Port Canaveral: Kennedy Space Center

If you're leaving from Bayonne, The Symphony arrives at PC about 1:00 PM, with guests departing about 1:20 - 1:30. How late is the Space Center open on the day of your visit? Only you know if a short visit is worth it for you.

I enjoyed my time at the space center. When I priced it out, for two, there was no cost advantage to go on my own versus the excursion. Just note that the food concessions give Disney a run for their money.

16 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

Our Symphony OTS stops at PC for a few hours.  We'd like to tour the space center.  Ship excursion or is there transportation available from PC to the Space center?

We did this and a few notes; it's a very short visit as I think the sc closes at 5. Times may vary of course.

Its a whirlwind visit but our dd hadn't ever been so im glad we went.  

• Like 1

We did it on our own a few years ago.  Pre-purchased the tickets and use ride share.  Saved us some decent money- and we could stay closer to it closing.  Let alone you could get there faster not waiting for all of the other passengers to fill the bus.

• Like 1

We did the ship's excursion which from what I've heard is a better overall tour.  Also, the tour should be as soon as you get to PC and will return in time for all aboard.  You can't guarantee that with Uber.  

6 minutes ago, BND said:

We did the ship's excursion which from what I've heard is a better overall tour.  Also, the tour should be as soon as you get to PC and will return in time for all aboard.  You can't guarantee that with Uber.  

True, but it’s only 20 min away. And it closes at 5pm when the normal departure time is closer to 8pm. So the only real risk is if some rocket parts are being trucker over the causeway at the same time you are coming back. 

On 5/7/2024 at 8:26 PM, mets123 said:

If you're leaving from Bayonne, The Symphony arrives at PC about 1:00 PM, with guests departing about 1:20 - 1:30. How late is the Space Center open on the day of your visit? Only you know if a short visit is worth it for you.

Thinking about this. Scheduled docking time 1pm.  Realistically, won't be off the ship until 1:15 the earliest. 15 to 20 min bus ride over. That only gives us about 3 hours at the Center.  Not much time.   

Is there anything else worthwhile at PC?  This may be another stay-on- the - ship  port.

16 minutes ago, philpcruiser said:

Thinking about this. Scheduled docking time 1pm.  Realistically, won't be off the ship until 1:15 the earliest. 15 to 20 min bus ride over. That only gives us about 3 hours at the Center.  Not much time.   

Is there anything else worthwhile at PC?  This may be another stay-on- the - ship  port.

The beach.