Recent frequency in pricing discrepancies between the site and agents

Over the years, and for many cruises, I monitor web site prices and talk with agents about those prices. Those prices are usually the same or within maybe $10. Over the last two weeks I've had major discrepencies between the web site and agents. I'm talking about hundreds of dollars. The agent always has the much higher price and they need to bring in someone from their support team to address the pricing in the system. Has anyone else noticed this? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, chiguypaul said:

Over the years, and for many cruises, I monitor web site prices and talk with agents about those prices. Those prices are usually the same or within maybe $10. Over the last two weeks I've had major discrepencies between the web site and agents. I'm talking about hundreds of dollars. The agent always has the much higher price and they need to bring in someone from their support team to address the pricing in the system. Has anyone else noticed this? 

I’ve not experienced this, however, I do the leg work and know what the bottom line is and if different I usually compare the details. Recently, there was a price drop on my January ‘26 odyssey sail and agent tells me that it’s higher than the original booking. So I go back and redo the booking and I get the same results. 
So I email the agent and advise if they used the solo supplement promo of D 340 and that the reason for the difference. I even sent her a screenshot. 

Saved myself $275.00

Edited by nelblu

37 minutes ago, chiguypaul said:

Has anyone else noticed this? 

There was a thread about this recently - you may or may not get the web site price as that is on a different system that the agents use.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

There was a thread about this recently - you may or may not get the web site price as that is on a different system that the agents use.

I had this happen recently where the price on the web site was slightly lower than what my TA could reprice it for. He explained that the taxes and fees went down slightly on the website and that Royal won't reprice them, only the cruise fare portion.

Edited by mousemom11

9 minutes ago, mousemom11 said:

I had this happen recently where the price on the web site was slightly lower than what my TA could reprice it for. He explained that the taxes and fees went down slightly on the website and that Royal won't reprice them, only the cruise fare portion.

We assume the OP is not talking about that - that is known issue. Though that will be more difficult to see if RCI changes to a tax inclusive pricing model. 

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

So I email the agent and advise if they used the solo supplement promo of D 340 and that the reason for the difference. I even sent her a screenshot. 

Saved myself $275.00

@nelblu This may be a dumb question, but how did you see that promo code?  I always price online but if they sometimes offer codes for sole supplements, I'd love to know how to find them.  Thanks.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, RW_MI said:

@nelblu This may be a dumb question, but how did you see that promo code?  I always price online but if they sometimes offer codes for sole supplements, I'd love to know how to find them.  Thanks.

It's a Crown & Anchor Royal program offered to those individuals that have earned 340 nights that is why the code of DP340.  By the way there are restrictions such as not available on holidays, spring break or a period from late spring and summer.

I learned of the promo on this board as Royal doesn't volunteer the information.🤣

Edited by nelblu
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

We assume the OP is not talking about that - that is known issue. Though that will be more difficult to see if RCI changes to a tax inclusive pricing model. 

I haven’t seen it stated that the breakdown of prices will not be visible after the change. Do you have a link that shows this?

It is my understanding that it is the advertised price that will have to include all mandatory fees but I expect the quote or invoice to still show the breakdown.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, nelblu said:

I learned of the promo on this board as Royal doesn't volunteer the information.🤣

It is listed on the member benefits chart (#39) along with the restrictions. The actual code may not be apparent but you could ask an agent how to apply if you don’t know it.

Edited by c-leg5

6 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

I haven’t seen it stated that the breakdown of prices will not be visible after the change.

I’m sure that info will be available but many folks will try to get a price drop without bothering to look at that detail or not know that you can’t get the tax portion adjusted. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

First, many agents don't know about the DP340 promo code, even the RCCL staff.  Just tell them to go look it up, as it's in the list of Diamond Plus benefits for the solo supplement.

Secondly, if my agent isn't able to meet the online price (which hasn't happened, because my agent's pricing is ALWAYS lower), then I used to book the cruise online myself, and transfer it to my agent.

https://rccl.my.salesforce-sites.com/directtransfers/DTTRoyal

Edited by pcur

44 minutes ago, SLB cruiser said:

Unfortunately it happened to me this week. I don’t get it. 

I'm certainly not disputing it happens to other people.  I'd be hunting for a different agent.  

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm certainly not disputing it happens to other people.  I'd be hunting for a different agent.  

I ended up booking it myself and I am officially agentless.