50% increase in non-alcoholic drink package?

Screenshot_20240509-173856.thumb.png.f6ee1719b84542c6b09976d8b142f4d4.pngLooked today at my cruise and saw the price for the non-alcoholic drink package is now $45/day, $39.99 if bought pre-cruise.

I could have sworn a couple of weeks ago the prices were $30/$26.99. I remember thinking you needed 6 specialty coffees a day to "break even."

Is it just my cruise, which leaves in a month? Or have the prices really gone up 50% fleet wide?

Posted (edited)

Wow yesterday  zero proof  was $30 with a discount to 26.99..... NOW...... IT IS $45

I COULD BARELY JUSTIFY THE COST AT 26.99

celebrity has lost their mind

Edited by newcruzer2
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, newcruzer2 said:

Wow yesterday  zero proof  was $30 with a discount to 26.99..... NOW...... IT IS $45

While one could make that argument, it is a matter of what the market will bear.  If they don't get any sales at the new price it will likely change yet again.  But as long as people pay it, they will charge it.

Different cruise line, but you should see the prices charged by RCCL for things at CocoCay.  Example - a few years ago, we paid $85 pp for Coco Beach club which includes an excellent steak and lobster lunch.  Last year they wanted $360 pp - and the place was packed!  But people are paying so they are charging.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, newcruzer2 said:

I’ve been grocery shopping lately, I can’t say that I blame Celebrity..

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

While one could make that argument, it is a matter of what the market will bear.  If they don't get any sales at the new price it will likely change yet again.  But as long as people pay it, they will charge it.

Nail meets hammer.

Edited by PTC DAWG

26 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I’ve been grocery shopping lately, I can’t say that I blame Celebrity..

People are a bit crazy  shopping 

I can get Walmart chips at 94 cents a 200 gs or buy Lays @ $3 for 200 gs,

it amazing the number of people buying the Lays , and they taste same to me 

Also noticed the zero proof packages are only 10% off while the alcohol packages are up to 45% off 🤔

3 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

People are a bit crazy  shopping 

I can get Walmart chips at 94 cents a 200 gs or buy Lays @ $3 for 200 gs,

it amazing the number of people buying the Lays , and they taste same to me 

Also noticed the zero proof packages are only 10% off while the alcohol packages are up to 45% off 🤔

My guess is that the profit margin is less on the Zero Proof so less profit margin than on alcohol combined with it is the only package option for kids.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The prices for all the drinks and internet packages for my cruise next week have been fluctuating wildly. The internet I purchased was half the initial quotes. They keep announcing Flash sales, sometimes they go down, sometimes  they don’t! We’ll pay our way for drinks, especially as we may have some ashore, and I prefer to drink the water on the ship rather out of bottles. It looked as if members with Captains Club status may get different offers?

8 hours ago, jelayne said:

My guess is that the profit margin is less on the Zero Proof so less profit margin than on alcohol combined with it is the only package option for kids.

I figure pop in your drink probably cost more than the alcohol 🤣

9 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

They must be raising the price on our cruise 🤔🤣

IMG_7195.thumb.png.75ef504891ad4b2d1a68080e221e783a.png

They did increase the price , on April 27 , with 10% off it was $37.70CAD , this morning it is $55.56 CAD 😱

IMG_7158.jpeg

IMG_7196.jpeg

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

They did increase the price , on April 27 , with 10% off it was $37.70CAD , this morning it is $55.56 CAD 😱

IMG_7158.jpeg

IMG_7196.jpeg

Our drink package has always shown $93.43 Cad, with 20% Elite + discount.  But your example shows 20% off pre cruise without captains club savings.  So being E+ means nothing...the 20% is across the board.  Your first example of 35% off $75.85 hasn't shown on our cruise.  As you say, it's sales on each particular cruise which is driving the discount.  At some point our Nov. cruise may be discounted and I'll purchase then.  Right now, it's pay as we go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Our drink package has always shown $93.43 Cad, with 20% Elite + discount.  But your example shows 20% off pre cruise without captains club savings.  So being E+ means nothing...the 20% is across the board.  Your first example of 35% off $75.85 hasn't shown on our cruise.  As you say, it's sales on each particular cruise which is driving the discount.  At some point our Nov. cruise may be discounted and I'll purchase then.  Right now, it's pay as we go.

Take a look at the zero proof package pricing 😱

as this thread is about zero proof pricing 😉

Ridiculous amount of £38.00 pppd for a non-alcoholic package. That price must have just changed within the last 48 hrs as it was around £28.00. Just as easy to pay your way on board and bring your own wine on. Not sure what Celebrity are playing at, trying to squeeze as much out of us as possible! 🤨

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ex-vogue model said:

Just as easy to pay your way on board

I did the math at the lower price with 50% off and with the heavy port itinerary there is NO way I could consume 5+ alcohol drinks/day, 10+ non-alcohol, or any combination of the two to make a package worthwhile.  It seemed silly to me to buy a package and then be off the ship for 8 hours or more having to buy more drinks out in town or on excursions.  I will take my chances considering I have $150 OBC that should help significantly with on board drink purchases.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ex-vogue model said:

Ridiculous amount of £38.00 pppd for a non-alcoholic package. That price must have just changed within the last 48 hrs as it was around £28.00. Just as easy to pay your way on board and bring your own wine on. Not sure what Celebrity are playing at, trying to squeeze as much out of us as possible! 🤨

Off topic, but hope you are well 😘.x

I’ve never been able to drink enough to justify any of the packages, however much they discount them. And especially when I remember that we both have to purchase the package! I’ve always found the free decaf coffee on Celebrity  perfectly acceptable, and although I treat myself to one cup of ‘proper’ coffee a day, I often save that experience to enjoy ashore for half the price. I’ve hung onto my teeth and their enamel for this long, so I won’t be messing them up now with more than one glass of fruit juice a day and one can of ( diet) fizz, and I’m very fussy about tea. I’ll take my favourite brand of teabags, and avoid paying through the nose for the privilege of being given a posh tea bag and a cup of tepid water to dunk it in. A glass of wine with dinner, and maybe a Bailey’s afterwards isn’t going to break the bank, and I’d have to splash out on the premium package to cover the Baileys. So it’s a no brainer for us to pay as we go. 
I wonder how many people actually save by buying a package? Obviously it doesn’t hurt Celebrity or any of the cruise companies if passengers don’t drink up to the limit. And given the inflated on board prices, it probably doesn’t matter if everyone drank themselves silly, as presumably most of the alcohol is duty free, so an even bigger mark-up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villauk said:

Off topic, but hope you are well 😘.x

We are doing really good thanks and hope you and the family are too? Only seems like yesterday that we were on our Asian cruise and what a fab cruise that was!
I’ve just had my hip replaced and am desperate for my cruise in September on the Infinity. Need some ☀️☀️. You take care and happy cruising! 😘xx

• Like 1