The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday June 4th, 2024

28 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Thank you Lenda. Thank goodness it isn’t an infection but he does have some irritation so he’s on some ointment. Doctor was new to us and very young!  She thinks he might be incontinent. Oh dear.

Sharon, that's good there is no infrection.  I hope he's not incontient, but ar lesst now there are doggie dispers.

Lenda

• Like 8

How to teach a cat to purr.

With the kitten, hold them close, pet them softly and make a purring noise.  They associate the good feeling with the purring.  

With Fawn,  Little Red, her friend was a purrer.  She did not know how.  I would pet him, he would purr, and then I would pet her,  Pet him, purr, pet her, pet him, he purred....and finally she associated the petting with purring.  Cats that are feral usually dont purr, but i have pet a bobcat, and he purred just fine..

Animal rescue outside Carlsbad NM back in the mid 70's.

I opened the door and a stray ran in, I guess he didn't know who lived here, because he tried to hide under the sofa.  Chuck weet and and didn't watch the door, and Furnando escaped.  It's been a cat's day. He yelled at him to get him back.  

• Like 15

47 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

How to teach a cat to purr.

With the kitten, hold them close, pet them softly and make a purring noise.  They associate the good feeling with the purring.  

With Fawn,  Little Red, her friend was a purrer.  She did not know how.  I would pet him, he would purr, and then I would pet her,  Pet him, purr, pet her, pet him, he purred....and finally she associated the petting with purring.  Cats that are feral usually dont purr, but i have pet a bobcat, and he purred just fine..

Animal rescue outside Carlsbad NM back in the mid 70's.

I opened the door and a stray ran in, I guess he didn't know who lived here, because he tried to hide under the sofa.  Chuck weet and and didn't watch the door, and Furnando escaped.  It's been a cat's day. He yelled at him to get him back.  

Wow Annie that’s amazing!  You truly are a cat whisperer. 

• Like 14

I didn’t expect to post this late, but here I am.

What a day!

Just because one orders wheelchair service doesn’t mean it is going to happen.  It was 0 for 3 today.  No service in JAX, or MIA or in Barbados.  AA will hear about this, not that I think anything will happen.

Our gate was changed in MIA and it was not walkable.  We finally convinces a golf cart driver to take us to the new gate.  

We arrived late in Barbados due to a weather delay.  No wheelchair at the plane.  it was pouring.  We were told to get on the bus to the terminal and a wheelchair would be waiting.  Well, DH fell getting on to the bus.  And even then, there was no chair. Then we had to have the medics come and clean him up since his leg was really bleeding badly.  I had ordered VIP service, which did almost nothing.  DH’s slacks and socks were full of blood and he was a mess.  We finally got through the airport and the car I ordered took us to the hotel.

All the clothes had to go to the laundry.  DH getting more and more confused.  

We went to dinner and after dinner he wanted to know how many days he’s had the bandage on. I could not convince him that it was only a few hours.

Tomorrow we will go to the medical facility nearby to have them take a look at him.  He has GEOBLUE coverage so it should not cost much, if anything.

It has been a tiring day and it has rained all day.  I hope the sun comes out tomorrow and we can get his leg attended to.

So there is my update at 1 am.

Terri

• Like 6
  • Thanks 14

18 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

What a day!

Just because one orders wheelchair service doesn’t mean it is going to happen.  It was 0 for 3 today.  No service in JAX, or MIA or in Barbados.  AA will hear about this, not that I think anything will happen.

Our gate was changed in MIA and it was not walkable.  We finally convinces a golf cart driver to take us to the new gate.  

We arrived late in Barbados due to a weather delay.  No wheelchair at the plane.  it was pouring.  We were told to get on the bus to the terminal and a wheelchair would be waiting.  Well, DH fell getting on to the bus.  And even then, there was no chair. Then we had to have the medics come and clean him up since his leg was really bleeding badly.  I had ordered VIP service, which did almost nothing.  DH’s slacks and socks were full of blood and he was a mess.  We finally got through the airport and the car I ordered took us to the hotel.

We went to dinner and after dinner he wanted to know how many days he’s had the bandage on. I could not convince him that it was only a few hours.

Tomorrow we will go to the medical facility nearby to have them take a look at him.  He has GEOBLUE coverage so it should not cost much, if anything.

It has been a tiring day and it has rained all day.  I hope the sun comes out tomorrow and we can get his leg attended to.

Terri

wow Terri that’s sad to hear. I have heard others say the wheelchair service is unreliable. What a shame Jim fell trying to board the bus. I hope medical can clean it up a bit and maybe give him something in case it starts to get infected. You both need a sunny day to lounge around at the beach or pool to relax. Hoping things get better soon!

• Like 14

7 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Little late to the party Graham! 👍👍👍👍👍

Pauline had just finished work and was stressed so a visit to the beach was a great pick me up.

Pauline kept her snack out of sight.

It saved making dinner when we got home.

It is a lot cooler 43°F but sunny with clear skies here at 06.50am.

Hope everyone is well.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

What a day!

Terri

Oh no.

I'm sorry to hear your ordeal Terri.

I hope you have a much better day today and get DH injuries sorted and have a happy restful rest of your vacation.

• Like 9

22 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

@kazu Jacqui I will post of picture of a stirrup hoe at the end of my post since your weeds aren't established it is a great way to remove them from your seat or standing, prayers your foot continues to heal.  

thanks Nancy.  I have something similar although I can’t figure out how to use it without bending.  Sadly it won’t work for the pervasive weed at the back that returns every year.  It has to be pulled as it grows on some wooden underground.  We’ve tried everything to get rid of it but sadly, nothing has worked.  The others should come up easily though.

I’m going to give another shot at finding someone.  Not sure if my back and legs can handle it.  I’d call my lawn care company but the charge would be exorbitant - way more than necessary.

12 hours ago, ger_77 said:

In re-reading my post from this morning, I realize today is my 22nd CC Anniversary; who knew it was 2002 when I first joined?  Might need an extra glass of wine to celebrate the occasion. 

Happy anniversary Gerry 🙂. that is truly worthy of an extra glass of wine 😄 

9 hours ago, JazzyV said:

I also just realized today is my CC anniversary, 17 years!

Congrats Vanessa!  Another long timer 🙂 

9 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Mine too - but I'm a relative newcomer - just 6 years.

Happy Anniversary!  There’s no such thing as “just” 😉 

5 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

What a day!

Terri

Oh my heavens, Terri!  😱. How absolutely awful 😔. I’m so sorry that you didn’t get the assistance you should have and for your husband’s awful accident.  I hope he will be ok 🙏. Hopefully the medical attention today will suffice and you can both relax 🤞 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

What a day!

Terri

Terri, how awful to not get the service you ordered and were promised.  I hope Your DH's leg injury heals quickly.  I also hope the sun comes out today, and that ypu can enjoy the rest of your trip..

Lenda

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

What a day!

Terri

Terri

I am so sorry to read this. AA should hear about this. Sadly, they do not think about the consequences of not providing a promised service. And they should.  They will probably tell you that it is the airport that provides the service - so perhaps you should also provide feedback to the three airports. 

Praying that everything goes well from now on. 

Ann

• Like 9