Shade on Retreat sun deck on Eclipse

chamima

1 minute ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Yes

Thank you.

Thinking of upgrading to a suite but I need to stay out of the sun. I didn't think there were any on the revamped ships so this is good news. Are there many, a few, just a couple?

28 minutes ago, chamima said:

Thank you.

Thinking of upgrading to a suite but I need to stay out of the sun. I didn't think there were any on the revamped ships so this is good news. Are there many, a few, just a couple?

The Eclipse does not have a Retreat Sundeck.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The benefit  of a suite on that ship is a larger cabin, Michaels club, and Luminae, plus the  easy embarkation.   There are also other perks and private events in Michaels.  You also get the premium bev pack and internet.  

We like suites but our next cruise is in a veranda.   We couldn’t justify the big difference in cost.   It is over $2,000 pp for a 7 day cruise after adding the option of the classic drink pack and WiFi, and upgrading to the premium pack that was on sale.  Our last cruise was in a suite and most times for dinner we ordered from the MDR or Blu menu.  

We could also add the unlimited dining pack and still be way ahead. 

Suites aren’t selling out like they use to.   You have to do a 10% deposit, and gratuities, and SBC are not included in the price like there use to be.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chamima said:

I think I already know the answer to this but are there any loungers in the shade on the Retreat sun deck on the Eclipse?

No because there is no Retreat Sundeck

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, celebrity cruiser said:

This article mentions that the Solstice deck has been converted to the Retreat sundeck.

Is that no true?

https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Celebrity-Eclipse-631/deck16-564

I'm curious about this, too, as we are on and didn't think that there were any daybeds, lounge beds, or Retreat Bar on the Retreat Deck?

22 minutes ago, celebrity cruiser said:

This article mentions that the Solstice deck has been converted to the Retreat sundeck.

Is that no true?

https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Celebrity-Eclipse-631/deck16-564

image.png.3fb6f42f6db362b90037e3bed4f0b860.png

Is it possible this is one of those articles that was based on what was supposed to happen pre-covid, but didn't end up happening?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

I'm curious about this, too, as we are on and didn't think that there were any daybeds, lounge beds, or Retreat Bar on the Retreat Deck?

Are you currently on the Eclipse?

Is there a Retreat Sun Deck? (If there are no lounge beds then what would constitute a "sun deck"?)

Looking at the Celebrity site under Ships the section on Eclipse does not mention or have photos of a Retreat Sundeck.  The photos all the look of a unrevolutionized ship.  I also looked at the Silhouette and the Retreat section on that ships page shows the revolutionized ship.

We are on the Eclipse in the fall and don’t expect a updated ship.