New Azamara CEO

Chot50s

I see that Azamara has a new incoming CEO, Dondra Ritzenthaler, starting mid-May. Any ideas on what to expect from her?

My cruise agent, who owns a very large internet agency, is high on her.  Says she did well at Celebrity and the new regime there is undoing what she did.  We shall see.

• Like 4

Azamara has scheduled a webinar for May 14 to introduce Dondra Ritzenthaler to loyalty members. I got this confirmation email after I registered:

Thank you for registering for "Exclusive Loyalty Webinar Q&A with Azamara's New CEO".

Please join us for an exclusive opportunity to meet our new CEO, Dondra Ritzenthaler! As a top-tier member of our loyalty program, we want you to be among the first to get to know her. Please RSVP and submit your questions in the Questions & Comments box below.

Please send your questions, comments and feedback to: salessupport@azamara.com

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, tgg said:

Azamara has scheduled a webinar for May 14 to introduce Dondra Ritzenthaler to loyalty members. I got this confirmation email after I registered:

Thank you for registering for "Exclusive Loyalty Webinar Q&A with Azamara's New CEO".

Please join us for an exclusive opportunity to meet our new CEO, Dondra Ritzenthaler! As a top-tier member of our loyalty program, we want you to be among the first to get to know her. Please RSVP and submit your questions in the Questions & Comments box below.

Yes got an email about that event. Not sure the timings work for us but we will see. Might send in a question anyway 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I am hopeful about the new CEO.  I hope I am not disappointed 😔 

I liked Dan Hanrahan’s time at Celebrity and Dondra was well thought of there, too. Fingers crossed! 🤞 

Edited by takemewithyou
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, uktog said:

Yes got an email about that event. Not sure the timings work for us but we will see. Might send in a question anyway 

Yes not sure I need to get up at 4 am Friday morning to participate. I’m sure details will be shared here or on social media.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ah yes....starting with a bang.  We just started to sail with Azamara after the cut off of transfer of points....so although we should be top members, we are somewhere around the lowest.....and yes, we are still bitter about that incredibly poor marketing decision.  Way to go new CEO....rub it in.

2 hours ago, ghstudio said:

ah yes....starting with a bang.  We just started to sail with Azamara after the cut off of transfer of points....so although we should be top members, we are somewhere around the lowest.....and yes, we are still bitter about that incredibly poor marketing decision.  Way to go new CEO....rub it in.

I'm curious why you believe you should be considered a top member on Azamara since you didn't begin sailing until after the split cut off which was mentioned long before the cut off date?  Any  Azamara cruise before that would have transferred all the Celebrity sailings status.

Wasn't that cut off date also long before Dondra Ritzenthaler was appointed CEO?  Please help me understand your bitterness?

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ghstudio said:

It was well advertised long before the cut off date.  Not Azamara's fault that you didn't start cruising with them until after.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, ghstudio said:

What a bad attitude. Loyalty works both ways!

Phil 

• Like 4

On 5/3/2024 at 8:47 AM, tgg said:

Can you please send me the email about the webinar.  I have made two phone calls to Azamara to try and and get the email invitation.  Yesterday the Azamara agent after being been put on hold for a long time....asked for my email address and told me I would receive the email inviting us to the webinar by the end of the day....did not receive the email.  I called again today and the Azamara agent put me on hold for a long time...she stated she reached out to Miami and to supervisors and they said the webinar was internal personal not guest.  I explained that many have received the webinar email that are guest.  The Azamara agent suggested I reach out to all of you who have received the email about the May 14th webinar so maybe I can provide customer service more info so I can be invited to view the webinar.  I just got off the 2024 World cruise and I am a long time Azamara loyal guest.....Im going to bite my tongue but you all know why.  Can you or anyone that has the email about the webinar please send it to me florida.mvr1 @ gmail .com

Thank you. 

23 minutes ago, Travelingwithstyle said:

Can you please send me the email about the webinar.  

Thank you. 

Done.

• Thanks 1

We took our first two Azamara cruises after the sale was announced, but before the split was official. We had been considering booking with Azamara previously, and the announcement definitely encouraged us to pull the trigger on those attractive itineraries. Those cruises helped us to realize that we prefer smaller ships. 

Since the actual severing of the systems took longer than expected, we were among the many folks who ended up getting points for a couple of X cruises taken after the originally announced date. We did not expect, but are grateful for that. We didn't get, and certainly wouldn't expect any Azamara consideration for our more recent X cruises (which also served to confrim that we prefer smaller ships). I wouldn't expect any consideration from any company for money spent with an unrelated company, though I know that some companies offer it as a way of trying to entice customers away from competitors. 

I guess that is a long way to go to say that I don't get the disappointment, either. 

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Travelingwithstyle said:

Can you please send me the email about the webinar.  I have made two phone calls to Azamara to try and and get the email invitation.  Yesterday the Azamara agent after being been put on hold for a long time....asked for my email address and told me I would receive the email inviting us to the webinar by the end of the day....did not receive the email.  I called again today and the Azamara agent put me on hold for a long time...she stated she reached out to Miami and to supervisors and they said the webinar was internal personal not guest.  I explained that many have received the webinar email that are guest.  The Azamara agent suggested I reach out to all of you who have received the email about the May 14th webinar so maybe I can provide customer service more info so I can be invited to view the webinar.  I just got off the 2024 World cruise and I am a long time Azamara loyal guest.....Im going to bite my tongue but you all know why.  Can you or anyone that has the email about the webinar please send it to me florida.mvr1 @ gmail .com

Thank you. 

Just a thought have you checked your ‘Spam’ folder?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aussie travel bird said:

Ys

Yes

Yes...unfortunately not in spam.  Yesterday, I wrote the support team that is taking the questions for the webinar and lets hope they will send us an invitation.  Thank you and have a super day.  

27 minutes ago, Travelingwithstyle said:

Ys

Yes

Yes...unfortunately not in spam.  Yesterday, I wrote the support team that is taking the questions for the webinar and lets hope they will send us an invitation.  Thank you and have a super day.  

That worked for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1