Royal Suite Amenities

48 minutes ago, ggo85 said:

We are in the RS and have the coffee maker.  The one that starts with an “L.”  I don’t drink coffee so I don’t care, but for those who do, it’s still there, at least in our cabin. 

Have lost track ... which ship?

18 hours ago, DannyS said:

I'm in a RS in a few weeks, here's the list of alcohols the Shoreside concierge provided to choose from (to stock the mini bar and to choose the 2 bottles of liquor with a note that "in case the liquor is not your preferred option we can substitute with a bottle of wine, we carry a variety of Merlot, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Grigio, Pinot Noir, Riesling, and Sauvignon Blanc")

Rum:

Bacardi Silver
Bacardi 8 Anos
Brugal Anejo
Bumbu Rum
Captain Morgan
Diplomatico Rum Reserva
Malibu
Rum Pyrat XO
Ron Zacapa 23

Thank you for posting this list.  Very helpful.  They have my favorite Rum:  Zacapa 23.  Love a classic Daiquiri made with Zacapa 23. 

We got monogrammed PJ's on our cruise in March, 23 in a RS on Solstice.  On embarkation day, our butler asked how we wanted them monogrammed...and our size preference.  I got a large thinking they would shrink in the wash and boy did they ever!  Still, it was a nice gesture while it lasted.

1 hour ago, travellerin1984 said:

I am interested in lunch alternatives on port days in m-class ships. We just got move-up to royal suite on Infinity and are curious about the lunch on port days. Is sushi on five open during lunch? 

Last year on Millennium, Sushi on 5 opened at 3pm. Lunch options on port days were buffet, pool grill, Retreat Sundeck (if applicable), and room service. I can't recall if Spa Cafe was also serving lunch on port days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We got monogrammed PJ's on our cruise in March, 23 in a RS on Solstice.  On embarkation day, our butler asked how we wanted them monogrammed...and our size preference.  I got a large thinking they would shrink in the wash and boy did they ever!  Still, it was a nice gesture while it lasted.

The PJs have to be the most ill fitting garments I've tried on in quite a while. I've stopped asking for them as they end up in the donation pile. 

• Like 3

Lunch on port days offers nothing extra for RS passengers.  On sea days, you can do Porch, Sushi and Luminae. Maybe Retreat deck, but not many options. 

2 hours ago, travellerin1984 said:

I am interested in lunch alternatives on port days in m-class ships. We just got move-up to royal suite on Infinity and are curious about the lunch on port days. Is sushi on five open during lunch? 

Lunch options are limited port days on all ships but especially on M class ships. I strongly suggest you discuss this with your butler on boarding. Let him know which ports you are not getting off or doing a short excursion. We were in the PH on Millie and our butler was able to arrange an Indian meal for us not on any menu. We did request he sorted us a ‘something’ 24 hours in advance. The Indian theme was his idea. Definitely not something I would feel it reasonable to request last minute.

12 hours ago, chemmo said:

Lunch options are limited port days on all ships but especially on M class ships. I strongly suggest you discuss this with your butler on boarding. Let him know which ports you are not getting off or doing a short excursion. We were in the PH on Millie and our butler was able to arrange an Indian meal for us not on any menu. We did request he sorted us a ‘something’ 24 hours in advance. The Indian theme was his idea. Definitely not something I would feel it reasonable to request last minute.

Thanks for the advice! Sounds great! Is there a separate room service menu for the suites? I guess it might be a good alternative if we don’t feel like going to buffet and sushi on five is not open. 

11 minutes ago, travellerin1984 said:

Thanks for the advice! Sounds great! Is there a separate room service menu for the suites? I guess it might be a good alternative if we don’t feel like going to buffet and sushi on five is not open. 

There is a general menu which actually is quite good for a crash out day. Chicken noodle soup, chicken Caesar salad and club sandwiches spring to mind as things we have enjoyed! I honestly can’t remember if this menu was specific to suites or available to all the difference being in a suite you don’t pay for it.

We have always had a general rule with room service that if we ask in advance (24 hours) we hope the butler can sort something for us but if we decide we want something last minute we stick to requesting from the general menu.

Whilst many avoid the buffet port days are the ideal time to visit and enjoy regardless of what room you are in. The area will usually be quiet until 1.30-2.00pm as people return from excursions. It is nice to ‘graze’ all the options and dine by the window or outside. Never an issue on port days getting a seat. Another option we have taken is to pick up a couple of customised sandwiches and salad from the buffet and take it back to enjoy on our balcony…

Finally we often find that three full meals a day is an overload! Why not order a late full breakfast in your suite. Come lunch time a lack of options becomes less of an issue! The room service salads may be enough….

