Deciding between Majestic & Enchanted?

Posted (edited)

I'm trying to decide between the 14 day Circle Caribbean on the Majestic versus the 20 day Caribbean Explorer on the Enchanted for February 2025. To get a decent sized balcony on either of these ships, is it necessary to book a Premium Deluxe Balcony? Or does either ship have locations where a standard or even a Deluxe Balcony will have bigger balconies?

Also, am I right in that the Majestic does not have a Wake Pool? 

For those who have sailed both ships, do you have one that you would recommend over the other? Thanks in advance for any advice. 

Edited by canadarocks
found answers

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

I'm trying to decide between the 14 day Circle Caribbean on the Majestic versus the 20 day Caribbean Explorer on the Enchanted for February 2025. To get a decent sized balcony on either of these ships, is it necessary to book a Premium Deluxe Balcony? Or does either ship have locations where a standard or even a Deluxe Balcony will have bigger balconies?

On both ships, there are regular balcony cabins on Deck 9 (Dolphin) that have large balconies.  D226, D227, & D701 to D710 all have large balconies. On Emerald deck E112, E114 & E118 are regular balcony cabins and also have larger balconies.  

There are also Deluxe and Regular Balcony cabins with larger balconies in the bump out on Dolphin.

Edited by Abercrombie2019
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Yes, check out the deck plans...  especially on deck 9.  There are balconies and premium Deluxe balconies that will have larger exterior balconies.   The difference between standard and Deluxe balcony is a slightly bigger cabin interior with a small love-seat sitting sofa.  'Premium' refers to the exterior balcony.

The standard balconies on these Royal Class Ships are small/narrow.  You should def. book a larger balcony.  If you could spring for at least a Deluxe Balcony that has a larger balcony, I would recommend that, especially for a longer cruise.  That slightly bigger size could really make a difference.

We have a deposit down on a good deal on D226, which is a smaller 'standard' interior with the larger exterior balcony.

Of course there is a big difference between the ships when it comes to the Retreat Pool area and the Sanctuary -vs- the enclosed Hollywood retreat area.   My choice in the Caribbean for a warm weather cruise would be the Retreat Pool area.  But, different options for different folks.

Both ships have a wake-view pool, and AFT wake-view deluxe balcony cabins.

The exterior balconies on these can be larger or smaller depending on which deck.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Yes, check out the deck plans...  especially on deck 9.  There are balconies and premium Deluxe balconies that will have larger exterior balconies.   The difference between standard and Deluxe balcony is a slightly bigger cabin interior with a small love-seat sitting sofa.  'Premium' refers to the exterior balcony.

The standard balconies on these Royal Class Ships are small/narrow.  You should def. book a larger balcony.  If you could spring for at least a Deluxe Balcony that has a larger balcony, I would recommend that, especially for a longer cruise.  That slightly bigger size could really make a difference.

We have a deposit down on a good deal on D226, which is a smaller 'standard' interior with the larger exterior balcony.

Of course there is a big difference between the ships when it comes to the Retreat Pool area and the Sanctuary -vs- the enclosed Hollywood retreat area.   My choice in the Caribbean for a warm weather cruise would be the Retreat Pool area.  But, different options for different folks.

Both ships have a wake-view pool, and AFT wake-view deluxe balcony cabins.

The exterior balconies on these can be larger or smaller depending on which deck.

I was recently on the Majestic. It has a wake view bar but no wake view pool that I saw.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the tip on looking at the deck plans. D226 & D227 look like good choices for sure. If we take the Sanctuary vs the Hollywood Conservatory out of the mix, does anyone have an opinion on whether the Majestic or the Enchanted is a better choice? 

Ohhh,  Majestic is one ship that I haven't been on...but I did think that it had a wake view pool...  No wonder I choose the other Royal Class ships!

Another factor to compare, there are some different dining options.  Majestic has some dining venues that are not on other ships.   Noodle Bar instead of Pizza on the Lido...  

Enchanted has 9 hot tubs.  Majestic has 6 hot tubs.  Did a 28-day cruise on the Majestic last year; loved the ship (especially the indoor hot tubs and Noodle Bar).  Read a lot of good reviews of the Enchanted; so, booked a b2b (total 21 days) on the Enchanted for this August.  

Posted (edited)

My choice for balcony would be a DW-deluxe balcony obstructed, L101-104 or M-101-104. Huge balconies, fun to stand on leaving port. Solid rail instead of see through earns the obstructed designation, but still a nice choice and the price break is nice as well. My opinion? The obstruction is a non issue, try to get L101 or L102.

Majestic is a fine ship and I like their very uncrowded and well located Harmony restaurant. But I'll note that a 20 day cruise sounds better than a 14 day cruise, other things being equal - and they pretty much are, same class of ship and all.

Edited by walkingsoon

DH is a bit challenged mobility-wise, so too far forward or aft won't work for us unfortunately.

Found a Premium Deluxe Balcony on Dolphin deck on the Enchanted for late January, but OMG it's expensive!

