Suite Enhancements

56 minutes ago, hcat said:

so no personal tel no to call?   if one has  no cell phone or access to the app.. no chat?

It never says they are eliminating telephones. But yes, if you do not have access to the app you would have problem using the chat feature. 

1 hour ago, markeb said:

Pretty nice use of very small asterisks...

I'm usually not one to pick these things apart, and I know this is a marketing flyer, but someone's already asked about the specialty restaurants, and the disclaimers are there again on the mini-bar, just even smaller. How much time does it take to explain what's actually included when someone books a Sky Suite? 

The Butler Chat could be interesting. I think the shoe shine has always been there, but it's not something they mention onboard. And it seems like the vast majority of people are wearing some form of sneaker that doesn't need shining most of the time!

Celebrity butler concept could be a very positive experience.  If it is to be, they would need to double the number of butlers on each ship.  Until they get it right, and deploy as advertised, they should be limited to Royal Suite and above, especially on EClass.  They are failing at being all things to all cruisers.

• Like 1

I think we all need to wait for postings from actual cruisers, but then again, it is always different depending how each ship implements each “new” service.  🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Liao said:

Celebrity butler concept could be a very positive experience.  If it is to be, they would need to double the number of butlers on each ship.  Until they get it right, and deploy as advertised, they should be limited to Royal Suite and above, especially on EClass.  They are failing at being all things to all cruisers.

Yeah. They tried that. Didn't go over well. At all...

Alternative: Pay enough (With or without gratuities. Avoiding that third rail.) to recruit enough staff and adjust the fares accordingly. I can see THAT thread on Cruise Critic already...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It never says they are eliminating telephones. But yes, if you do not have access to the app you would have problem using the chat feature. 

Not eliminating telephones, but they will push the chat....like many other companies'  cust service connections.

5 hours ago, CNSfromHI said:

This is the one that grabs me:

"In-suite, guests can enjoy... a complimentary stocked minibar."

🥳

cjr

bringing back what we used to have.  good

"Reserved theater seating on show nights" - am I right that previously this was offered on chick nights only? If so, this could be a great perk

1 hour ago, 1Virgo said:

bringing back what we used to have.  good

* On that entry. Same as before for high level suites. Same as before for Sky Suites. Other than what's initially in the minibar is apparently complementary. It only says water is restocked in suites below Royal. That's effectively what they've been doing, even if it wasn't actually policy.

@Cap_D has brought about an important issue, the breakfast time in Luminae. Is it still the case that the breakfast ends at 9:00 am, even on a sea day? This is unbelievably early. Here is what the Suite Enhancement Flyer says on p.5 (A Day in the Retreat):

"9:00AM — WAKE UP IN TOTAL COMFORT"

Interestingly, the proposed day schedule does not consider a breakfast. At all. I am puzzled. Either extend the breakfast hours to match that "Day in the Retreat" pattern, or eliminate the Luminae breakfast altogether, similar to the loungers on balcony

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

There are a few changes buried here:

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/05_23_24_CAM_Update_Retreat_Creative-Consumer.pdf

It will be interesting to see how the Butler Chat works. That has been something mentioned for years and years. 

I tested this on Ascent and really liked it. I gave positive feedback and hoped would stay. It uses the app whasapp (spelling?), which I already had on my phone. I liked it because the communication was instant and you knew when your buttler read the message. I preferred this over the phone 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Not eliminating telephones, but they will push the chat....like many other companies'  cust service connections.

My buttler offered both. However,  I preferred the chat. I could text him from anywhere on the ship. 

3 hours ago, Liao said:

If you are referring to the chat feature,  it was great. I was on a sky suite and preferred this over the phone

5 hours ago, MNSails said:

This is probably the biggest perk for me.  I'd never pick up the phone to call my butler, but would absolutely text them for things. It will be nice to request things on the fly - snacks if we're returning from an excursion and have a firm ETA, or early morning coffee if one of us wakes up earlier than usual. Currently we just leave a note by the room number when we leave for the day, so this change will help us use the service more.

Plus free daily laundry in the RS and above is nice. That will save us $100 or so on our next trip.

