Jim_Iain - B2B Sydney - Honolulu - Vancouver

Jim_Iain

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Do you think it’s a sign of age ?
My husband will only go from Southampton now.

I am sure that’s true along with other factors mentioned.  My DH and I tried the Caribbean again last December, but now we are sticking with Europe and other itineraries until we just can’t anymore.  We have two cruises from Southampton next year, but have long flights.  We still want interesting ports, lots of history, culture and the feel of being abroad.  In addition, due to airfare and such, only three cruises next year for us, with two the following year.  I guess less will be our new more, so quality vs quantity.  

• Like 6

5 hours ago, cruisegirlppp said:

Loved the Thursday Murder Club books. I also enjoyed the SJ Bennett books (Windsor Knot etc.)  but I'm not sure how she is regarded in your part of the world as she fictionalizes the Queen. 

Loved the SJ Bennett books.  I thought Thursday Murder Club was pretty boring.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CardowMD said:

@Jim_Iain The colors on your photos from Fiji were spectacular. Where these taken from your iPhone or experimenting on your new devices. Not sure what settings you are using.

All of those were taken with my iPhone.   I am working on a video I'll post on my FB Travel With Jim_Iain.    I did cut one video when I was propositioned by a a Transvestite.... My jaw was probably dragging on the sidewalk.

• Like 5
  • Haha 15

7 hours ago, catspaw1 said:

Jim, loved your pics of Fiji. It doesn't look like a great port. Was there any beach snorkeling you could have gone too?

They did put on some busses to a resort -- 1 hour drive and had to have tickets for a 2 hours time slot.    The warned us against the beaches as it was Sunday and local beaches would be crowded.

Today we are off to the inland on a small group 4 wheel drive jeep expedition.   We meet at 8:15 so you can only understand getting Ol' Grump before  his fist cup of tea.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Agreed…the port pictures are the best…rugged, raw, and real…best of the bunch as far as I’m concerned. 

So far it was a real hunt to find much color.   May also have been it was Sunday and all the stores were closed.       I saw more interesting shots outside the port.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, catspaw1 said:

It doesn't look like an enticing port. I was expecting much more. I always heard the snorkeling/diving was good but don't know if you need to take a boat to access the reef. Sometimes it's easier & a lot cheaper to do beach snorkeling. But don't know if that's possible in Fiji. Anyone know?

May be you would need an excursion.   We passed the reefs coming in and were out quite a bit and were really beautiful from the ship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kwotpot, touring a local village sounds like a great idea & I would definitely consider doing that. I would prefer snorkeling & would look at a snorkel/ dive boat if no on shore snorkeling. 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2024 at 3:21 AM, Jim_Iain said:

On the way back to port saw some interesting sight,  so walked out of the port to shot some sights. 

IMG_3774.thumb.jpeg.89013a973f139dffec2c57815333302b.jpeg

IMG_3776.thumb.jpeg.af8e7c347a414faf15d511904c7a71f3.jpeg

IMG_3777.thumb.jpeg.4418a1a7561a3d5e4a367dbd733f4aad.jpeg

IMG_3778.thumb.jpeg.dcd46d4ea33fd16d876ab2b5a97423d5.jpeg

IMG_3780.thumb.jpeg.3dcad63fbe767c16fd256675768b6fad.jpeg

IMG_3781.thumb.jpeg.bbeaf090658bb761e8b5d078cae7eed0.jpeg

IMG_3783.thumb.jpeg.99cef6854b41e7e47141b679fd5a9c2f.jpeg

IMG_3784.thumb.jpeg.d146a82e80ffd1d95637b8e298708ad4.jpeg

IMG_3786.thumb.jpeg.9c5dde6472abfedd9119d5dd061f88ad.jpeg

IMG_3789.thumb.jpeg.543b2a3e4b0534400480ebd300072f23.jpeg

IMG_3794.thumb.jpeg.5907b096445899ae9d629145b006f230.jpeg

Your photos are amazing, thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 6:35 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

That's hysterical.  Perhaps they have realized the error of their ways.  Or, the new designer could be worse?  Hard to imagine, but I suppose it's possible.  What a laugh that it's a selling point that it wasn't designed by Kelly Hoppen.  I'll reserve judgment until I see the actual new designs.