20 minutes ago, walkingsoon said:

My choice for balcony would be a DW-deluxe balcony obstructed, L101-104 or M-101-104. Huge balconies, fun to stand on leaving port. Solid rail instead of see through earns the obstructed designation, but still a nice choice and the price break is nice as well. My opinion? The obstruction is a non issue, try to get L101 or L102.

Note on Princess' website re these cabins:

"Special Notes: Part Obstructed View Non-glass Balc Rail/ Balcony Access When In Port Only.

We always pick our cruise by itinerary. We also like longer cruises. But in this case we would go with the 14 night Majestic cruise. IMO, better itinerary because no repeat ports. 

We just disembarked from the Majestic and spent 40 days on the Enchanted in Nov/Dec.  

Majestic has a Vines wine bar, Enchanted does not.  Next March (2025), the Majestic is going to dry dock in Palermo.  The Harmony Restaurant is being removed and The Catch will move to that location.  A Sabatini's will be installed on Deck 7 in the current Catch location.  The Noodle bar will also be replaced with Pizza Slice venue.

36 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We just disembarked from the Majestic and spent 40 days on the Enchanted in Nov/Dec.  

Majestic has a Vines wine bar, Enchanted does not.  Next March (2025), the Majestic is going to dry dock in Palermo.  The Harmony Restaurant is being removed and The Catch will move to that location.  A Sabatini's will be installed on Deck 7 in the current Catch location.  The Noodle bar will also be replaced with Pizza Slice venue.

I love the Noodle Bar!  I have 2 cruises booked on her this year so, will be sure to take advantage of that venue while it still exists.  

• Like 1

I understand the Enchanted has an Irish pub known as O’Malley’s.  I would live to try that.

The Majestic has the Hollywood Conservatory rather than a Sanctuary.  Love that area so much.  

12 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I understand the Enchanted has an Irish pub known as O’Malley’s.  I would live to try that.

The Majestic has the Hollywood Conservatory rather than a Sanctuary.  Love that area so much.  

Do you know if the indoor pool on the Majestic is an adult area only.  I think in the beginning it was but in Australia children were allowed access and it was no longer a tranquil area.  Anyone have an update ?

Thank you

Louden

7 minutes ago, louden said:

Do you know if the indoor pool on the Majestic is an adult area only.  I think in the beginning it was but in Australia children were allowed access and it was no longer a tranquil area.  Anyone have an update ?

Thank you

Louden

I wish I knew.  The cruise when I finally discovered it had no children onboard.  It was super quiet and relaxing.  

3 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I wish I knew.  The cruise when I finally discovered it had no children onboard.  It was super quiet and relaxing.  

Thank you.  I have read there seems to be confusion about this.  Maybe it depends on location or date?  I wish Princess would provide some clarification.

Louden

• Like 1

We haven’t been on the Enchanted, but we do like the Majestic for the Noodle bar, and the open to all forward Hollywood Club.

We usually book the “obstructed” balconies or deluxe balconies on Emerald deck in the bump out. We are currently on the Royal Princess (sister) in one of these and our balcony is pretty big. You’ll see the differences on the deck plans. These are under the “inside” cabin category when looking in the website. And also, there is no real “obstruction” on the bump out, except you can’t see down to the water completely but down to the promenade deck.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

The Harmony Restaurant is being removed and The Catch will move to that location.  A Sabatini's will be installed on Deck 7 in the current Catch location.  The Noodle bar will also be replaced with Pizza Slice venue.

Thank you for posting. Very disappointing. We had interest to sail the Majestic for it's unique food venues.

@Cruise Raider Yes, there is an O'Malley's, it is quite a small venue. We could never get in because of the wait. Princess seriously misjudged how popular this would be. Arrive early.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mtnesterz said:

Thank you for posting. Very disappointing. We had interest to sail the Majestic for it's unique food venues.

@Cruise Raider Yes, there is an O'Malley's, it is quite a small venue. We could never get in because of the wait. Princess seriously misjudged how popular this would be. Arrive early.

The Majestic was originally built for the Chinese market and we know what happened with that idea.  Now that the Majestic is going to Europe they want it to be in-line with their other ships. 

We also had a conversation with a very Senior Staff Officer who said that there have been conversations regarding converting the Hollywood Conservatory to a Sanctuary. 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

The Majestic was originally built for the Chinese market and we know what happened with that idea.  Now that the Majestic is going to Europe they want it to be in-line with their other ships. 

We also had a conversation with a very Senior Staff Officer who said that there have been conversations regarding converting the Hollywood Conservatory to a Sanctuary. 🤷‍♂️

Can you shed any other light on upcoming changes whilst Majestic is in dry dock? We're going on the first sailing after and keen to know what the extent of the dry-dock schedule was 🙂 Many thanks in advance.

It certainly seems that Majestic has it's quirks... at least for now

15 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

I knew that was just a matter of time.  
While I will really miss the Noodle Bar, it is unlikely we will be sailing on the Majestic after this year.  Plus, I discovered that the Discovery has a noodle bar in the buffet area that was open every day.  And … it is so good!  

• Like 1