Movies in Room

artvlay

45 minutes ago, 555 said:

I think Princess is missing out on some revenue for first run movies. 

I wonder if Princess is missing out on profit from first run movies. They can be expensive. Theaters make their money on concessions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 555 said:

I think Princess is missing out on some revenue for first run movies. 

Are you encouraging more "nickle and dimeing"?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I didn't think that Princess even showed "first run" movies.  I thought their latest ones had just been released to digital...

I saw Dune (Part 1) on the Regal in early June of '22...it was released end of October '21. Not sure if that counts as "first run" or not but I was surprised to see it on their system and for free!

Posted (edited)

I can't imagine watching a movie while onboard a cruise ship. There are too many other things to do.

Edited by Teechur
punctuation repair
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Teechur said:

I can't imagine watching a movie while onboard a cruise ship. There are too many other things to do.

After a long day on shore, sometimes a movie is all we can manage.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, BamaVol said:

I wonder if Princess is missing out on profit from first run movies. They can be expensive. Theaters make their money on concessions. 

I couldn't tell you, I haven't been to a theater in over 40 years.

11 hours ago, EDDY0827 said:

Are you encouraging more "nickle and dimeing"?

As if they don't already.😄

11 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

It's not that kind of ship!

No?

Princess would sell just about anything from stuffed bears to bracelets, meals, priority seating, etc. Why not movies? 

Not that I would buy them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Teechur said:

Everyone is different!  It’s one of my favorite things to do while on a cruise.  We never get a chance to watch movies while at home. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

56 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Everyone is different!  It’s one of my favorite things to do while on a cruise.  We never get a chance to watch movies while at home. 

I watch them during the day instead of reading by the pool.

It's also something to do while waiting for the shows to begin while holding a seat for my wife in the Show Lounge. 😄

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Teechur said:

I wait literally an hour or more every cruise day waiting for my wife to get ready to leave the room, go to dinner etc. What else would I do but watch a movie?  I usually get through two or three each cruise just waiting..... ;o)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

33 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

wait literally an hour or more every cruise day waiting for my wife to get ready to leave the room, go to dinner etc. What else would I do but watch a movie?  I usually get through two or three each cruise just waiting..... ;o)

In my case, if my wife is lagging on departing the room, there's always a bar seat with my name on it.  She can find me there when she's ready...and then we're off to wherever.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

I wait literally an hour or more every cruise day waiting for my wife to get ready to leave the room, go to dinner etc. What else would I do but watch a movie?  I usually get through two or three each cruise just waiting..... ;o)

wait for her in Vines?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 555 said:

I watch them during the day instead of reading by the pool.

It's also something to do while waiting for the shows to begin while holding a seat for my wife in the Show Lounge. 😄

We watch them while waiting for the show too. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Teechur said:

Many of us certainly can. 

12 hours ago, Teechur said:

I don't watch movies at home either unless one of my grandsons has a movie on and it catches my attention. When they aren't home, I rarely turn the TV on. I prefer my ocean view, the Internet, or reading.

On ships, I enjoy people-watching, various events, the passing scenery, and I never choose a cruise that has more than two consecutive sea days.

YMMV and I'm thankful that we all have choices! 😉

9 minutes ago, Teechur said:

I don't watch movies at home either unless one of my grandsons has a movie on and it catches my attention. When they aren't home, I rarely turn the TV on. I prefer my ocean view, the Internet, or reading.

On ships, I enjoy people-watching, various events, the passing scenery, and I never choose a cruise that has more than two consecutive sea days.

YMMV and I'm thankful that we all have choices! 😉

I do love we all have choices.  I would pick a cruise that had all sea days if I could .. 

the more, the better.  I rarely book a cruise for the ports of call, unless it’s Alaska, but for the time on the ship.  

• Like 7

On 5/25/2024 at 5:06 AM, Cruise Raider said:

On a recent cruise we watched several seasons of Everybody loves Raymond at night in bed, hilarious 

• Like 1