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2024 at 10:19 AM, patchit said:

First time booking a Royal Suite.  I saw listed in the room amenities "sleepwear".  Is that something Celebrity still does?  If so, what exactly do you receive?

We were on the Solstice in May, and received the PJ’s. They did not offer to monogram them, and FYI they run on the small side. 

IMG_2239.jpeg

Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2024 at 10:41 AM, patchit said:

We'll be on the Ascent, so Edge Class.  So maybe there will be PJ's for us.

The slippers are a waste if you ask me.  Are the slippers different from the ones you receive in a Celebrity Suite?  If so, one size fits all doesn't cut it for me.  I have little feet!  I don't even take them out of the package. 

I was curious about the choice of 2 bottles of liquor, also.  Is there a list they provide?  Or can you tell them what you would like?

May 2024 Solstice.

Premium Spirits List - 2024x.pdf

Edited by DiamondSuiteCruiser
  • Like 1

On 6/12/2024 at 9:24 AM, patchit said:

Thank you for posting this list.  Very helpful.  They have my favorite Rum:  Zacapa 23.  Love a classic Daiquiri made with Zacapa 23. 

That's my favorite rum as well.   If you love the Daiquiri, try and Zacapa Old Fashioned.  I love those. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2024 at 8:47 AM, 2NHcruisers said:

and your own lavazza if you want decent coffee in the room.. was a nice perk while it lasted..

We had one in our RS on the Solstice last month, along with a lovely assortment of coffees to choose from.  

Posted (edited)

I am curious about eating at the specialty restaurants when staying in royal suite. Are the premium steaks included? For example porterhouse steak at Tuscan grill?

Edited by travellerin1984

On 6/15/2024 at 10:02 AM, chemmo said:

There is a general menu which actually is quite good for a crash out day. Chicken noodle soup, chicken Caesar salad and club sandwiches spring to mind as things we have enjoyed! I honestly can’t remember if this menu was specific to suites or available to all the difference being in a suite you don’t pay for it.

We have always had a general rule with room service that if we ask in advance (24 hours) we hope the butler can sort something for us but if we decide we want something last minute we stick to requesting from the general menu.

Whilst many avoid the buffet port days are the ideal time to visit and enjoy regardless of what room you are in. The area will usually be quiet until 1.30-2.00pm as people return from excursions. It is nice to ‘graze’ all the options and dine by the window or outside. Never an issue on port days getting a seat. Another option we have taken is to pick up a couple of customised sandwiches and salad from the buffet and take it back to enjoy on our balcony…

Finally we often find that three full meals a day is an overload! Why not order a late full breakfast in your suite. Come lunch time a lack of options becomes less of an issue! The room service salads may be enough….

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you! I agree, we have been on Celebrity many times but it is first time on royal suite and we just want to know what kind of alternatives we have. We eat light lunch so it wont be a problem to find something to eat but it is nice to know more (part of looking forward to our upcoming cruise..) We are really looking forward to royal suite experience. 

Not sure if they ran out of stock but on recent Edge Cruise no premium Slipers (used to be from Frette) and same bathroom amenities as in regular cabins (Bigelow). Anyway, since X has a colaboration with LVMH they should offer proucts from Bvlgari or Aqua di Parma for instance in the Suites.

2 hours ago, travellerin1984 said:

I am curious about eating at the specialty restaurants when staying in royal suite. Are the premium steaks included? For example porterhouse steak at Tuscan grill?

To my knowledge, no. Anything off the “regular” menu is included. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2024 at 1:11 PM, RichYak said:

Last year on Millennium, Sushi on 5 opened at 3pm. Lunch options on port days were buffet, pool grill, Retreat Sundeck (if applicable), and room service. I can't recall if Spa Cafe was also serving lunch on port days.

We were on Summit in March so on port days we had lunch in outdoor retreat or waited to 3 to go to sushi on 5. 

2 hours ago, George C said:

We were on Summit in March so on port days we had lunch in outdoor retreat or waited to 3 to go to sushi on 5. 

What is the outdoor retreat?

22 minutes ago, Liao said:

What is the outdoor retreat?

All ships have an indoor suite lounge hat used to be called Michaels and is now called the retreat. Starting with E class they added an outdoor area on most ships for suites, on E class there is a pool , hot tubs and bar . On der ships there normally is just a hot tub with waiters that will bring drinks and lunch.

Posted (edited)
On 6/14/2024 at 9:40 AM, travellerin1984 said:

Easiest way is to look at the current Infinity sailing on the App -  Choose Dining Tab and then under each eating place -  Under Times -  Show More and will show schedule for complete cruise.

It shows open daily (including Port Days)  from 12:00- 3:00

IMG_5242.png

Edited by Jim_Iain