Excursions, unable to access

3 hours ago, Gail & Dan said:

Try holding ctrl key when you click on it 

Holding the ctrl key got me to the excursions for the city, but I still can't get to the details of the excursions. Until Princess fixes this problem, people will likely book independent excursions instead.

I’ve had problems getting into Shore Excursions for weeks now too!   Calling them for countless wasted minutes doesn’t help.  No one knows anything.   

And silly me, I tried getting prices on specific expenses to see if upgrade packages make sense.   After all, their recording while on hold says “Do the math…”  You can’t get prices from these folks in order to make a decision.  

Any suggestions?  

I feel extremely fortunate that I thought to try Edge last night and was able to get an excursion booked normally.  At the moment Edge still seems to be OK for me.  However, Edge or the Princess website is extremely jumpy, so not very enjoyable.  I just tried the suggested work around in Chrome, Yes it worked but quite awkward creating a new tab on each step that does not work properly. IMO it is just ridiculous that we as the website users have to figure out from each other how to use this website that is constantly wonky and malfuntioning.  YMMV

• Like 1

Accessing shore excursions is ridiculous.  Princess needs to correct the issue.  Right click, ctrl key, use a different browser, how incredibly screwed up.

• Like 1

Let me start off by saying that I love the people on cruise critic.  I have been trying to book an excursion for a few days and not able to access the excursion page.  I tried my computer and phone.  NOTHING!  I decided to check cruise critic and yep, people had solutions.

I logged into my computer, used the control key and BINGO......I could see excursions.  I used the control key each time I clicked on something, a new tab would appear, I clicked on the new tab and I finally have my excursion booked.  We just checked our phone app and it is there.

Thank you all!   I never would have thought to use the control key.

hpeabody.............I agree with you, we shouldn't have to.  My concern was I leave in 13 days and wanted to book this excursion.  I was happy to find a "work around".

44 minutes ago, sns1 said:

hpeabody.............I agree with you, we shouldn't have to.  My concern was I leave in 13 days and wanted to book this excursion.  I was happy to find a "work around".

I totally getchya.  Glad you were able to get what you needed in the end.  Happy cruising!

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 2:00 PM, Gail & Dan said:

Again hold the ctrl key sorry I should have said that if it won’t go or gets stuck hold that key it should work !

Thank you, this does work.  Any idea what this indicates about the webpage that this prompt is the only way to get access to excursions?  It doesn't seem like it's refreshing but I'm just curious how you came up with this solution (which I really appreciate by the way!).  It's kind of like what you sometimes have to do when clicking a link in an email...

Edited by azbirdmom

16 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Thank you, this does work.  Any idea what this indicates about the webpage that this prompt is the only way to get access to excursions?  It doesn't seem like it's refreshing but I'm just curious how you came up with this solution (which I really appreciate by the way!).  It's kind of like what you sometimes have to do when clicking a link in an email...

Your welcome ! I am no tech here so here goes my best guess ,It over rides your pop blocker and allows the website to show the excursions in this case , princess has for some reason gone back to the pop up format, witch almost all browsers block , so it’s a error on princess IT people to fix this 

• Thanks 2

On 5/25/2024 at 5:00 PM, Gail & Dan said:

Again hold the ctrl key sorry I should have said that if it won’t go or gets stuck hold that key it should work !

That *does* seem to work...but just note that it opens in a different tab than you are currently viewing.  People may not catch this if they have multiple tabs open a lot (as I do.)  I almost did not catch it (using Chrome)

8 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

That *does* seem to work...but just note that it opens in a different tab than you are currently viewing.  People may not catch this if they have multiple tabs open a lot (as I do.)  I almost did not catch it (using Chrome)

Yes, a new tab opens every time you want to do anything in the excursion section.  A pain but at least it's a way to do this until Princess gets it fixed.

Hello everyone!

There were two threads regarding the same topic. The threads have been merged into this one thread. Per the Cruise Critic software, all posts now appear in post date/time order on this newly merged thread. If anyone reading this thread was not aware there were two threads, please read back through the whole thread to make sure you have seen ALL of the posts so far. 

suggest everyone use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads or forums where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come l👀king for you as notifications! If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info)

Also, everyone please remember the following portion from the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

Browse Before You Post
Browse a topic first to see if your question has already been asked or answered by someone else. Also, many of the major cruise lines forums have a FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) topic that has been created by our members. Give that a try first. Browsing is your #1 best resource! Please post your messages in an appropriate topic so that you'll receive the best possible response. It is very time consuming to move misplaced messages that are in the wrong topics.

Hope this will be helpful to all and glad to have everyone aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

On 5/25/2024 at 10:44 AM, Gail & Dan said:

Try holding ctrl key when you click on it 

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been trying for days to print the excursions for my upcoming cruise with no success. I tried what you suggested and it worked with no success. 

I have another problem that I will post later today. Perhaps you will have a solution for that too!

Arlene

57 minutes ago, moodyb1 said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been trying for days to print the excursions for my upcoming cruise with no success. I tried what you suggested and it worked with no success. 

I have another problem that I will post later today. Perhaps you will have a solution for that too!

Arlene

If you are just trying to print the excursions you have booked, print your Travel Summary. It includes your booked excursions as well as most of the other details of your booking.

On 5/25/2024 at 2:00 PM, Gail & Dan said:

Thank you so much for this info.  The CTRL key works and you do have to click on the new tab.  Ive been checking every day for the up close Hubbard glacier tour for our 22 day Alaska cruise and today it became available.  Following  your instructions I was able to book two spots.  I've read here that this particular excursion sells out very fast, so yes thank you again. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

If you are just trying to print the excursions you have booked, print your Travel Summary. It includes your booked excursions as well as most of the other details of your booking.

I wanted the Description of the excursion as well as the Details. I don't think the Travel Summary gives you all that information.

Thanks,

Arlene

I have been trying to access Excursions on the Web site and Via App , .When I click explore excursions next to the port nothing happens.

I wondered if anyone else is having a problem.?

Posted (edited)

I have heard others with problems.  Mine all work through 2026, except for the Star, that’s another story.

Hope they do fix it tmrw for folks.  Over riding popups is too clumsy. SMH

Edited by PacnGoNow

Finally! I am now able to access and view and book excursions without any frustrating workarounds. This is for 2 cruises in January 2025.

Happy travels everyone.

seachelt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seachelt said:

Finally! I am now able to access and view and book excursions without any frustrating workarounds. This is for 2 cruises in January 2025.

Happy travels everyone.

seachelt

Yes, it's working for me now as well.