Navigator App Dining Room Menus

Up until a few days ago I was able to see dining room dinner menus in the Navigator App. Now they have disappeared. I can only see the Breakfast Menu. Anyone else notice this?

• Like 1

I posted about this a few weeks ago, and also wrote to contact on the Navigator app., but so far no change!  I too, want my menus back. A girl can dream, right?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

It's working fine on the Zuiderdam.

Yes but not off the ship, even if you have a future cruise booked on the same ship. It was working off ship for months.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

It is working fine onboard!

Thanks to you, I know what my menus should look like in the app. All the URLs for the menu PDFs are 404/Not found.

If it's not too much trouble, and you can see the URL, can you see if the shipboard reference for the Wednesday MDR Dinner menu looks like this?

Or, you can email the working email to me.

https://moapp-navigator.hollandamerica.com/ds-public/api/anchor/api/content/ns/menu/a22909895098489489b655777d5e151b/1fcd1d4757babe0172716f0463c688aa_transatlantic_dr_menu_04_2023.pdf?download=inline

4 hours ago, POA1 said:

Thanks to you, I know what my menus should look like in the app. All the URLs for the menu PDFs are 404/Not found.

If it's not too much trouble, and you can see the URL, can you see if the shipboard reference for the Wednesday MDR Dinner menu looks like this?

Or, you can email the working email to me.

https://moapp-navigator.hollandamerica.com/ds-public/api/anchor/api/content/ns/menu/a22909895098489489b655777d5e151b/1fcd1d4757babe0172716f0463c688aa_transatlantic_dr_menu_04_2023.pdf?download=inline

Morning! 

It is already Thursday here🙄

I am using a Samsung s6 lite for the first time. (DW. objected to laptop, adapters , keyboard etc taking up space at her makeup station😉).

Although the URL flashes onscreen for a second iI cannot see the URL for any reasonable time. on the app.  Any suggestions?

We are ashore for most of the day but will try again later.

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Morning! 

It is already Thursday here🙄

I am using a Samsung s6 lite for the first time. (DW. objected to laptop, adapters , keyboard etc taking up space at her makeup station😉).

Although the URL flashes onscreen for a second iI cannot see the URL for any reasonable time. on the app.  Any suggestions?

We are ashore for most of the day but will try again later.

As a Plan B - This is the URL for Thursday's menu now that my corner of the world is caught up to you.  Try pasting this into your browser. It looks like it should fetch the Blue Gala menu. Here in Fort Lauderdale, it is 404 (at 3:35 AM.)

https://moapp-navigator.hollandamerica.com/ds-public/api/anchor/api/content/ns/menu/a22909895098489489b655777d5e151b/d888ac55bcf645cd4f7a2c236cb304b9_blue_gala_menu_2024_v.2.pdf?download=inline

Thank you, @richwmn

This one gives a slightly different issue - unresolved domain. But, I do notice that the format of your URL is slightly different. Mine had an extra API call in it. I'm on my phone now, but I will try using my desktop later.

https://navigator.hollandamerica.com/anchor/api/content/vo/menu/1abfd7e6db3345f280006156eee7d93a/fa0e45786e2f2015c3c7ac9f231084c0_canada_2024_dr_menu_09_nav.pdf?download=inline

@richwmn, taking time from his 134 day Volendam cruise to call into CheerHQ this morning.  The menus you see on the ships are on the server:

navigator.hollandamerica.com

whose DNS resolves to a private (Intranet) IP address.  That means that server name can only be accessed on the ship.  This is why you can see menus in Navigator without an Internet package.  If you try to access that server from the outside world, you'll get a Sever not found error.

Externally, the server name is:

moapp-navigator.hollandamerica.com

There's some pass-through API code that normally pulls the PDFs from HAL server and delivers them to those of us using the app.

That code is either broken, it isn't directing to the right file location. That's why we get the 404s when fetching the page.  The server name resolves, but there is no page/PDF at the URL.

I'm sure that someone is seeing all the 404 errors. Web servers log them by default.  (Or, no one knows to look at the logs.)  It should be an easy fix.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, POA1 said:

@richwmn, taking time from his 134 day Volendam cruise to call into CheerHQ this morning.  The menus you see on the ships are on the server:

navigator.hollandamerica.com

whose DNS resolves to a private (Intranet) IP address.  That means that server name can only be accessed on the ship.  This is why you can see menus in Navigator without an Internet package.  If you try to access that server from the outside world, you'll get a Sever not found error.

Externally, the server name is:

moapp-navigator.hollandamerica.com

There's some pass-through API code that normally pulls the PDFs from HAL server and delivers them to those of us using the app.

That code is either broken, it isn't directing to the right file location. That's why we get the 404s when fetching the page.  The server name resolves, but there is no page/PDF at the URL.

I'm sure that someone is seeing all the 404 errors. Web servers log them by default.  (Or, no one knows to look at the logs.)  It should be an easy fix.

That explains why they don’t work now. Someone did some backend updating and broke it 😡. Thankfully, @VMax1700 has been kind enough to post the ones on his cruise so at least I can see what’s for dinner next week!

• Like 1

Glad to read others having problems. Last year this time I kept myself entertained looking at the Westerdam menus of the ship's Trans Pacific since we had an upcoming Westerdam cruise in that September 2023, well several days ago I said that it was time to start looking at the Westerdam menus since we were returning to the Westerdam in late August. I nothing comes up either on Lido, or Main Dining Room. I have a friend currently on Westerdam and had him look up the menu and he posted it on FB. With any luck it is fixed soon. Have to occupy by brain for a few minutes a day looking at menus I cannot partake in 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have the same issue for our August Volendam cruise, the dinner and lunch menus give me the  404 error , been doing this for 2 weeks.

• Like 1

With just over 3 weeks to go before my Koningsdam cruise,  I thought I'd check the app to see if I could view the current daily menus.  It's been about a month with that not being available on the app and behold,  it's working!  Sad comparison from what I threw together for dinner and what I could have had in Club Orange tonight 😆  Makes the last few weeks of waiting a little more fun.

• Like 3