Kettle in stateroom?

13 minutes ago, asctony said:

If you cruise out of US, it's a safety hazard! LOL

And they are serious about it.  We cruised princess last month out of Ft Lauderdale and they made us come down to the security area and open my wifes suitcase.  They thought her hair dryer was a Kettle...

12 minutes ago, 20165 said:

And they are serious about it.  We cruised princess last month out of Ft Lauderdale and they made us come down to the security area and open my wifes suitcase.  They thought her hair dryer was a Kettle...

I guess people who cruise out of the US don't know how to use a kettle? 

All Celebrity ships have a few kettles on them. We have requested and received a tea tray set up when in a suite world wide. 

22 minutes ago, asctony said:

On the ship we prefer our own tea made in our room so even if they can use a kettle they don’t always know how to make tea!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, asctony said:

Hello,

It was on the Independence out of Southampton and a US table companion said he

didn't know what a kettle was. I remember asking 'what do you call the thing you boil water in' but I cannot remember the reply.

Regards,

Cublet

Just now, cublet said:

Hello,

It was on the Independence out of Southampton and a US table companion said he

didn't know what a kettle was. I remember asking 'what do you call the thing you boil water in' but I cannot remember the reply.

Regards,

Cublet

Just like a bonnet on a car. LOL

Curious, when sailing out of the UK, do they have both coffee pots and kettles or do they replace the coffee pots with kettles?

What do I need a kettle for?  A Southern born Georgia boy wants to know.  Lots of places to get coffee on board. Room service works too. 

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

What do I need a kettle for?  A Southern born Georgia boy wants to know.  Lots of places to get coffee on board. Room service works too. 

Brits are OBSESSED with tea 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

What do I need a kettle for?  A Southern born Georgia boy wants to know.  

To make instant grits of course. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Just off the Apex. Very nice kettle in the room, along with a nice selection of teas.

However, we noted that just saying the word "kettle" caused spontaneous fires to break out all over the ship. When we plugged the kettle in to actually use it - well, the ship sank immediately with all hands. Kettles = danger! LOL

Edited by BuckeyeMark
  • Haha 3

Also just off the Apex. Beside the kettle there is a collection of different teas but no coffee.  When I asked my steward for some coffee she said that they were not given any coffee for the cabins, but I could get the sachets from the buffet and she could give me some creamers.  Which is what I did.

They obviously think Brits only drink tea 😂

3 hours ago, asctony said:

If you cruise out of US, it's a safety hazard! LOL

Yes but only if you are in a room between RS.    RS and above have both Kettles as well as Coffee machines.

The room steward has been happy to provide a kettle for me on all of the Celebrity ships I've been on. Not all lines are the same - I couldn't get one on my recent Regent Grandeur cruise and Oceania doesn't provide them either.

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes but only if you are in a room between RS.    RS and above have both Kettles as well as Coffee machines.

What a joke.

Just off Apex, confirm that there was a kettle and a selection of tea bags etc in our room. Tea bag brands ranged from ?Bigelow, but also Tetley. More varieties were available in the buffet, plus sachets of painfully sweet hot chocolate powder. 
Horrid little glass cups though, so we brought a couple of china mugs down from the buffet to use. The buffet also had little metal teapots for tea making, so we also ‘borrowed’ one of those to use in our room. 
Meant we could make our tea properly with boiling water. I did see people making tea in the buffet by putting the water in the pot first, then choosing  and unwrapping the tea bag before dangling it into the water. Not the way I’d like it. 

The buffet drink stations have milk. We have taken cups of milk to our cabin for our tea. I think we found small milk jugs on one cruse. We prefer real milk in tea and coffee rather than the stuff supplied in the little plastic pots, plus I like a lot of milk in my drinks.

On 5/28/2024 at 10:54 AM, Blossom3 said:

Hi, with the Apex leaving from Southampton, do they have kettles in staterooms please?

Thanks for all the replies, very happy that they do, always take my own Yorkshire Tea Bags for the cabin