Woo Hoo... Pinnacle now equals Zenith on Celebrity

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

don't  sail for benefits, but they are nice when offered. 

I do as the benefits accriued are woth $1k+ starting with the solo supplement and balcony discounts.

Ps,  I understand that X does not offer solo discounts, just wondering if they offer balcony discounts and 2X points for solos.

31 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I do as the benefits accriued are woth $1k+ starting with the solo supplement and balcony discounts.

Ps,  I understand that X does not offer solo discounts, just wondering if they offer balcony discounts and 2X points for solos.

Hello,

Yes, double points for solo in a double, not solo, cabin. So me in a Concierge cabin = 10 points per night.

Sometimes there are/were single special offers (especially during Covid) when double cabins were available to solos at half the couple's rate. But this is more a feature of low booking numbers than of altruism.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, nelblu said:

All of the Edge class ships have solo balcony and suite class cabins.

Edited by orville99

12 minutes ago, orville99 said:

DW and I just received our emails welcoming us to the Silversea Venetian Society - still crickets from RCL.😇

Royal's IT folks aren't the best............chirp.........chirp.....

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

They never home ported any ships out of PC; DW physically can’t travel by car for more than an hour or so without major discomfort so Miami and FLL were problematic; we also can’t fly any more so having a cruise line that only spends half the year in Florida was a major issue. Had X ported in PC, we would have booked the majority of our fall, winter, and spring B2B cruises on X. Now that they have a ship in PC and we have Brightline available to Miami and FLL, X is where all of our future bookings are going.

Glad it will work out.  We have an 8 hour drive to the nearest port or more often an air flight.  We don't mind the drive to PC, (much easier than to Tampa)  but most all other cruises are a flight and all the added expenses.  We took several X cruises  over the years, so we flew to South Florida or Europe for those cruises.   Sailing X from PC in early 2025. 

Enjoy your Celebrity cruises.  

m

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nelblu said:

edit to delete as the question was answered in a previous post. 

Edited by cruisegirl1

50 minutes ago, orville99 said:

DW and I just received our emails welcoming us to the Silversea Venetian Society - still crickets from RCL.😇

I need to join that…..we’re taking our first Silversea next June! Wer very excited!

have you booked it yet?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, orville99 said:

You’ve heard from X and Silversea.  What are you expecting from RCL?  Do you need an email from RCL reassuring you that your RCL status has not changed?😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

All of the Edge class ships have solo balcony and suite class cabins.

I can get solo balcony cabins on the Q class but not 2x points per night. 
Other questions that wasn’t answered is any balcony discounts like in the C&A 

program. 

18 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I can get solo balcony cabins on the Q class but not 2x points per night. 
Other questions that wasn’t answered is any balcony discounts like in the C&A 

program. 

We have never received a balcony discount.

54 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I need to join that…..we’re taking our first Silversea next June! Wer very excited!

have you booked it yet?

Not yet. If you go into your RCL app and swipe right to bring up your personal info, there is a link to the match program. Just click on that to add Silversea membership.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

You’ve heard from X and Silversea.  What are you expecting from RCL?  Do you need an email from RCL reassuring you that your RCL status has not changed?😂😂😂

I would have expected an email at least announcing the match program, just like the email I received from both X and Silversea announcing the program.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I would have expected an email at least announcing the match program, just like the email I received from both X and Silversea announcing the program.

And I expect you’d have gotten one from RCI If your RCI status had changed.  RCI knows you were informed of the new loyalty matching program by two corporate partners.  Plus there info about the program on the Internet, which you well know as evidenced by this thread.  What more could an RCI email add?

19 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

And I expect you’d have gotten one from RCI If your RCI status had changed.  RCI knows you were informed of the new loyalty matching program by two corporate partners.  Plus there info about the program on the Internet, which you well know as evidenced by this thread.  What more could an RCI email add?

We received three emails from Royal, one from Celebrity and zero from Silverseas🤣

Sherri🙂

37 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

RCL's IT department is clueless, and their marketing department is even worse. If I were D or D+, do you think they would have bothered letting me know that my benefits had increased. My Pin benefits increased substantially, and they never said squat. 

19 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

We received three emails from Royal, one from Celebrity and zero from Silverseas🤣

Sherri🙂

We received none, zero, nada, and that says everything about how well their outbound marketing works (Not).

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

We have never received a balcony discount.

That is why I'm loyal to Royal.  As D+, I get a balcony discount of $250/$188 for a 7 niter and $350/$263 for a longer cruise.  The lower amount is the reduction due to the solo supplement discount, when available.

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

My Pin benefits increased substantially, and they never said squat. 

Not sure that is an IT issue.  Do you get notified either from the Loyalty Ambassador or Concierge of your on-board benefits.  

Not yet. If you go into your RCL app and swipe right to bring up your personal info, there is a link to the match program. Just click on that to add Silversea membership.

I do not have anything about silver sea in my profile just shows Royal and celebrity.

I’m confused. In the app (not the website)where do you swipe right? From which screen?

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

We did as well.  Bucky thinks it's hilarious that we are now a strange mix of a creature called Pinnacle/Zenith/Venetian. Sounds exotic.  🤣

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We received none, zero, nada, and that says everything about how well their outbound marketing works (Not).

We received the announcement email  awhile ago from RCI about the new status match program.  I almost deleted it, figuring it was yet another promo come on...then for some reason it caught my attention.  I shouted to Bucky..."Damn...is this right??!!"....  😱

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I’m confused. In the app (not the website)where do you swipe right? From which screen?

I tapped the square that shows my pinnacle points on the app screen where you see your next sailing.  It then went to another screen where you should see a Loyalty Match tab.  That is where I found it.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Anton said:

I tapped the square that shows my pinnacle points on the app screen where you see your next sailing.  It then went to another screen where you should see a Loyalty Match tab.  That is where I found it.

Thanks! That worked!