Loyalty clubs

Yes.  No reason not to have her on her own account.  That way any earned loyalty perks are issued to both stateroom cards for individual use rather than shared through your account.  She also will accrue cruise points independently as well.  Also, you may be the first listed on the reservation but you are both seen equally on the booking.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cruising Papa said:

Should my wife and I both join loyalty clubs? I've only done it myself and I'm always the primary on our trips.

There is no guarantee that you will always cruise together because, regrettably,  as many will testify, life changes - so yes both of you should join.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Also, you may be the first listed on the reservation but you are both seen equally on the booking.  

Not true. I book and manage all our travel but all the emails, snail mail, etc come addressed to my husband

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

Not true. I book and manage all our travel but all the emails, snail mail, etc come addressed to my husband

I book and manage all our trips also, but I make sure he gets all the junk mail - makes him feel involved 🙂

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, patty1955 said:

I believe it just has to do with who is listed first on the reservation in terms of emails, etc., or which email you designate.

And "primary" is to streamline communications, etc.  IMO it means very little in terms of the reservation.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, patty1955 said:

It is not about the emails, it about the status levels.  You both want to earn the points towards status.  Royal and Celebrity have different views on how cabin mates with different status can share the benefits so it is better if both have the status.

5 hours ago, patty1955 said:

Same with me.

On 6/18/2024 at 1:55 PM, patty1955 said:

I am also the in house "travel agent" and find this frequently...there is a Dominican Republic resort that we visit who always send emails to ME for for Mr John!

Posted (edited)

Absolutely.  For the Elite happy hour and free coffees from Cafe Al Bacio (CAB) for those with the Elite Plus status, the crew generally will only give you one drink per Elite Plus person so it's unlikely you can order two free free drinks since she doesn't have status.  Some will make exceptions but that isn't the rule.  That CAB line can get ridiculously long in the morning

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

Posted (edited)

You are assigned a club number on every cruise line you sail on from your first sailing whether you join or not. Our kids have numbers too that they now use on their own bookings. My wife didn't sign up for any of the 3 lines we sail but I saved the Loyalty number that was assigned to her sea pass for all of the lines. I just type it in when I make the booking. She has the same status as I do.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Posted (edited)
On 6/18/2024 at 8:40 AM, Cruising Papa said:

Should my wife and I both join loyalty clubs? I've only done it myself and I'm always the primary on our trips.

Yes. You both should be linked in the CC anyway. 

Edited by doghog

52 minutes ago, septrack said:

Select level says free pressing for two garments. Does anyone know if a couple of select pax get 2 each? TIA!

All benefits are per person. There are two select passengers in the cabinet each will get two garments pressed.