We have a b2b booked on Connie MardiGras & followon Western Carib. Several new ports). It’s not till 2026 but just hoping the showers have doors not curtains!  I was very pleased to see ‘not designed by Kelly Hoppen’. Worst chairs ever!

• Like 4

On 4/13/2024 at 8:35 PM, hcat said:

Not sure if this was an open invite but  Charla..  Gen X , and Jeremy were very interested in the ABC itin..

Thought we might join them but never connected.  Maybe you can reach out and see if they might join?,

Open to all. Just booked the 8 day 4/4/2026 Silhouette to ABC islands. May add the preceding 6 day, or look to something else for a S2S. 

Oceania Allura transatlantic on 4/14/26 is intriguing. 

mac_tlc

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have finally caught up!  Once again you have triumphed in a wonderful narrative and beautiful photos.  Even though I am physically in the NM, I have the opportunity to be on board with you🤣.

My DH and I are planning travel on Solstice TP in 2026--can't wait!  It's so exciting to see the preview.

On previous cruises, we were lucky to have Bart as our butler.  Please, if it isn't any problem, send him regards from Robin and Frank.  My husband will be tickled pink when I tell him that Bart is on Solstice now.  They often message each other on WhatsApp.  

Continue to enjoy...

5 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Open to all. Just booked the 8 day 4/4/2026 Silhouette to ABC islands. May add the preceding 6 day, or look to something else for a S2S. 

Oceania Allura transatlantic on 4/14/26 is intriguing. 

mac_tlc

Would love to go but we leave Fl in mid March  through May for Family birthdays.. will look for your review..We are booked on Silho for a short cruise in mid Dec 2024...to see how we like Concierge Class.. ( have not been on her for so many years!)

1 hour ago, peanut head said:

On previous cruises, we were lucky to have Bart as our butler.  Please, if it isn't any problem, send him regards from Robin and Frank.  My husband will be tickled pink when I tell him that Bart is on Solstice now.  They often message each other on WhatsApp.  

Continue to enjoy...

Bart is definitely a keeper... very attentive to our every need.

27 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Bart is definitely a keeper... very attentive to our every need.

...and very tall😁, but seeing your height in the pictures I guess that the 2 of you see eye to eye🙃

• Haha 1

Things may be rundown but what I like is to see the simple life how it really is. The people are generally happy and proud living with what they have.   Not all of Fiji are the beautiful resorts that you see in photos and cater to the rich tourists. 

• Like 10

@Jim_Iain these phots make these deprived area look alive and vibrant. . Where these taken from your iPhone or experimenting on your new devices. Not sure what settings you are using.the color saturation is just incredible. What settings are u using on your phone?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

IMG_3836.jpeg.9099f441dd446121020453bf761f8bd6.jpeg

The rooster (chicken?) part of this looks like a painting, especially the darker bluish feathers on it's back.  Love this picture!  I keep looking at it again thinking maybe you did actually take a photo of a picture LOL

Edited by poffles
  • Like 2

On 4/15/2024 at 12:18 AM, catspaw1 said:

It doesn't look like an enticing port. I was expecting much more. I always heard the snorkeling/diving was good but don't know if you need to take a boat to access the reef. Sometimes it's easier & a lot cheaper to do beach snorkeling. But don't know if that's possible in Fiji. Anyone know?

Suva is so much more developed.   As the Capital City -  there are shopping malls, Embassies etc...etc..

Stay tuned..... I'll be posting some pictures and will upload a video to Travel With Jim_Iain -  I have a lot of footage so will take me awhile to produce it.

• Like 11