Which cruise location had the clearest beach water you've seen?

Some of the clearest water I ever swam in was in the Florida Keys.  I've seen it at times where the water was so clear, it looked like my boat was floating on air.  But those spots shall remain a secret to cruise guests. 😉  Besides, you would need a boat to get to them.  

The Bahamas comes to mind for really light turquoise waters, and Bonaire for crystal clear blue water.  

1 minute ago, Aquahound said:

Some of the clearest water I ever swam in was in the Florida Keys.  I've seen it at times where the water was so clear, it looked like my boat was floating on air.  But those spots shall remain a secret to cruise guests. 😉  Besides, you would need a boat to get to them.  

The Bahamas comes to mind for really light turquoise waters, and Bonaire for crystal clear blue water.  

Same with the color of Lake Tahoe. They say that the color of the water is determined by the color of the sky. Not accessible by a boat 🙂

Moorea, French Polynesia.

I have been trying for 40 years to find the same in the Caribbean and Meditteranean but failed.

Clear and gorgeous yes all over but not like Moorea.

I hope to go back before it’s too late

Pat

When one has mostly traveled in the Caribbean, it is easy to think that is where to find the best beaches and water.  But once one has moved around the world, the Caribbean cannot compete with places in Australia, the South Pacific, some of the Indian Ocean islands, etc.  There are also some amazing beaches/waters in Southeast Asia.  The best in the world?  After more than 50 years of exploring, we have yet to find perfection.

Hank

4 hours ago, Hlitner said:

When one has mostly traveled in the Caribbean, it is easy to think that is where to find the best beaches and water.  But once one has moved around the world, the Caribbean cannot compete with places in Australia, the South Pacific, some of the Indian Ocean islands, etc.  There are also some amazing beaches/waters in Southeast Asia.  The best in the world?  After more than 50 years of exploring, we have yet to find perfection.

Hank

😎

IMG_7347.jpeg

Ah, well, let me tell you, one place with incredibly clear beach water is Bora Bora in French Polynesia. The lagoon there is just unreal so crystal-clear and calm, it's like swimming in a giant aquarium. It's one of those places you just have to see to believe. Have you ever been lucky enough to visit Bora Bora or seen pictures of its stunning beaches?

22 minutes ago, Mutinyintl said:

Ah, well, let me tell you, one place with incredibly clear beach water is Bora Bora in French Polynesia. The lagoon there is just unreal so crystal-clear and calm, it's like swimming in a giant aquarium. It's one of those places you just have to see to believe. Have you ever been lucky enough to visit Bora Bora or seen pictures of its stunning beaches?

Patrick Tairua, Bora Bora native and owner of ultra-popular Maohi Nui Tours as he motors across the lagoon in front of the iconic twin-peaked extinct volcano, Mount Pahia. 

IMG_4225.jpeg

A fun sub topic (beaches).  My own personal favorite beach, in the world, is often called Shipwreck Beach (its real name is Navigio Beach) on the Greek Island of Zakynthos.  It can only be reached by small boat (there is also a viewing location on the cliff overhead).  What makes that beach so special is not the sand or the water, but the overall setting and its isolation.

Hank