Britannia today, any questions?

10 minutes ago, david63 said:

You can add Freddy Mercury to that list

One exception imo was Steve Larkins who always performed a really good Freddie Mercury show…..

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Best act I have ever seen is Paul Ruck's Eric Clapton tribute. He is amazing.

I agree he was brilliant. However when we last saw him he said he would not be performing on ships anymore as he wanted to concentrate on land based work.

On 5/4/2024 at 10:14 AM, AndyMichelle said:

That's another strange thing, the silent disco was held in the atrium, which doesn't have a dance floor on Britannia. 

Probably because the Crystal room, where it was held last year, was being used for quizzes. 

Andy 

Silent disco on Iona was in the Sky Dome.

IMG_5918.thumb.jpeg.1c452f5965ea02fc95fe3860de35ed53.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 10:04 PM, MDav123 said:

As it was my first ever cruise, I must admit I really enjoyed the food, despite the large amount on offer. Although I didn't have the burgers or pizza on offer by the pool. 🙂 

Btw, Did you go up the cable car in Olden? If so did you see the base jumper?

6 of our group went on the Loen Skylift and they saw the base jumper! The tiny blue dot. IMG_2777.thumb.jpeg.6ba7220ba969602faeb8b7d33b50b1b2.jpeg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

It was in the atrium when we were on Iona and it rather spoilt the show in the 710 club, as we could hear all the ‘silent’ disco participants singing at full pelt over the performers we were watching. 

• Like 3

Thank you AndyMichelle for opening this thread.  We sailed on Britannia 6 years ago but with our then 2 year old Granddaughter and didn’t experience the ship from an adults perspective.  We sail again on her in January in the Caribbean and have found your feedback and observations most helpful.  

Regards

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ardennais said:

I guess the naff acoustics don't really affect the silent disco.

2 hours ago, royallondon said:

Thank you AndyMichelle for opening this thread.  We sailed on Britannia 6 years ago but with our then 2 year old Granddaughter and didn’t experience the ship from an adults perspective.  We sail again on her in January in the Caribbean and have found your feedback and observations most helpful.  

Regards

It's my absolute pleasure. 

From our perspective, we rely on others feedback, so very happy to share ours. 

Andy 

• Like 5

I went to the Beach House on the Sunday (initially booked for the Saturday but they moved it till the day after because of the Celebration night) and had the Lava Rock Fillet steak which I'd say is well worth what you pay. 

The rest of the time I ate in the Peninsular restaurant which had a good menu every night.

• Like 1

As an aside, I'd recommend doing one of the rib safari's in Norway if you get the chance. I did the one in Haugesund and it was great fun!

Due to the open water it was quite bouncy and choppy. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MDav123 said:

I went to the Beach House on the Sunday (initially booked for the Saturday but they moved it till the day after because of the Celebration night) and had the Lava Rock Fillet steak which I'd say is well worth what you pay. 

The rest of the time I ate in the Peninsular restaurant which had a good menu every night.

We didn't try the Beach House this time, but have previously and I am probably the only person ever who didn't rate the lava steak... 

Perhaps it's something to do with having to cook my own dinner😂

We had a fantastic late lunch in the Glasshouse, the day the Privateers were playing in the Atrium, that was a very pleasant afternoon. 

Andy 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

We didn't try the Beach House this time, but have previously and I am probably the only person ever who didn't rate the lava steak... 

We had a fantastic late lunch in the Glasshouse, the day the Privateers were playing in the Atrium, that was a very pleasant afternoon. 

Andy 

The Glasshouse always seemed quite busy. Was the food very good?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MDav123 said:

The Glasshouse always seemed quite busy. Was the food very good?

We walked straight in and we're seated straight away. 

The food and service was exceptional. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

The top pic is this years 'British classic trio' in the Glasshouse, the bottom pic is last years. 

Last years definitely wins, but I do love chocolate. 

Andy 

Collage_20240507_203704.jpg

Looks good 🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Just made me think, it’s quite simple little occurrences like this that you never forget for whatever reason as the mood, the chemistry, the atmosphere, or the company was just right at that point in time.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

We really enjoyed the Privateers on Ventura last summer. We saw them in the theatre the first night of the cruise and then they were in Havana Club a few nights later. Both great shows but the atmosphere when they played in Havana was excellent. We chatted to them briefly in La Palma when we were ashore, really nice guys. ☺️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GSPG said:

Just made me think, it’s quite simple little occurrences like this that you never forget for whatever reason as the mood, the chemistry, the atmosphere, or the company was just right at that point in time.

Definitely the highlight of our cruise, partly because we had a bit of time to ourselves with great food, great service and fantastic atmosphere. 

Andy 

1 hour ago, GSPG said:

Very true, on our first 3 MDR meals we have enjoyed very entertaining dinner companions  which is giving the cruise a positive vibe.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Anybody else had issues with the carpets in the cabins shedding? I assume it's because they are new, if you put any clothes on the floor or walk in socks they get covered in fibers

Edited by S_latham
  • Like 1

Just now, S_latham said:

Anybody else had issues with the carpets in the cabins shedding? I assume it's because they are new, if you put any clothes or walk in socks they get covered in fibers

I guess if it's a problem, you could ask them to return your old threadbare carpet!!!

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, S_latham said:

Anybody else had issues with the carpets in the cabins shedding? I assume it's because they are new, if you put any clothes on the floor or walk in socks they get covered in fibers

You can ask your cabin steward to vacuum them up