Navigator App Dining Room Menus

Hello.

I'm new to HAL so forgive me for this stupid question.  I can download a sample dinner menu from the Navigator but how would I see what there is each day?  I'm trying to plan our specialty dinners.

Thanks for all the great info I'm learning on this board!

Smee

29 minutes ago, smeesme said:

Hello.

I'm new to HAL so forgive me for this stupid question.  I can download a sample dinner menu from the Navigator but how would I see what there is each day?  I'm trying to plan our specialty dinners.

Thanks for all the great info I'm learning on this board!

Smee

The menus you are seeing are the actual menu for that day on the ship, not a sample. The problem with trying to see the actual menu on any given day on your cruise, is the itinerary the same? If its the same as your cruise, the menu will likely be the same. In other words, if your ship is sailing the same 7 day itinerary week after week, you can expect today's menu to be the same as menu 2 or 3 or 4 weeks from today. Otherwise, generally, you can't see what nights are prime rib, for example.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Skicruiser55 said:

Now I can see the Club Orange menu. Progress 

The Club Orange menu is the MDR menu with one additional entree.  What else are you expecting?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I'm getting menus again, but strangely enough, I get a different menu on my iPhone versus my iPad.  I don't know why that is happening - I used to get the same ones on both devices.

Is your iPad on Club Orange? 😁

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

The Club Orange menu is the MDR menu with one additional entree.  What else are you expecting?

It's one extra entrée, Beecher's Mac and Cheese, seared tuna and shaved asparagus salad and one extra salmon dish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

That’s exactly what I expected & wanted to see - the additional entree.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Well you are further out than us, maybe they are updating by ship. I shows my app has updated recently so unsure why I cannot see menus yet for our August Westerdam.

Same for me, can't see menus for our August Volendam cruise. This is so frustrating, just makes no sense why HAL CAN'T FIX THEIR APP!!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

The menus you are seeing are the actual menu for that day on the ship, not a sample. The problem with trying to see the actual menu on any given day on your cruise, is the itinerary the same? If its the same as your cruise, the menu will likely be the same. In other words, if your ship is sailing the same 7 day itinerary week after week, you can expect today's menu to be the same as menu 2 or 3 or 4 weeks from today. Otherwise, generally, you can't see what nights are prime rib, for example.

im like the other person, I only see a sample menu. The only place I see where I can see any menu is if I go to the MDR in the app Dining & drinks, there is only one menu there each for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I know this menu is not accurate for my cruise.

if I go into the itinerary/dailies it doesn’t show anything yet. Am I looking in the wrong place? My cruise is just a month out. I was starting to wonder if you don’t have access until on the ship until I’ve heard everyone else in here. Hrm 

You won't ever see the actual menus ahead of time.  Each day's menu shows up on the day itself.  If you have some food allergy, etc., and request it, you may be allowed to see the next day's menu a day ahead of time, but you'll be told not to share the information.

12 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

You won't ever see the actual menus ahead of time.  Each day's menu shows up on the day itself.  If you have some food allergy, etc., and request it, you may be allowed to see the next day's menu a day ahead of time, but you'll be told not to share the information.

Ok, thank you, I was getting confused, everyone was making it sound like you could access all of them to know when the formal nights were. I am able to see them due to reasons outside of being a passenger but wanted to check. Thank you for explaining. 

11 hours ago, Khlela said:

Ok, thank you, I was getting confused, everyone was making it sound like you could access all of them to know when the formal nights were. I am able to see them due to reasons outside of being a passenger but wanted to check. Thank you for explaining. 

The menus are just for that day. I’ll be on the Zaandam to Hawaii in December but I can see what’s on the menu for the Zaandam today as they cruise Alaska. I will not have the same menu on my cruise but I still like to look and think about what I would like to order. 

Now if someone was on a Zaandam cruise to Alaska later this summer. Since there will be multi Zaandam cruises this summer with the same itinerary, they could look at the menu for day 2 of the current cruise with the same itinerary and it will most likely be the same menu they would have on day 2 of their cruise. If day 2 happened to be a formal night on the earlier cruise, then day 2 is likely to be the formal night on that later cruise. 

In my case, the Zaandam will have one 17 day cruise to Hawaii before my 16 day cruise. So I’ll have a better idea of what the menus will look like for me when I peek during the 17 day sailing, but they won’t be exactly the same for every night on my cruise. 

1 hour ago, bajae said:

The menus are just for that day. I’ll be on the Zaandam to Hawaii in December but I can see what’s on the menu for the Zaandam today as they cruise Alaska. I will not have the same menu on my cruise but I still like to look and think about what I would like to order. 

Now if someone was on a Zaandam cruise to Alaska later this summer. Since there will be multi Zaandam cruises this summer with the same itinerary, they could look at the menu for day 2 of the current cruise with the same itinerary and it will most likely be the same menu they would have on day 2 of their cruise. If day 2 happened to be a formal night on the earlier cruise, then day 2 is likely to be the formal night on that later cruise. 

In my case, the Zaandam will have one 17 day cruise to Hawaii before my 16 day cruise. So I’ll have a better idea of what the menus will look like for me when I peek during the 17 day sailing, but they won’t be exactly the same for every night on my cruise. 

thank you so much!!! This helps and makes so much more sense to me now. Thank you!

• Like 1

I just tried on my Navigator app from Tampa, FL.

The breakfast menu and wine list came up. But not lunch & dinner.

You are right it did not last, mine did work for a couple of days I have not been able to see LIdo since Saturday, On Sunday I could no longer see lunch or dinner but could see Main Dining Room, yesterday could see Main Dining Room, Breakfast Lunch and Dinner but no Lido. Today I can only see Main Dining Room for Breakfast and Lunch which was the same as yesterday and nothing for Dinner and still No Lido. Just a blank page 😒

Mine changes throughout the day. I could try with no success five times in a row, then refresh and try again and have it come up. Then not come up again. I keep saving them now the moment it comes up so I can keep copies. It’s really frustrating though

• Like 1

This morning I tried my app again for our August Volendam cruise and surprise, surprise all of the menus came up without doing anything else with the app. I guess the HAL IT people finally figured this whole thing out and did a fix. Lets see how long before it quits again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

This morning I tried my app again for our August Volendam cruise and surprise, surprise all of the menus came up without doing anything else with the app. I guess the HAL IT people finally figured this whole thing out and did a fix. Lets see how long before it quits again.

I think you just got lucky. I’m still having issues so no universal fix has been made at least.