P&O vs Fred

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Yeah, we definitely need more sophisticated entertainment like Princess, who's daytime schedule includes making paper aeroplanes and throwing them about the atrium... 😂

There is enough to do on these ships to avoid the Butlins brigade, I have never heard the cocktail pianist in the Crows Nest shout 'are you having a good time'... 

Each to their own. 

Andy 

The paper planes in the Atrium is something to be avoided along with the egg drop and Giant Jenga.  My biggest whinge about Princess is the number of people who sit in the Atrium all day and leave their belongings on chairs and tables for hours so preventing those who want to buy a drink while watching the entertainment finding anywhere to sit.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

You do realise that we never hear those things, because we go on the more sophisticated p&o cruises away from the mob 

I don't mind the ents manager asking us if we have had an enjoyable day ashore in wherever, but dislike them asking if we are having a good time on board, and mostly on recent cruises they don't.

14 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I don't mind the ents manager asking us if we have had an enjoyable day ashore in wherever, but dislike them asking if we are having a good time on board, and mostly on recent cruises they don't.

So you dislike giving feedback if asked the question are you having a good time, I prefer to give feedback at the time but each there own.

As an introvert, the thing that annoys me is so many of the entertainers encouraging the audience to sing along to some of the songs and even to stand up. All I want to do by way of audience interaction is to applaud and laugh as appropriate. Anyway, my singing is truly dreadful.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Just back from Bolette and really did have a good time.  The ship is very nice with lots of good bars.  The food was definitely better than P&O, far more choice.  We also ate in Colours one evening and that was very good too.  We had 2 Captains party with lots of drinks and lovely canapes.  The theatre company was very good and the Ents Manager was very professional and excellent.  None of the "Are we all having a lovely time" stuff that you hear these days.

We did 2 private excursions, one in the Azores and one in Madeira and I would definitely recommend both.  No coaches for us.  We had a private vehicle and super driver on both islands.   

Have you tried Virgin yet ?. They are adult only.

59 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

So you dislike giving feedback if asked the question are you having a good time, I prefer to give feedback at the time but each there own.

When they ask...Are you having a good time..you could stand up with your list...well bazza, water was only cold this morning,  3 lifts were out of order  toast was like cardboard....etc. He might not ask again.

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, zap99 said:

When they ask...Are you having a good time..you could stand up with your list...well bazza, water was only cold this morning,  3 lifts were out of order  toast was like cardboard....etc. He might not ask again.

That would be my reply, if I have a problem I would tell them not wait to post on here.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

That would be my reply, if I have a problem I would tell them not wait to post on here.

Like you I give feedback, good or bad while onboard but not in response to the Ents manager in the theatre. I don’t think I have ver seen anyone stand up and say “no”.

Sometimes immediate feedback is simply ignored anyway making it a complete waste of breathe.

We stopped at the desk to speak to the Maitre,d to give very positive feedback about our waiters in fixed dining (having been moved from freedom days before as it was nothing but long waits) and she all but ignored us. We gave the names I suspect they went in one ear and put the other.

I used to give feedback on the survey post cruise but I haven’t had one of them since before the pandemic. Do they still do them?

2 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Like you I give feedback, good or bad while onboard but not in response to the Ents manager in the theatre. I don’t think I have ver seen anyone stand up and say “no”.

Sometimes immediate feedback is simply ignored anyway making it a complete waste of breathe.

We stopped at the desk to speak to the Maitre,d to give very positive feedback about our waiters in fixed dining (having been moved from freedom days before as it was nothing but long waits) and she all but ignored us. We gave the names I suspect they went in one ear and put the other.

I used to give feedback on the survey post cruise but I haven’t had one of them since before the pandemic. Do they still do them?

I prefer to give benefit of doubt to whoever asks me my opinion, because I would have no idea if they have been asked to collect feedback.

6 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

I prefer to give benefit of doubt to whoever asks me my opinion, because I would have no idea if they have been asked to collect feedback.

Surely listening to feedback is part of good customer service and part of a managers role?

anyway each to their own.

I commented on FB Messenger how good the Ents Manager was and they came back almost immediately saying they would pass it on and ensure he got recognition.

So Arcadia next in October.  Will see how it compares 🙂

22 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Surely listening to feedback is part of good customer service and part of a managers role?

anyway each to their own.

That is correct ask the question then pass it on

But like you say each to their own

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Not had one post covid despite 14 cruises. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

They do exist but are few and far between. We had the full questionnaire after our 65 nighter. I diligently filled it all in, but in all honesty I don’t think there’s a shred of evidence to suggest that they take a blind bit of notice of them, which I guess is why they’ve cut right back on them!

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

They do exist but are few and far between. We had the full questionnaire after our 65 nighter. I diligently filled it all in, but in all honesty I don’t think there’s a shred of evidence to suggest that they take a blind bit of notice of them, which I guess is why they’ve cut right back on them!

We have had the full questionnaires for our last 3 cruises.

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We have had the full questionnaires for our last 3 cruises.

You must be special.

We have had none and neither have any of our travelling companions.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

You must be special.

We have had none and neither have any of our travelling companions.

We had one after spending most of Friday trying to get through to customer services, I actually thought someone was pulling my leg.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, happy v said:

Leon de S.C. Told us on our cruise you only received them if you are signed up for marketing 

We certainly get enough and very regular marketing….but no surveys and we always got them in the past.

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

We certainly get enough and very regular marketing….but no surveys and we always got them in the past.

We also receive postal advertising.

I thought it must mean if you tick the box for no emails and other companies because I would have ticked that if it was an option.

17 minutes ago, happy v said:

Leon de S.C. Told us on our cruise you only received them if you are signed up for marketing 

Well we have never had a moments magazine, or a Calendar or any other sort of gift, and I doubt I am signed up for marketing, so seems Leon does not realise just how erratic P&O's IT system can be.

18 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Well we have never had a moments magazine, or a Calendar or any other sort of gift, and I doubt I am signed up for marketing, so seems Leon does not realise just how erratic P&O's IT system can be.

We have never had a magazine or calendar either.

Another question.  When we bought our Duty free booze on Fred 2 x litre of gin and 2 x litre of whisky This not only came off our OBC but we got 5% Silver discount as well.  Does P&O give discount off duty free, ie 10% Caribbean discount|?

37 minutes ago, solentsam said:

afraid not you only get discount when OBC is used up

Yes but if it's used up, do you get your discount on Duty free booze?  I think no.