Jim_Iain - B2B Sydney - Honolulu - Vancouver

Jim_Iain

On 4/15/2024 at 2:05 AM, kwokpot said:

In 2018 when we did a reverse itinerary on Royal our stop in Fiji was at the port of Suva, on the southeastern coast of the island. In any case rather than try to do a day at a high end resort,which we kinda did during our Maui port stop, we did a tour to visit a local Fijian village. It was a wonderful way to see how real Fijians live. We got to see the types of houses they  lived in and were treated to a ceremonial dance and how the drink kava was made ( no,we didn't try the kava). We felt it was a worthwhile tour and would recommend something similar for anyone visiting Fiji.

On another note as we were venturing from the port to the village it was noted that Fiji had hired China to build out its transportation infrastructure. They were building for Fiji a whole highway system. It was pretty remarkable. 

I think we visited a similar visit today.....  I again was again appointed the Chief. 

Of course Iain missed shooting my Ceremony.  

• Like 5

10 hours ago, hcat said:

beautiful natural surroundings but seems very poor..run down buildings & lack of basic amenities

That is much of Fiji.    Most of the villages are 100% self sufficient. 

Based on a variety of sources and calculations, it has been estimated that the average monthly salary after tax in Fiji is approximately FJD 1,200. This means that the average annual salary would be around FJD 14,400 (about USD $6,000)   

I do have to say they are some of the friendliness people you will ever meet.    BTW -  The population of Fiji is 929,000 -   They so want to break the 1 Million mark.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, CardowMD said:

@Jim_Iain these phots make these deprived area look alive and vibrant. . Where these taken from your iPhone or experimenting on your new devices. Not sure what settings you are using.the color saturation is just incredible. What settings are u using on your phone?

Most of my photos posted on CC are from my iPhone 15 Pro Max while about 50% of the movies on my youtube channel are 50% Phone and GoPro.  

Will have to see how things turned out today.    I went swimming in a pool under a waterfall and took my GoPro for a swim.

• Like 6

it took me a week to catch up, loving your trip report as usual and all of the details, we want to do a transpacific at some point and you really convince me that we also need a week in Sydney. (we really need to retire).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Most of my photos posted on CC are from my iPhone 15 Pro Max while about 50% of the movies on my youtube channel are 50% Phone and GoPro.  

Will have to see how things turned out today.    I went swimming in a pool under a waterfall and took my GoPro for a swim.

Enjoying watching the videos, thanks !

mac_tlc

• Like 1

Really enjoying all your photos and looking forward to seeing suva.  I've never been before but will be there soon.  I think we get to apia the day after you.  This is currently my view from the Sapphire princess.  Pacific is like a giant lake.

17133132816793316776296131534970.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Gaynors said:

Really enjoying all your photos and looking forward to seeing suva.  I've never been before but will be there soon.  I think we get to apia the day after you.  This is currently my view from the Sapphire princess.  Pacific is like a giant lake.

You will have to give us a weather prediction.    We are suppose to have light rain from the forecasts I'm seeing.

The second half of yesterday, we went to the Suva National Forest and took a swim at the waterfall.    Being a hot day, it was really refreshing.

• Like 20

8 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You will have to give us a weather prediction.    We are suppose to have light rain from the forecasts I'm seeing.

We are still one sea day away from apia but have had smooth seas, partly cloudy and very warm.  When they give the forecast it's been chance of rain every day but we haven't had any.  However, we are in the tropics so I think some showers are always possible.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Re:  my Travel with Jim_Iain  - posts..   There's a link in my signature that should help.

no..if not on Facebook..no access! But the click on Link is great..thanks

Edited by hcat

24 minutes ago, Gaynors said:

We are still one sea day away from apia but have had smooth seas, partly cloudy and very warm.  When they give the forecast it's been chance of rain every day but we haven't had any.  However, we are in the tropics so I think some showers are always possible.

I think we will be sending you the forecast we are due tomorrow morning April 18th at 0800.  Followed by Pago Pago on April 18th-- (next day after going back in time by one day). 

4 hours ago, Gaynors said:

@Gaynors

We have good friends on your ship! I hope you get to meet Jim and Cheryl 😁

Aloha from Maui 🌺Kelley & Dan 🌺 

received_867845401815162.jpeg

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think we will be sending you the forecast we are due tomorrow morning April 18th at 0800.  Followed by Pago Pago on April 18th-- (next day after going back in time by one day). 

Funny, we will be in Apia on the 19th and Pago Pago on the 19th.  Just a day behind you.

6 minutes ago, Maui4us said:

@Gaynors

We have good friends on your ship! I hope you get to meet Jim and Cheryl 😁

Aloha from Maui 🌺Kelley & Dan 🌺 

received_867845401815162.jpeg

I'll have to keep an eye out for them.  Amazing we've already been on the ship 12 days and we still keep seeing people we haven't seen before but also keep running into the same people too😂.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Gaynors said:

I'll have to keep an eye out for them.  Amazing we've already been on the ship 12 days and we still keep seeing people we haven't seen before but also keep running into the same people too😂.

Great! If the ship has Ukulele lessons, they will be there 🤩

• Like 1

22 hours ago, swigso said:

Hi Jim

can you please post links to you Facebook and YouTube pages

many thanks

I'm not permitted to advertise on CC but there is a link in my signature

• Like 1