Dining reservations

negn

1 minute ago, Z0nker said:

My bad. Thought today was Sunday. 

I only knew because after last year’s family cruise (2 adult kids, spouses and one granddaughter each) we decided to do an all inclusive land vacation in the Dominican Republic instead of a cruise.  We return home tomorrow so I knew the date.  Tonight we vote on whether next year’s family vacation will be a cruise or an all inclusive.  I think the all inclusive will win even though DH and I are auditioning the Sun Princess in January.  I already see too many issues with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, capriccio said:

I only knew because after last year’s family cruise (2 adult kids, spouses and one granddaughter each) we decided to do an all inclusive land vacation in the Dominican Republic instead of a cruise.  We return home tomorrow so I knew the date.  Tonight we vote on whether next year’s family vacation will be a cruise or an all inclusive.  I think the all inclusive will win even though DH and I are auditioning the Sun Princess in January.  I already see too many issues with it.

I’m envious. We tried to organize an 8 person cruise for 2025. Fell apart quickly; too many moving parts. But three of us will still go, so not a wasted effort. 

13 minutes ago, OceanoPair said:

Do you think it will be midnight Eastern Time or Pacific Time since Princess is headquartered in Santa Clarita, CA? That could change the over/under.

Pacific. And I wouldn’t bet on it opening at midnight.   I will give you all a chance and will wait until July 2 nd to book mine.

37 minutes ago, dog said:

Pacific. And I wouldn’t bet on it opening at midnight.   I will give you all a chance and will wait until July 2 nd to book mine.

Unless the tech folks are working thru the weekend, I’d guess later in the day. 

2 hours ago, Z0nker said:

Unless the tech folks are working thru the weekend, I’d guess later in the day. 

Hah, I’ll take the over even on July 2. Or July 12. 

Any takers? Anyone? Bueller?

I figure if they were ready for us, they’d be advertising on the Home Page something along the lines of “Get Ready to Choose Your Dining!”

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

I got this yesterday from Princess. Got excited. Thought maybe they had opened them early. Nope. Nothing. Nada.

image.png.616dbb80d5830bee57aa2ab9ef584fdb.png

I also checked today. I thought it would make sense for them to do an unannounced soft launch a day early so they could see what happens when the people who checked found it open. Nope.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

I've made all my dinner reservations a week or 2 ago for our August cruise. I just added the Crown Grill a few minutes ago.

The resting of us are locked out because we sail after Sept 14. 

1 hour ago, 2jeffs2 said:

Do we know which dining room will be used for reservable dining on Emerald Princess yet? 

I don't think anyone knows about that for any of the ships for the new dining scheme.  If I had to guess, I would say it would be one of those midship, deck 5 or 6.  But who knows?

13 minutes ago, Kay S said:

I don't think anyone knows about that for any of the ships for the new dining scheme.  If I had to guess, I would say it would be one of those midship, deck 5 or 6.  But who knows?

Including Princess!  The representative from Investor Relations said that it appears Princess underestimated the number of dining reservations that needed to be cancelled and then rebooked.rebooted.

With 50,000 berths there would be at least 80,000 reservations each evening.  Multiply by many days and the total is in the tens of millions.  

We experienced a trial run on our holiday cruise.  All MDR reservations were cancelled about 7 days pre cruise and only a few passengers were able to rebook in their new setup.  The first night complete chaos with hundreds in line at every fining room from 5pm till late. Pretty well sorted by night three.

1 hour ago, Z0nker said:

The resting of us are locked out because we sail after Sept 14. 

Many of us have cruises booked starting after September 14th, and had our dining already booked. All of us who sail after September 14th had our dining reservations cancelled. Princess is going back to the The Traditional Dining (same time early or late, same table & same dining room each night), Reserve a time, or walk in anytime. Those of us who's dining was cancelled want to reserve our dining again. I sail this Sept. 14th & want that loose end taken care of. 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Including Princess!  The representative from Investor Relations said that it appears Princess underestimated the number of dining reservations that needed to be cancelled and then rebooked.rebooted.

With 50,000 berths there would be at least 80,000 reservations each evening.  Multiply by many days and the total is in the tens of millions.  

Ok have to ask where does the extra 30,000 come from?  And I know not all book reservations prior to cruise. 

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

We experienced a trial run on our holiday cruise.  All MDR reservations were cancelled about 7 days pre cruise and only a few passengers were able to rebook in their new setup.  The first night complete chaos with hundreds in line at every fining room from 5pm till late. Pretty well sorted by night three.

But those that choose traditional dining don't need to make a reservation everyday. It would simply be a choice of which , early or late.

I would think that the first thing that would be needed is for everyone to choose traditional or anytime.

It will be interesting to see on the App tomorrow, July 1, if the option to select Early Fixed Seating will magically appear for our Aug 2026 cruise. We’re cruising with our family of 10 and would very much enjoy eating together every night. We’ve got all 4 bookings linked. We now just need the Early Fixed Seating option to be made available for the designated MDR on our ship.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

21 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

Anyone heard anything yet about likely time of release?

Not yet in Toronto ON.

My 3 MDR s still have the same description- nothing re: traditional, anytime is showing yet.

11 minutes ago, dog said:

Not yet in Toronto ON.

My 3 MDR s still have the same description- nothing re: traditional, anytime is showing yet.

Wonder what time it will appear. Would it be based on California time rather than east coast?  I guess I will be checking occasionally during the night due to time difference.

Edited by lorri111