abe40b051e423ec225066f035b727a.jpeg

IMG_3498.thumb.jpeg.a2edac1611347fb6deff365d096cd08d.jpeg

IMG_3500.thumb.jpeg.b0ffce21f9598b2dff7e1c886ed5dbaa.jpeg

IMG_3501.thumb.jpeg.7b699a752926c0bb9312c9cfddf54a31.jpeg

IMG_3506.thumb.jpeg.66d1034fcc549e3b4a649f3e072ce849.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 22

Posted (edited)

We had enough time to leisurely stop by Victoria Park -  past the Barracks and though the Botanic Gardens  

IMG_3510.thumb.jpeg.0872777c58c1d6e737fac960813a6f7f.jpeg

IMG_3517.thumb.jpeg.0baaf65793e9d92144a2348ae79f34b7.jpeg

IMG_3518.thumb.jpeg.7652226f55d195453f64bce44f6cf9e3.jpeg

IMG_3519.thumb.jpeg.da322e4d6e46c2c0b73acb85fb1cd6ff.jpeg

IMG_3521.thumb.jpeg.649c3a5f7b7be35f3b68703b97c202c9.jpeg

IMG_3524.thumb.jpeg.a19e89416a530a54600f773df089386f.jpeg

IMG_3525.thumb.jpeg.0d5dd4277ab57d7a5303b8b5289cdf6d.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 16

Posted (edited)

We were meeting a long time friend.   Jenny is a member of CC and we haven't seen her in about 30 years.   She hasn't changed a bit and was so fun just catching up.    I won't post your picture Jenny.... she never posts her pictures on CC.    She's a big SilverSeas cruiser.

We went to Crafted by Matt Moran at Art Gallery NAS.   

image.png.079bcd778bce5b32b6c8cd80c09156aa.png

image.thumb.png.18c9c3219d087ba9e1415c65090a7a2f.png

image.thumb.png.34308b51607cafe41d3fe71fff45ecc2.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 12

You have a fantastic itinerary on this crossing, even with skipping Loyalty Island! And it’s nice that Celebrity gave you an overnight in Honolulu to replace Maui after the devastating fires.  We aren’t so lucky on our upcoming TP on Edge - we received nothing to replace Maui except another day at sea…..

10 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

What can I say --- Incredible food and Incredible company.

2024-04-10_7-39-22.thumb.jpg.185a5c6ddbb78b50e75d1ccaf8e54dd3.jpg

2024-04-10_7-40-09.jpg

IMG_3534.thumb.jpeg.b58004c09e1afa47bbe8d75da63ecc89.jpeg

IMG_3535.thumb.jpeg.afa9b3dc26d8e0d614af51c3daa95492.jpeg

IMG_3536.thumb.jpeg.62065c1a98f9d26ed1a8905b542ec75a.jpeg

Wow this all looks wonderful!! I bet it tasted even better!!!  

I love your pictures of doors everywhere!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Makes for good story.    It's incredible how people around all of us on CC when something happens.   Everyone can be so helpful.

It helps to pay thing forward.    A member contacted me just before the cruise that she needed something from Amazon -  she will be joining in Hawaii.    Her son lives in Sunnyvale so could drop it off.    As expected it was delayed and arrived 2 hours before we left for the airport.   He hopped on his bike and got it to us in record time.

Then ----- many may have read about me forgetting my Melatonin and them not selling it except by prescription in Australia.    Again someone came to my rescue and dropped by yesterday with enough supply to get me through.    

Thank you Bill !

Celebrity cruisers are awesome.  During the pandemic when I was having a problem getting a Covid test, a woman on my roll call offered to take me to a place in Boston when I arrived there.  Fortunately, I finally got a test in Florida.  And, once upon a time, when I was having a hard time finding a private tour in Prince Edward Island, a cruiser who lived there said he would take me out for the day.  Had a wonderful time.  I did not know either of these people personally.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisingxpert said:

It looks amazing.  Can you tell us what the dishes are?

IMG_3569.thumb.png.c7a50d7f6d36cf84a7d3c6f28f6de9f4.png

We had 

Sydney rock oysters, natural with lemon gf df uf. 

Crab slider, lemon mayo, pickles

Aperitivo plate - Jamon Serrano, chorizo pamplona, pickles, grissini

Hiramasa kingfish crudo, verjuice, basil gf df

Jenny had a Vegan Pasta with Spinach, Tomatoes and other things

Tiramisu

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1