Infinite Veranda question

Bxc53

9 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I don’t understand your question. You have booked an outside? So you have booked an infinite veranda?

No, as stated in my post I asked, what decks are outside cabins on, trying to work out if bidding for an upgrade would afford a better placed deck.

2 minutes ago, debgreg said:

No, as stated in my post I asked, what decks are outside cabins on, trying to work out if bidding for an upgrade would afford a better placed deck.

On Edge class if you want to be certain of a veranda then you should look at a Sky Suite.  Maybe a sunset veranda or a porthole cabin.

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

On Edge class if you want to be certain of a veranda then you should look at a Sky Suite.  Maybe a sunset veranda or a porthole cabin.

Sorry I’m confused 🤦‍♀️😂 we have booked an outside, I asked if bidding for an IV would give us a better deck. We definitely don’t want to bid for a Sky suite 😎 rather spend my money on other things 😊

1 minute ago, debgreg said:

Sorry I’m confused 🤦‍♀️😂 we have booked an outside, I asked if bidding for an IV would give us a better deck. We definitely don’t want to bid for a Sky suite 😎 rather spend my money on other things 😊

I think you’re use of the term “outside” is what is confusing us. What room have you booked?

2 minutes ago, debgreg said:

Did you book an Oceanview cabin (deck 3)?

Edited by d9704011

14 minutes ago, debgreg said:

I like the IV cabins on Edge class but I choose and book them myself; the first time I was on Edge, I booked a cabin on deck 6 forward; it was located above the theatre and was noisy in the afternoons and evenings.  Further aft may not be much better.  If you bid on an IV you may not end up much 'better' off than the Oceanview cabin.  It will be entirely subjective and not predictable.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, debgreg said:

Ocean view, on other lines they call them outside 😂

What other lines are you sailing?

Celebrity, Royal, Holland, and DCL say "Ocean View", Balcony (or Veranda), Suite. I've never heard of an "Outside Stateroom" on a cruise ship. That sounds like a deck chair on the pool deck.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Celebrity, Royal, Holland, and DCL say "Ocean View", Balcony (or Veranda), Suite. I've never heard of an "Outside Stateroom" on a cruise ship. That sounds like a deck chair on the pool deck.

Well semantics 😊 We have an ocean view guarantee, what do you think  🤷‍♀️😂

9 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

They could be confusing the term as the next cabin category up from INSIDE or INTERIOR, but as you stated there's no cruiseline that uses the term outside for an Oceanview or Window cabin category since it doesn't make any sense.  

26 minutes ago, debgreg said:

Usually Suite, balcony, outside 😊

I understand what you are asking & won't make you jump through explanations...

The IVs start on deck 6 and go upward.

ocean view Interior space 200-242 sq. ft.
veranda interior space 243 sq. ft. + 42 sq. ft. veranda..  so effectively 285 Sq. ft.

Attached photos so you can see the extra

zOceanView.jpg

zVeranda.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

They could be confusing the term as the next cabin category up from INSIDE or INTERIOR, but as you stated there's no cruiseline that uses the term outside for an Oceanview or Window cabin category since it doesn't make any sense.  

Sorry here in the U.K. there is IMG_1522.thumb.jpeg.e517b5cbc929e8993d0bd3ab39618310.jpeg

7 minutes ago, debgreg said:

The photos resized on the site - Note that the beds are the same size - so the extra space is all to the left.   A guaranteed could be as small as 200 sq ft, but I suspect those may be single rooms.  I would expect the guaranteed to be 242, so you'll get about 1/6 of the room extra.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TGfromTX said:

The photos resized on the site - Note that the beds are the same size - so the extra space is all to the left.   A guaranteed could be as small as 200 sq ft, but I suspect those may be single rooms.  I would expect the guaranteed to be 242, so you'll get about 1/6 of the room extra.

Thank you, I think we will just stay with what we have. I appreciate your help, I really hope we haven’t made a mistake booking celebrity, if the clientele is so pedantic 🤦‍♀️

19 minutes ago, debgreg said:

I think you've booked an Ocean View.

I personally like the IV cabins.

BUT I'm the wrong person to ask because I prefer to select where my cabin is and wouldn't ever do a guarantee. Saving a little bit of money to let the cruiseline pick for me isn't worth it when they could stick me wherever they want.

If upgrading lets you pick your cabin, that's a no brainer for me. If it doesn't? IMHO you're in the same situation that they can stick you wherever.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, debgreg said:

Thank you, I think we will just stay with what we have. I appreciate your help, I really hope we haven’t made a mistake booking celebrity, if the clientele is so pedantic 🤦‍♀️

You mentioned IV which is a topic everyone responding to you has an issue with - so they tend to go sort of negative.  Most of them wouldn't be caught on a ship with IV cabins - so I wouldn't be concerned at all with that.

I will say that in US, a category upgrade only means an upgrade in the major category - so if you want the upgrade on an ocean view, you'll be paying for a lower class ocean view and placed in a higher classed ocean view.  Most of these upgrades are a move toward mid ship (where there is less rocking) and upward (most people want to be closer to pool or the higher view).  It doesn't mean a move from cabin type to another -and a guaranteed room isn't eligible for to promo.  Not sure how Europe does it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, debgreg said:

you can look for your ship and cabin category on line and see what they look like.. it's really not overly complicated. It    could look like this but you have to search what u have  

images.jpeg

Edited by hcat

8 minutes ago, debgreg said:

It's not pedantic to try to understand what you mean when you give a cabin category that doesn't exist on the cruiseline.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I think you've booked an Ocean View.

I personally like the IV cabins.

BUT I'm the wrong person to ask because I prefer to select where my cabin is and wouldn't ever do a guarantee. Saving a little bit of money to let the cruiseline pick for me isn't worth it when they could stick me wherever they want.

If upgrading lets you pick your cabin, that's a no brainer for me. If it doesn't? IMHO you're in the same situation that they can stick you wherever.

Thanks, we don’t really care unless it’s under the pool or somewhere where chairs are dragged at 5 am, but we do have the premium DP, so might not even notice 😂

2 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

It's not pedantic to try to understand what you mean when you give a cabin category that doesn't exist on the cruiseline.

Back in the day the P&O and Cunard were not part of Carnival Corp., and prior to balconies being the norm, there were two choice of cabin (stateroom). Inside or Outside. Outside basically was the same as Oceanview, being they had portholes.

• Like 2