End of cruise final bill?

Clampram

How do you all get your final bill? In the past, I have gone down to the kiosk near the Service Desk and printed out from there. I can't remember getting a bill any other way. Does Princess give it to you while on board? What if you don't get it at all while on the cruise?

Thanks in advance

5 minutes ago, Pine Man said:

Unless you go and ask for one it is emailed to you.

Which may be too late to resolve problems.  There are plenty of posts here recommending you obtain your folio from Guest Services or the nearby kiosk (if you can find one that works). Correcting errors after disembarking can be a nightmare based on some stories I’ve read here. Personally I’ve not had a problem but I won’t leave the ship without a documented final bill. I’m not convinced a screenshot is as good, although some say it is.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Can you check your bill on the tv? I was able to do that on NCL last summer (and they of course do not have the "wonderful" medallion technology.)

You can.  I guess you can take a picture of the tv screen as well. You just want to walk off the ship with some “proof” of your final bill should something different show up in your email two days later.

A final is suppose to be emailed the next day. We did not receive one so I contacted Princess they replied that they would send one out by email. As others have suggested check your account frequently or even every day. We checked ours every day and do have a copy of most of the final day. Waiting for email from Princess to verify charges.

You can check your bill on the Princess app. I check it everyday to make sure there are no mistakes. The worst thing is finding a charge you didn’t make on the last day of the cruise and you have to wait in the long line. 

• Like 1

and back in the day, I checked the folio the last night - and between then and the time the folio was slipped under the door - a $45 or so charge from a bar was added - nope, not mine.

my disembarkation morning was at customer service...

I keep track of it on my iPad in my account.  I take screenshots regularly.  Then I print it the last day from the kiosk, and screenshot the next morning before we disembark.  
 Sometimes we don't get the email.  

Even checking it before debarking they can muck it up. We had about $25 in port charges refund sitting on ours that somehow had been zeroed out when I got the email final bill. Creative accounting. I called to try to rectify, but I’m sure we can all imagine how well that went these days. In the end decided my time was worth more than the $25. Too frustrating speaking to idiots.

This was months ago, so I’m sure there isn’t a check in the mail.

We regularly check our bill using the app throughout the cruise.  So easy!  Beats schlepping down to guest services and/or using the kiosk.  On our most recent cruise I took screenshots of the bills on the final morning before we disembarked, and they matched the bills we received by email shortly after.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

We regularly check our bill using the app throughout the cruise.  So easy!  Beats schlepping down to guest services and/or using the kiosk.  On our most recent cruise I took screenshots of the bills on the final morning before we disembarked, and they matched the bills we received by email shortly after.  

Exactly! I check daily. You never know. I’ve found random bar tabs and purchases from the shops.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

Even checking it before debarking they can muck it up. We had about $25 in port charges refund sitting on ours that somehow had been zeroed out when I got the email final bill. Creative accounting. I called to try to rectify, but I’m sure we can all imagine how well that went these days. In the end decided my time was worth more than the $25. Too frustrating speaking to idiots.

This was months ago, so I’m sure there isn’t a check in the mail.

The final bill is more an accounting statement. There should be a line saying referred to finance or something line it with the amount of the credit to be refunded. They are always zero out one way or another either by a credit referred to finance or the charge to your cc.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Can you check your bill on the tv? I was able to do that on NCL last summer (and they of course do not have the "wonderful" medallion technology.)

You also can on Celebrity and RC. We just got off the Enchanted and no interactive TV option. Not sure if that is fleetwide. 

Last October we printed our final bill after going to the theater on the last night. It showed a non-refundable credit of $101.  Stopped at guest services for confirmation of the bill and was told to “use it or lose it”…After DH and I discussed and refigured our “creative accounting”  bill, we decided that we shouldn’t have any non-refundable credit and would not randomly “spend” the $101 OBC before disembarking.  When we got home and received our final email bill, it showed we owed $12 and they had already charged my credit card.  Called Princess and was told that we must have charged something on disembark morning (shops are closed)… long story short - I gave up since it was only $12, but glad I didn’t go on a final shopping spree to use up my “use it or lose it” $101…otherwise my final bill would have been $113!

5 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Did you check if it went to junk mail?

Yep. And I took several screen shots of folio on app during cruise but of course can't access that now.

Ended a cruise on Silhouette last week and our TV invoice showed we owed $4.75.

Exactly what we expected.

Then the next morning after disembarking, the ship emailed an invoice for $105 and it was immediately on our CC.  Hubby had taken a photo of the TV screen at 6.45 the morning of disembarkation.

Have called Celebrity and emailed Zenith department. Nothing! No reply, no help!  So frustrating. I will challenge the charge with the CC company, but what a hassle.

Update; I did hear back from Celebrity a short while ago and they were apologetic and will be crediting back the charge.  Hopefully that will take care of it. 

• Like 1

This is why I always put cash on my account now. I go to GS the first day and tell them I’m putting cash and to delete the cc.

I’ve never had a problem with mysterious charges anymore when I return home. 

On 4/10/2024 at 3:58 AM, BamaVol said:

Which may be too late to resolve problems.  There are plenty of posts here recommending you obtain your folio from Guest Services or the nearby kiosk (if you can find one that works). Correcting errors after disembarking can be a nightmare based on some stories I’ve read here. Personally I’ve not had a problem but I won’t leave the ship without a documented final bill. I’m not convinced a screenshot is as good, although some say it is.

Unfortunately that does not always solve the problem. We left the ship with an account summary of over $1000. credit.(we put gift cards on the account when we first arrived). The summary we were emails had added charges totaling the amount of our credit and giving us a zero balance. It has since been resolved, but it wasn't an easy process.