Re chat with buttler: This is exactly how I used it. It worked great and in my feedback I said it is something that must remain. It eliminates miss understandings and you get instant responses

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cap_D said:

There's no actual details in the document, except the Chat is new and would help with Butler utilization and convenience.  I would add they need to fix the app for updated Android users so that new message alerts are visible, messages that are left on VM also are sent to chat, and have charging/outlets be more widley available.  A tablet in the room like some hotels could help, too.  But, if Butlers and retreat staff are not empowered, and product design is not oriented for guests (like no self serve coffee with breakfast in the lounge, sundeck menu with precooked burger, premade wrap, and limp salad), Retreat amenities become less useful and smoke and mirrors. 

Could one chat and ask for dishes from room service to be delivered wherever the guest is (or at least in the Retreat enclave)?  If not, that's a good example of the staff still not being able to meet a customer request.

Seems the oatmeal problem has totally turned you off to X.  Have you tried the smaller luxury lines where the crew to guest ratio is higher?    They may be staffed to deliver the personalized service you would like.  I don’t think new ships with about 160 suites are staffed to deliver the service unless you are in one of the 10 or so truly high end suites.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sandy1975 said:

I tested this on Ascent and really liked it. I gave positive feedback and hoped would stay. It uses the app whasapp (spelling?), which I already had on my phone. I liked it because the communication was instant and you knew when your buttler read the message. I preferred this over the phone 

I would think the butlers do also as it gives them a written request rather than taking notes or trying to remember on the fly.

2 hours ago, Swordfish1949 said:

Agree....they need to extend breakfast hours in Luminae....9:00 AM is too early....I believe the OV Cafe serves breakfast until 11:00 AM 

Yes they do, and I find that the cooked to order eggs in the OV are better and hot, as they come direct from the pan to the plate in my hand.  More often than not be it Luminae, Blu or the MDR  eggs are just warm by the time they get to the table.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Seems the oatmeal problem has totally turned you off to X.  Have you tried the smaller luxury lines where the crew to guest ratio is higher?    They may be staffed to deliver the personalized service you would like.  I don’t think new ships with about 160 suites are staffed to deliver the service unless you are in one of the 10 or so truly high end suites.

Perhaps.  For 1600 - 2000k  and up per day one of the staff standing around could have easily placed the order, passed me the phone to order room service, or slipped into the active kitchen for a scoop of the oatmeal or a packet of instant.  They'd have done that if I asked for an alcoholic drink, or as folks recount on here find a specific spirit if its not at the bar.  So, my point is Retreat staff should be hospitable and not indifferent.  As it is, the Retreat experience is a bit of a farce, with made up scarcity, and challenges that require solving for by the paying guest.  

Edited by Cap_D

4 hours ago, Swordfish1949 said:

Agree....they need to extend breakfast hours in Luminae....9:00 AM is too early....I believe the OV Cafe serves breakfast until 11:00 AM 

On sea days or when we have a later excursion we usually go to the Elite breakfast or the OV. Why be up for breakfast at 9am on a sea day when I don’t need to be. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boxerlover2 said:

Is the complimentary access to SEA Thermal Suite and Persian Garden a new perk for Royal Suites and above? 

This has not been listed as a perk before. However, I have heard of it being given on a few reviews.

From personal experience we have never been offered it (or requested it).

I can’t comment on E class ships but I think it is a wrong move on S class simply because of the size/design. In our experience on M class Persian Gardens isn’t usually mega busy, perhaps because it isn’t that nice to be in on. However, on S class it can already be over busy owing to the small number of tiled beds (and people being a bit greedy with time spent on them). Not really fair on Aqua guests and those paying for a pass to suddenly make it available for more guests…I can see complaints from many here. Perhaps better to allow RS guests and above to have one/two free visits pre booked. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Silversea defintely does, and even Princess (ostensibly the same level as Celebrity) does.

The difference being that Princess gives you eight airplane bottles of a limited selection of cheap liquors, and it’s not replenished.  Silversea gives you full sized bottles of quality liquor e.g. Grey Goose, and it’s replenished as needed.  (For some reason the bottles often need replenishment the last day of the cruise.)

Here is the info about the "stocked minibar" in the suites that are not the upper suites.                     

• Complimentary minibar stocked with soda and beer on embarkation day and water restocked daily