Embarkation and Princess Grill

Minnie29

Yes, in 2022 we sailed, we drop off bags in our cabins and refreshed ourselves.

Headed to Princess and was welcomed and seated at our trip long  table. We were around the 3rd ones at 5 to 1PM in the Grill.

44 minutes ago, Minnie29 said:

Do you know what time they are serving lunch until on embarkation day?

Ours was 1PM to 230PM in Princess Grill

42 minutes ago, Tattycoram said:

If you're a lowly Britannia person, what's available to you?

On QM2 - the Golden Lion apparently has extended lunch hours, but we normally will use King's Court as we need to make an appearance for muster station check in anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tattycoram said:

Golden Lion Pub is open on Embarkation Day if you can find space available to seat.

Kings Court and Carinthia Lounge is also open and will remain till just before Muster Drill takes place. Staff and Crew participate in the Drill and close Food Services.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Golden Lion Pub is open on Embarkation Day if you can find space available to seat.

Kings Court and Carinthia Lounge is also open and will remain till just before Muster Drill takes place. Staff and Crew participate in the Drill and close Food Services.

No drill as such for us last year. Each time, we checked in on boarding at the designated drill section [can't remember if it was with boarding passes or we had to nip to the cabin for our cruise cards]  and that was that.The 'drill' info., was on a loop on the television.

edit

It can be done any time up to around 4pm.

Edited by Victoria2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

No drill as such for us last year. Each time, we checked in on boarding at the designated drill section [can't remember if it was with boarding passes or we had to nip to the cabin for our cruise cards]  and that was that.The 'drill' info., was on a loop on the television.

edit

It can be done any time up to around 4pm.

Boarding passes worked on QV last time we did it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

I believe BklynBoy8 is referring to  'Crew' Muster Drills.  Limited service in all public venues for approximately 30/40 minutes. 

Not at all clear which drill he was referring to as staff and crew took part in passenger muster, when facilities were on hold for the duration so my post stands as information, if needed.

4 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Not at all clear which drill he was referring to as staff and crew took part in passenger muster, when facilities were on hold for the duration so my post stands as information, if needed.

Although You & I don't have to take part in a muster drill ( post covid) There is still a muster drill & exercise for certain 'Crew Members' the afternoon before departure .   The Captain will still  make the announcements throughout all staterooms & public areas ( also sounds those long blasts that in the event of an emergency calls us to our muster stations)

My post above refers to Food stations & Bars which  will be temporary closed or very limited service whilst this mandatory exercise is carried out. 

Also stands as information too for any newbies on this board.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As of our Sailing on September 2022 and July 2023 we did have Muster Drills with Crew Members Dressed and at their posts with the Passengers involved except to watch the video and listen to the Captain at 430PM prior Disembarkation.

The Daily Programmes has I see my copies noted towards all entries related to Food Service, "Till Drill"......

All walked around and may stop to listen to the Captain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bell Boy said:

Although You & I don't have to take part in a muster drill ( post covid) There is still a muster drill & exercise for certain 'Crew Members' the afternoon before departure .   The Captain will still  make the announcements throughout all staterooms & public areas ( also sounds those long blasts that in the event of an emergency calls us to our muster stations)

My post above refers to Food stations & Bars which  will be temporary closed or very limited service whilst this mandatory exercise is carried out. 

Also stands as information too for any newbies on this board.    

I know, I have sailed a few times since the change, but for those who haven't sailed since the change of passenger 'muster', the post was ambiguous.

Now no one can say they aren't aware of both passenger and crew muster arrangements.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, david63 said:

I thought that normally the crew muster drill on embarkation day was mainly for the new crew who had just joined the ship that day.

On Cunard Line not necessarily, which could mean 'Any crew member' is rostered to keep up-to date with the exercise. 

The crew safety exercise for either newbies or those already on their contracts will take place at any opportunity  - for our safety  😉    

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tattycoram said:

Sir Samuel's has some surprisingly good, albeit limited lunch choices.  My daily program archive confirms they are open at embarkation.  However, it is never listed as a dining option and I can't say whether they were serving food the first day or not.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 57eric said:

Sir Samuel's has some surprisingly good, albeit limited lunch choices.  My daily program archive confirms they are open at embarkation.  However, it is never listed as a dining option and I can't say whether they were serving food the first day or not.

And if you have the Drinks Package, the speciality coffees and hot chocolate are excellent there too. (and good without package). 

• Like 1

What is the earliest you can board the ship in Southampton if you are in the Princess Grill.  We are trying to secure private transportation from London to Southampton,  we don't want to arrive way before we can board. The only information we can find is boarding is from around 1:00 to 3:30 but Grills have early embarkation. Our crossing isn't until near the end of June, so we don't have any of the final paperwork. Thank you in advance! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bejay219 said:

What is the earliest you can board the ship in Southampton if you are in the Princess Grill.  We are trying to secure private transportation from London to Southampton,  we don't want to arrive way before we can board. The only information we can find is boarding is from around 1:00 to 3:30 but Grills have early embarkation. Our crossing isn't until near the end of June, so we don't have any of the final paperwork. Thank you in advance! 

You'll likely be given a time closer to 1300 or 1330.

1 hour ago, esrs said:

You'll likely be given a time closer to 1300 or 1330.

Thank you, we will be able to give an accurate time to leave London. Looking forward to our first time on Cunard. If we get there a bit early, do they have a place to sit and wait? 

20 minutes ago, Bejay219 said:

we will be able to give an accurate time to leave London

Giving an accurate time to leave London will not necessarily have any impact on the time you arrive in Southampton.

21 minutes ago, Bejay219 said:

If we get there a bit early, do they have a place to sit and wait?

Depends on how early and the mood of the staff on duty that day. Southampton has tightened up on arrival times and you may be told to wait in a queue outside (irrespective of the weather)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1