Please help with cabin selection on Sapphire Princess.....

We have cruised extensively with RCL and Celebrity, but this will be our first with Princess. Looking at the Sapphire Princess South America and Antarctica 1/8/2026. Does anyone know if there should be a preference for port vs starboard for this particular cruise? And, we're trying to decide between a BE Balcony on the Caribe Deck vs a Premium Balcony on the same deck. Is the difference really just the location? Would love to have a loveseat vs a chair. All input is appreciated!

Posted (edited)

I'd take C224 or C228; port side for (maybe) a better view of Cape Horn, somewhat forward on Caribe deck to get larger balcony without paying for a 'premium' balcony.  Great trip.

Edited by d9704011
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, lanabanana said:

We have cruised extensively with RCL and Celebrity, but this will be our first with Princess. Looking at the Sapphire Princess South America and Antarctica 1/8/2026. Does anyone know if there should be a preference for port vs starboard for this particular cruise? And, we're trying to decide between a BE Balcony on the Caribe Deck vs a Premium Balcony on the same deck. Is the difference really just the location? Would love to have a loveseat vs a chair. All input is appreciated!

No sure about which side but balcony cabins don't have sofas. Mini suites do which why we cruise in the minis. I like deck eight for the covered balcony.

10 minutes ago, lanabanana said:

To get a sofa, you'll need to book a mini-suite or higher.

Port or starboard depends on your route...and preference....

Caribe deck - the only difference between "premium" and not is location. Cabin and balcony size are the same between BE and premium balcony midships 

Sapphire doesn't have Deluxe Balcony cabins, which are ones with small 2 seater sofa - those start on Royal class and newer...

Best cabin on the ship.  Sold as a B4 balcony. 

I sailed the Sapphire from La to Buenos Aires with 4 days of scenic sailing in Antarctica this past December.  The best side is outside. By. far.  But I had spectacular views from my starboard balcony too.  

• Like 1

Welcome to Princess!

To explain, The 'Premium' refers' to the deeper balconies on this deck that are more mid-ship, and to AFT wake-view balconies on the ship.

Unfortunately, on this class of ship, you do have to book a Mini-suite to have any seating.

If you have looked at videos and have seen the barrel chair, Princess has removed them from the staterooms.

Know that the Mini-suites on Dolphin Deck 9  decks have open, un-covered, balconies.

You might look at Mini-suites on Deck 8 Emerald Deck.

23 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Unfortunately, on this class of ship, you do have to book a Mini-suite to have any seating.

Not true. D736/737 are deluxe balconies and have a love seat. See the pictures in my review posted above. 

2 hours ago, d9704011 said:

I'd take C224 or C228; port side for (maybe) a better view of Cape Horn, somewhat forward on Caribe deck to get larger balcony without paying for a 'premium' balcony.  Great trip.

This.

Posted (edited)

This is the cabin that is currently available that we would book if we wanted a fully covered aft-facing balcony cabin on this cruise. We were on the Sapphire for a 30-day B2B this past January in an aft-facing vista suite on the Caribe deck 10, which would have been the one next to this one but only on the starboard side. See my Live From thread in my below signature to see some of the benefits of an aft-facing cabin on this particular cruise.

One perk about an aft-facing cabin among many is that they are protected from the wind, especially when the ship is moving, as well as rainy weather in most cases. The views of both sides of the ship as well as from the aft can also be a huge benefit if you’re in an aft-facing cabin. 😁

IMG_8223.thumb.jpeg.fa1f0cde6b82d9140dfb4264c1571d59.jpeg

IMG_8224.thumb.jpeg.cfe5ab65f40bc412e0c2ce2780e08de0.jpeg

Edited by Ken the cruiser

46 minutes ago, lanabanana said:

Thanks, Everyone! Going to choose the aft cabin if it remains available when my TA books.

Good choice IMHO. One suggestion. Since it's only $200 refundable deposit right now, and the sale includes $1,800 in OBC, you may want to book the aft-facing cabin on the Caribe deck today, as it is in a very cool location, and then transfer the booking to your TA. Just a suggestion.

15 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Best cabin on the ship.  Sold as a B4 balcony. 

I sailed the Sapphire from La to Buenos Aires with 4 days of scenic sailing in Antarctica this past December.  The best side is outside. By. far.  But I had spectacular views from my starboard balcony too.  

Did 32 days Hawaii/South Pacific cruise in D736.....great cabin for those longer itinerates. 

HASWSFTM Cruise Sapphire Princess Cabin D736 11 09 23 IMG_0542 lum.jpg